Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%
Default Curves

Curves is an exercise Gym type - except that it is just for Women. All the equipment is hydrolic resistance so there is no weight lifting etc. It is desinged to give you a 90 min work out in 30 min. I Love it!!! All the machines are in a circle so you face the other ladies. In between each station are platforms you like jog in place or what ever. You do each station for only 30 seconds each then move on to the next. You go arund the stations 3x's stretch and go home. They have great music playing and a cue tape that tells you when to change and when to check your heart rate. I sweat like a hog! I feel great! They post all the peoples name on the wall with how much inches you lost that month. The winner for June lost 19"! Its great and very motivating - I am not sure if its hit the UK yet - check the website
www.curvesforwomen.com to see. Have a good one - Cats
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 07:28

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 220/203/186 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Cat

That sounds just great! I shall check out the site and see if we have any here. The gym is usually such a lonely business but I hate aerobics classes (mainly cos I am rubbish at it and they have mirrors for you to see just how rubbish you are!).

Well this week I have put on a pound instead of loosing it! I just got huge carb cravings yesterday - managed to resist but had to compensate with too many cals. This is bad but better than letting go of the WOE for naughty things like biscuits etc. Cos then I feel I have fallen off the wagon with all the emotional barriers, guilt etc that that throws up. So this is my coping strategy. It's not good but better than having to get back on the wagon which I find difficult.

How have you done this week?

Lost any inches at the curves sessions?

Hope so

Hugs
Sara
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 18:15

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Talking Something's working....

I dunno what it is, but I'm likin' it!

I'm down 4lbs since starting over about three weeks ago. While this isn't the precipitous loss I *once* got (way back in 4/01, when I began this WOL), it's sure respectable.

I have *not* been tracking with FitDay. I have *not* been consuming 10-12 times my weight in cals/day. I have *not* been eating the "Required" 190+ grams of protein.

I *have* been eating good LC choices. I *have* been trying (and usually succeeding) to keep my water intake above 64oz. I *have* been eating until I'm satisfied. And I *have* been trying (and again, usually succeeding) to eat five or six small meals a day.

I have also gotten back to the athletic club, and have been doing 20MAS HIIT three or four days a week. I have yet to get back into my weight lifting, but that's coming.

What I would LOVE to do is either a spinning or kickboxing class, but the hours they're offered simply don't work with my schedule. I'm working in the morning hours, and I have to fetch Kelley from the sitter before the evening classes begin. (And I really don't want to start paying their childcare rates again.) SO.... maybe I'll get a tape or something.

Maybe I'll even begin in earnest my search for good bellydancing tapes....

Speaking of which (and it's completely OT, sorry)--at the RenFaire today I watched the "gypsy" troupe that I enjoy so much. First time I've seen them this year. They've added a second dancer--because their original one, who's still dancing with them, is *very* pregnant. And I have to say, watching a (I'll guess) seven- or eight-month-pregnant woman belly dance was a truly beautiful sensation. She just glowed, and you *know* she'll be in great shape for delivery--all those muscles getting that kinda workout.... Whew!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 04:22

BF:

WoW, Karen!

4lbs off is FANTASTIC! Well done indeed - you are really going now! The belly dancing woman sounds just lovely. I wish I could have seen her myself. She must feel great too! Hope you find a tape and get going on it - it does sound fun and so good for you. Perhaps Kelley can join in!

I have taken off the pound I put on so I haven't bothered to change the stats. This Friday is weigh-in day for me but it will usually be Saturday which swings it in terms of weight loss. However, away for weekend so will have to wait for next week - though then it will be TOM so will have to wait till following Friday - hmm. By my plan that should be 3lbs off by then - can't see it, myself, but you never now. I've just got to keep focussed and believe I can do this.

As usual Karen, you set a great example! let's see who is the first to drop out of this forum and set up the next one!

Plum is on hols, I think, let's see how she does when she returns, too.

