Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 07:31
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Thumbs up Rosebud,

Way to go girlfriend,
I got a report here in West Virgina that the sale of toliet paper is on the rise maybe we could contact them and see we could get coupons. I know I am up to one roll a day.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 09:38

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

I guess I am one of the strange ones - I HATE any kind of pop - have been that way all of my life. I am a pure black coffee drinker, no cream or sugar. I can go through POTS a day rather than cups!

When I started dieting on Jan 2, my husband and I would drink a pot of coffee before I stroll off to work. Then I would start the agony of gagging down the water. I would barely get 32 oz down in one day! After work, I would make a pot of coffee for myself and drink that before bed (never have a sleep problem).

Now, after only 2-1/2 weeks, I still share the pot of coffee in the morning, but I drink over 100 oz. during the day at work (room temp). After work, I might have a cup of hot tea and then drink water with my meals and when working on the computer.

It also helps me to use my 32 oz cup - helps to get the water down faster.

I'm not there yet (still have a little problem with weekends) but I am trying!!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 10:26
Registered Member

Stats: 195/201/145
BF:
Progress: -12%
Default New to the water game

I am just starting out, so I had to try a few things to get my water in. I ended up using a huge 32 oz bottle with straw. It is great cause I look at as I only have to drink 4 of them!

Love my water ice cold too...

Gilta
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 11:52
Pending Member

BF:
Thumbs up

I also have a 32 oz cup and I replenish it throughout the day.
I am so glad more people are drinking because I am finding out for myself that it help stay off hunger and my complexion is better.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 12:55

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 209.9/206.6/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Work vs. Weekends.....

The only way I've been able to drink enough water is by filling a small beverage cooler (about 4 liters I think) with ice and water in the morning and take it with me to work....as long as I finish it before I leave for the day, I know I'm good.....but at home is another story - it is so much easier to just grab a can of diet pepsi - (my absolute favorite in the whole wide world) than to get a glass, get some ice and wait for the tap water to get cold....

I've tried keeping a pitcher in the 'fridge too, and that helps some, but I'm terrible about drinking enough water on the weekends.....maybe I just need to install an IV for the weekends....LOL!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Wink

Deb, where's your journal. Your water wings are waiting, but I can't find a place to post them for you!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 18:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks for the Water Wings! Now I will really be floating away on all this water!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 18:51
TerrieP

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Thanks for the wings . . . it prompted me to go drink another 24 oz.

Hope your mom gets well soon.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 19:53
Pending Member

BF:
Cool thanks

Thanks for my water wings. I love them.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 00:13

Plan: Modified LC
Stats: 231/203.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Yep
Progress: 34%
Cool

I hope it isn't too late to earn my water wings.

My tip: I have a 1 liter water bottle (that used to hold "designer water") with four rubber bands at near the top. Each time I fill the bottle, I move one rubber band towards the bottom. At the end of the day, I should (but not always do) have an empty bottle and four rubber bands at the bottom.

This also comes in handy when other people at work who drink the same brand of water (whether they refill it, I don't know). Working in a group home setting, the bottles get left here and there and people are getting confused as to which bottle is theirs. I know that mine is the one with the rubber bands!

For those that want a bit of pizazz in their water drinking, add a bit of lemon (don't forget to count those carbs though).

I go through alot of toilet paper too!
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 00:21

Plan: Modified LC
Stats: 231/203.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Yep
Progress: 34%

Oh and another thing I do - I always count 5 swallows whenever I drink water. I find I consume more of it that way.

And....)can you tell I'm into water? I live in the desert!) one thing I've started to do is drink water when I'm waiting at a stoplight. I just make sure I know where the nearest bathroom is at my destination
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 02:00
Pending Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 314/306.6/299
BF:
Progress: 49%

oh oh oh!!! I just found this thread and I want to apply for my wings too!!

I love water and since I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners, I can't drink pop anyway. I have a 1-litre sports bottle that I fill with room-temp water from our filter. I take it with me everywhere. I average 3 litres per day - when I work out, I drink one there too, so that's at least 4 on those days. I certainly "feel" it if I don't get enough - sort of tired and sluggish and thirsty! Since it's summer here, I never go under 2 per day and usually have 4. I used to think I should buy some stock in TP shares too, but it does slow down after a while .

Thanks for this thread. Drinking good, clean water has so many benefits in our bodies. It's nice to know I'm doing something good for myself everytime I fill that bottle.
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 06:51

Plan: PP
Stats: 270/220.4/220
BF:
Progress: 99%

What a Great thread !!!!
Thanks groovygirl for your tip on the four rubberbands on the bottle, what a GREAT way to keep track of how much you are actually drinking.

When I started LC 2 months ago I couldn't believe anyone could actually drink 2 litres a day, took me a little bit to get up to that, then I was reading other people's journals and seeing that they were drinking 4-5 a day !!!!! So I thought I would try that, and now I drink about 4 litres a day. Had a couple of bad days last week only having about 2 and my ankles balooned !!!!!
So am back to four a day.

My tip - I put 1 slice of fresh lemon in a 1 litre bottle, I've sure had some funny looks, but I just say to anyone who comments that they should try it - it taste's GREAT.
Also I have 4 one litre bottles and make sure they're filled up every night in the fridge.

bye for now
Kaye
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 16:26

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default I need some wings!!!

Being a total Diet Pepsi addict, the trouble I have is having water instead of soda. I like water well enough, but I like soda better.

Two Tips:

1. Drink from a straw, a big fat straw. McDonald's used to pass out really thick ones (before fast food started free refills) to get you to buy more soda. A good thick straw makes the water go much faster!

2. Make a hard rule, that you cannot browse this forum/messageboard unless you are chugging water at the same time. That way this little addiction that we all have to this board has a major benefit!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 08:36
Pending Member

BF:
Thumbs up a great idea

Cori,
That is a great idea about drinking your water at the desk. I never tried because I have a ice loving cat that loves to get in my big 32 oz. cup. My one trick is to have my one cup of coffee and then I keep my 32 oz cup filled all day. I carry it everywhere. I just finished my morning coffee and I will start filling it soon. I make sure I drink my water and then I will give my self a treat, such as, herbal tea or a decaffinated diet coke at night.
Well have a great day.