Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 01:16

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello

If you can afford it, try DKNY jeans. They are generously cut in the thigh area and not too wide in the waist. Donna is italian after all.

Also french and german brands tend to be cut for women rather than 14-year-olds. I buy them here in "suplus stores" like TK Max
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 01:43

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I have to agree with the walmart Levis these are the most comfortable pants ever!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 03:27
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

There's an article in my Good Housekeeping magazine about finding the right fit of pants that says that Gap is a better fit for those with a more "boyish" figure. So, I wouldn't let it bother you.....you'd rather look like a girl than shop at Gap eh? I know I would.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292.5/277.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Gap & Old Navy both carry up to size 20 on their websites! Also, Old Navy carries up to 20 in their stores!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 10:47

Plan: Keto
Stats: 284.6/239.0/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Not only does the cut of the clothing make a difference in how it fits, how you like to wear your clothes makes a difference. Stores that often cater to the "younger" (read: teens to early 30s) consumer generally stock clothes that are cut smaller. One of the big trends in demin lately, is the "painted on" look...where the jeans are incredibly tight and stretched over the hips and thighs of the wearee. Personally, I have not seen even 1 example where this look is flattering on ANYONE, even the teenage teenyboppers this look is so popular with. I know my rear sticks out enough without my jeans exaggerating that by stretching over it, making it stick out even farther. Thus, while I may fit into a size 16 at Gap/Old navy ( like other places), I do not desire to wear clothing that exaggerates my flaws. So instead I go up a size.

A Gap size 16 fits me in the waist, but I purchase 18's from the outlet or online so that I have a more relaxed thigh and rear. The waist is always too big, but I can get over it if I wear a belt.

Levi's are also cut for a slimmer hipped chick, in my experience. I'm just glad that I can fit into non-stretch flare leg jeans somewhere else besides Lane Bryant.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 23:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/212/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:
Smile C. J. Banks

I love the fit I find in this store. C.J. Banks carries sizes 14 and up and their sister store Christopher Banks carries the smaller sizes up to 16. Luckily both are very near to each other for me. The carry alot of casual styles!

Kerid01