See you all soon

Sara
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 07:39
Registered Member

Default Happy Monday!

Hi Gals -

Karen - I love the belly dancer story. Thanks for sharing!

I was on Call for work this weekend but managed to stay on track. My hubby made a nice comment and said that he think my Butt shrunk a little! That was enough to motivate me to stay on track! However we will be on vaction for two weeks starting the 3rd so that will be the ultimate challenge!

I've lost only about 9 lbs so far since the 12th of the month. Not overly inspiring but my goal is 2 lbs per week. So I have surpassed my goal by one lb a week. I can't wait to get re-measured because I know I've had to loose an inch or two at least. That will come in around the 20th of Aug so hopefully much more by then. This is only my second week on the Curves program. Atkins says you won't notice results from regular exercise until after the two week mark.

I am primarily sticking to the whole meats - not processed and salads. I am in Keotosis - so I think I might be eating too much salad and I don't always get enough water. I am really going to key on the water this week and see if that budges the scales. I would like to see a 5lb loss this week as I have class reunion on Saturday. Hope all goes well - have a great day - Cats
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 08:23

BF:

Cat, congratulations on the weight-loss. You'll be leaving us pretty soon at this rate! Well done!!

Good luck on the holiday. My advice is just to steer clear of the really naughty things, but still have the odd treat - otherwise you might feel cheated and rebel all together - well, it worked for me!

Hope you pop in before then though

Hugs

Sara

Last edited by lastchance : Tue, Jul-30-02 at 00:03.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 00:06

BF:

Hi All

Just wanted to say the scales say 192 this morning. Official weigh-in day is Thursday, and I do fluctuate wildly and TOM coming so not sure I can hold it/improve it by then, but will give it a very good try! Just two more days to go - it would be great!

Perhaps I will be the one to set up 180-189 club after all! Anyone going to try to beat me? Come on Karen, I think you and your bounding weight loss could do it easily!

See you soon

Sara
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 07:30
Registered Member

Default Cute!!

Sara - Thank you so much the cheerleaders are AWESOME! You gals are great - I could never leave this thread!

Karen I have some Tae Bo tapes that I could send to you if you like. I have three of them. Billy Blanks I think. Just let me know. HAve a great day - Cats
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 05:49

BF:

Hi 190s Gang!

Just a tip of something I've just discovered! I have just started drinking dandelion tea at breakfast ( about a litre of it altogether - make myself finish the pot!).

It's a diuretic and I think for the first time since I can remember I have got slim(-ish) ankles! I have kept off that 2lbs so far this week and I wonder if it was water retention. Whatever it is, I'm keeping it!

If you don't drink herbal tea anyway, it might taste horrid, but I suppose you could put sweetners in it?

Anyway, I am delighted and feel I could stay on this WOE forever! (amazing what 2lbs can do!). Let's hope it stays off till Friday - official weigh-in day!

Where did Destro go, by the way? On hols?

Hugs to you all

Sara
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 06:56
Registered Member

Default Crystal Light

Hi Gals -

Sara - thanks for the tip on the tea - I will have to try that one. I would to see my ankles let alone have slim ones Anyway - I found Crystal Light drinks are carb and sugar free and taste just wonderful!!! It has been deathly hot this summer and with a little ice it is soo refreshing.

I also am getting pretty used to this WOE. Is anyone else using the keto sticks? Have a great day Cats

#41   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 08:51

BF:

Catbert, I obviously need my eyes tested! I registered you'd lost that weight but not that you're 185? You beat us all, didn't you! Well done! You want to start the next support group down or do you want to wait for one of us to join you? Someone will sure to be down with you in a couple of weeks or so! My bet's on Karen or Plum when she returns from hols so long as she hasn't let it all go.

That is just brilliant! I am soooooo jealous! Keep it up girl - whatever you're doing is just great!

