Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey xotc

Lo carb diets tend to work fastest for people who have to lose a lot of weight. The people who lose, like, 4-5 lbs in a week often have a long way to go. I only ever lost a max of two pounds per week, and I had... *math*...37 lbs to lose. It may take you a while to lose it.

Some folks are right, though-- you should involve a doctor or dietician to help you, especially if you have a bit of trouble breathing. Even if it's just someone to bounce ideas off of. If they are not supportive of your weight loss, then find out why and think about that.

M
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:27

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

beware trying to be thinner than your body wants to be. i had a friend who was a perfect size 8--she looked great and had an hourglass figure. she could and did eat whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. she decided she was too large and using low cal lost down to a size 5. however the only way to maintain that size was for her to eat less than 1000 cal per day. she would gain and gain rapidly on a fraction of what she ate before. dieting can so mess up your metabolism. i am sure most of us here can tell you horror stories about losing weight only to regain all of it back plus more. every diet i tried ultimately left me bigger than when i began.

perhaps with some lc plan you can still eat a reasonable amount and lose very slowly. one girl's story that i read was that she lost her last pounds at an average of 1 pound per month.

if you seriously want help here, post what you eat and we will give specific advice.

Last edited by asalvato : Fri, Sep-10-04 at 08:22.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:36

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemman
personally, i dont think you would need to diet at all... just exercize

Ditto

Are you exercising? You really should include some strength training and some cardio, that will definitely help you shed the last bit and also maintain - cardio burns fat and strength training increases your lean body mass, which in turn increases your metabolic rate = both are great tools to lose weight and keep it off, not to mention to look great! Noone wants to look "skinny fat" (i.e. slim but with no muscle tone), right? Exercise is your best chance at getting where you want to be. Perhaps it's not even weight, maybe the weight will stay the same but you'll lose inches, which is ultimately what counts, right? Sizes are in inches, not pounds, correct?

take care and good luck
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 07:40

Plan: homeopathic HCG, loading
Stats: 246/230.5/154 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotcbabe
frame? my tummy is big and i can't exercise that much coz i have hard time breathing.. so exercise is not really my option at all.

You mean you have asthma? Or is i simply that when you do cardio you start too quick, don't warm-up properly, go above a good level of exertion so you find yourself short of breath quickly?

If it's the first, get with your doctor - I never heard of asthmatic people not being able to exercise at all.

If it's the second, just take it slow. Start with walking 30 minutes a few times a week. No biggie. Then up the intensity and/or duration as you go. Just do what feels good though. At first you might have to drag yourself to the gym or the walking track, but soon you'll enjoy it and look forward to it. Give it a shot!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 08:44
Registered Member

Stats: 230/215/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi! Personally I think you look great, but it is up to you what you want to weigh. I think you have yourself going in circles and I can say as much cuz I, in my early late teens to early 20's was annorexic and bulemic. Now, you need some therapy to accept yourself and to not obsess over your weight. I am not judging you, not at all. I know how easy once you start to just be only focused on your weight what you eat, etc. and it just doesn't know how to stop itself, you have to stop it.If you would like to talk I am available. I only wish I looked as beautiful as you do....
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 10:21
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 123/122.5/110 Female 5 something
BF:
Progress: 4%

Thanks everybody for all the replies.I dont have asthma, im just anemic. As far as exercising, i did try it before but i kept losing balance on the treadmill and couldnt catch my breathe. I also felt dizzy and fainty so i decided not to do that again.
i dont really think i have eating disorder becuz i've never thrown up in my life before, i just started several months ago. I was doing itwhenever i ate bad foods. Now, i dont do that anymore. I realized it wasn't the right thing to do and i've heard and seen horror stories about purging and how it can affect your body.
Yesterday , for lunch i had a footlong subway meatballs sandwish, that was really good.
Now, i have decided to eat whole foods and no bad foods anymore, hopefully.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 10:35

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemman
personally, i dont think you would need to diet at all... just exercize

I agree! Maybe you should just increase your exercise! You are so close to what you want to weigh! Keep on LCing and exercising and you will reach your goal before you know it!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 11:41

Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

exercise is really important for your health. Have you ever thought of trying yoga. You can start out real slow and incorporate meditation and it may help with your breathing. I know yoga isn't for everyone, but it's just a thought. I've been doing yoga for a year and my stomach is firmer and my thighs have gained strength and the best thing is I'm more balanced and I've learned to breath and relax. Good luck with everything!
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 12:04

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I do low carb/low calorie. I take in 20 carbs and 1500 calories a day. I love veggies and find them to be my favorite snack.
If you need support just long on we are here for you.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 13:25
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Purging without the throwing up can be an eating disorder. There is also body dismorphia (really bad spelling) where no matter what you look like you hate your looks and weight.

The balance, dizzyness, and even anemia could be due to lack of energy coming in. In other words no fuel from food to keep the body running right. I agree with the poster who said to start with yoga or pilates. You don't have to jump in with hardcore cardio (I fall flat on my face with cross country sky machines, the stupid things hate me). Just because one exercise isn't working doesn't mean it rules out all exercises. A long walk, some moderate weight lifting or some nice stretching can all help. The cardio can be built up slowly over time.