Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 21:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default whew...

Thanks Deirdre good looking out! As much as we love finding new things we really have to be careful.

I bought a new protein crunch bar made with peanutbutter and crispy soy beans. It was surprisingly good but the hidden carb counter gave it a big

Well la tortilla factory it is...

Shannon
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 23:10
Registered Member

Stats: 321/280/225
BF:
Progress: 43%
Unhappy Manny's Tortillas

Hi Fellow Tortilla Lovers!

I emailed the sales rep at Manny's after the post of the 5.5 carb count, and asked where I could purchase their low-fat, low-carb tortillas on the West Coast. After exchanging several emails, where he asked for potential sales leads, and promised samples for the tips, I thought it best to explain just what 'effective carbs' were. Haven't heard "peep" yet, or seen any samples. Could've fed them to the chickens, I suppose --at least I could eat the eggs. I see now why he went silent!

La Tortilla still seems the best bet.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 08:00

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post La Tortilla Factory...

Still loving the La Tortilla Factory brand here...

...sorry to hear that Manny's didn't work out for folks.

After trying (and totally enjoying) the garlic & herb variety, I also just bought the green onion flavor La Tortilla Factory tortillas....Love em!

I've also started using them in place of a bun with burgers. We cook out a lot and enjoy sirloin burgers, so I tried cuting a burger in half and layering it into a tortilla with lettuce, mayo, small amount of onion, a little tomato, dill pickle slice, cheese. I fold it over and it looks like a burger taco. It's really, really good.

Love these for sandwich roll-ups, too. Great with cheese, turket, lettuce, etc.

Enjoy!

Donald

Last edited by DWRolfe : Mon, Apr-22-02 at 15:12.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 14:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 267/264/185 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 4%

I tried the hamburger tortilla idea this weekend also, by sunday I was enjoying a fully dressed bacon cheese burger tortilla. I'm going to smuggle the tortillas into Taco bell or Mcdonalds next week. I wonder if BIG MAC SAUCE is legal on Atkins?
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 17:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Big Mac Sauce?!?

NOT ...

Actually, you'd best go to the MacDonald's website and find out the carb counts though I THINK the Big Mac Sauce is not such a secret if you actually look at it. Sure looks, smells and tastes like Thousand Island to me, and there's probably a good tablespoon or so on the burger if not more. Thousand Island is loaded with sweet dill relish and ketchup. Sugar. Carbs.

#36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 21:28

BF:

Glad I could make you laugh

Last edited by zoom : Mon, Apr-22-02 at 22:41.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 21:35

Stats: 202/168/140
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Hey tortilla smuggler

I read the greatest thing at some LC place... A couple of LC'ers were desperate for taco bell so they "made up" allergies to combat their issue. To get the fast food restaurants to use your tortillas - you should tell them that you have a wheat allergy and cannot use their tortilla's at taco bell and del taco.

For the bun places they may see this as a little odd, but isnt burger kings motto "we'll make it YOUR way"? well hey my way is LC baby!

Happy LC'ing

Shannon
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-02, 21:43

BF:

Thanks goingfor60, I will see if taco bell will do it for me. I'm also interested in your recipe you mentioned earlier in this thread, it sounds tasty.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 21:07

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I gather I am rather lucky in the tortilla area. I found them last fall(before LCing) at my local supermaket. They weren't my fav. then, but since LCing, my tastes have changed. They don't carry the green onion flavor, so I might have to ask about that.

I used a garlic and herb tortilla today with two tabl of cream cheese spread all over it, a touch of horseradish and roast beef. Rolled it up and wrapped it in saran for a snack/meal during a bb game. GOOD, GOOD, GOOD!!

#40   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 09:09
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%
Default hehehehehhhhhheeheehee

I am SOOOOOO happy! I just got a confirmation on my tortilla wraps.

I ordered 9 packages...3 of each flavor!!

Somedays life just can't get any better!!

Cin
  #41   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 17:13
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

My order arrived TODAY!!!

I had 2 wraps with salmon salad rolled up inside them...what a treat!! I'm still full too....lol.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 18:23

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default My favorite rollup...

Glad to hear your order came in and that they are as good as expected.

I just tried a new way of fixing them, which DH and I both enjoyed it quite a bit!

1/4 cup fresh grated parmesean cheese
1 garlic and herb tortilla
3 oz salad shrimp
2 T. cream cheese
1 T. Caesar salad dressing

Combine the shrimp, cream cheese and salad dressing in a deep bowl. (it tends to splatter when you first start mixing it) Using an electric mixer, beat until the shrimp start breakin down and everything is mixed together well. (Should be the consistencey of a "spread"). Set aside. Place parmesean cheese in a small nonstick saute pan over medium heat. When cheese starts melting, put a tortilla on top of it. As the cheese just starts to brown, flip the torilla over and lightly brown the other side (no cheese) of the tortilla. Remove tortilla from pan onto serving plate cheese side up. Spoon the shrimp mixture down the middle of the "taco" shell. Fold and enjoy! (Probably would be good with a few shreds of romain lettuce )

I use some old "Cooking Light" software on my computer to compute my nutritional values. According to this program, here are the numbers:
CAL: 400
FAT: 26
CAR: 14 - 9 FIBER = 5
PRO: 32

I just posted a copy of this in the recipes section like a good girl.

Last edited by missatc : Fri, May-17-02 at 19:02.