Sara
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 15:12

Cool No bets from this corner...

not the rest of this week anyway. It's TOM. ::growling::

I won't be going NEAR a scale until about a week from today. However, if I stay true to my old form, I should be down by then--provided I can keep to program. Yesterday was a little rough, today's been better.

I really need to go back to taking *all* of my supplements! Bad me, I just haven't gotten into that aspect of it this time around. I bet that's part of my problem with keeping on track, too.

WTG on the 185, Catbert! Y'know, I saw it--and it didn't even compute. Am I out of it, or what?

And you, Missy Sara... Three cheers for you!!

And everyone else--Keep up the good work! Onward and downward!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 05:12

BF:

Hi 190 Gang!

I am considering doing something a bit different and would appreciate any coments. I am very happy on this way of life, but it is so slow for me (yes, I know slow is safe and stays off longer but ...) . Saw a friend today who looks great and she said she did it on the cabbage soup diet (or at least a form of it). I didn't realise, but this is not just cabbage soup but a specific type of food every day for a week. It's low fat, + fruit and veg (= hunger and constipation for me) but actually promises 10-15 pounds loss in a week! A week! Well, I'm not going to leave this WOE, I love it, but I thought I might try to give myself a boost and do this for a week then go back to what I am doing now. What do you guys think?

I can't imagine I'd lose anything like that. Especially as I'm pretty detoxxed from carbs anyway so wouldn't get that initial weight loss which is really water. I might also put it back on when I return to this, but you never know. If it even lost, say 4 lbs and I kept it off when I came back to this, it would be worth doing every couple of months as an interval thing.

Anyone got experience of this? I know people who have done it, lost loads and gone back to normal overeating and put it all back on plus more, but nobody who has gone back to low-carbing.

It's very strict indeed so need to find a week when not eating out at all. Might not be for a couple of weeks, but I think I will give it a go unless others tell me this will certainly bring disaster.

Let me know what you think

Sara

Last edited by lastchance : Thu, Aug-01-02 at 12:55.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 11:33

Cool Well, now...

I've already seen Nat's response to this in your journal, Sara, and I have to say I'm with her. If you were stalled, that'd be one thing. However, you aren't--you're just losing more slowly than you'd like (aren't we all??? ) and eager to find some jump-start mechanism.

I've thought about such things as well, and always I've come to the realization that what I really *need* to do is buckle down again on this WOL because I already do know it works. Sure, I'm in that frustratingly slow stage now, and my month and a half of madness certainly didn't help things, but still, I know this will work for me in the long run. And if I don't fit into those size 12s until Yule, or even next Beltane, who really cares? (And if I'm a size 10 by then, you're ALL invited for my celebration!!! )

I'm certainly not about to tell you what to do or not do, Sara. I can only say that for my money, I'd stick with what I know rather than try something I'm not sure of--especially if it could mess with what progress I've already made. Just my zwei Pfennigs' worth.

Best to you, whatever you decide--and keep us apprised, won't you?
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 11:31

BF:

Hi there fellow 190-ers.

I would just love to get out of here. I wonder how long? I keep thinking, if I really 'try' I can do it in a week. But then, I do keep having those glasses of wine (been an amazingly difficult and confusing week). I will stop those after the weekend and let's see!

I have a great desire to start the 180-189 club.

I would have a go at the 'cabbage soup' thing for a week, but you need a clear week where you are not going out or anything, and I don't have one of those at the moment (lucky me), so that'll have to wait. Might not do it at all. Have noted Nat and Karen't advice. But I am tempted. Well, we'll see. Won't be for ages if at all.

Anyone out there want to join? I got into a pair of 12 (US) stretch jeans at the weekend and they were very comfortable. Have put the 14s away - will give them to charity shop as I know I wont' ever need them any more. (Haven't done that before, or felt like this - hurray!).

If you are 190-199, why not join us - we all want the same thing - to get out of this club! How original - a club we join to help us get out of!

See you soon

Sara