Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 20:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.0/238/105 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

This will date me- but in the late '70's they had a liquid "protein" diet. It was a cherry flavored drink. It came as a concentrated liquid and you diluted it with water. It was the grossest stuff. I think you drank it for 2 meals than had a diet supper-chicken breast, veg's, etc. I want gag just thinking about it. I did loose weight. To this day if I taste or smell that certain cherry flavor it brings back nightmares HA!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 20:16
wrkn off da baby fat

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

The worst one wasn't a diet but a diet aid....it was something U were to wear in your ear and it was supposed to suppress your appetite. The second worse were those d~mned plastic sweat suits U were supposed to wear around the house or while U exercised to burn fat or just literally sweat to death.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-02-04, 22:06
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Not really a horrid diet -- but a complete waste of time -- Slim-Mint gum. Can't for the life of me think how that gum would have made me cut down on eating - and it didn't. It was probably from the '70's.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 00:12

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I haven't really done any horrible diets... I did the T-Factor Diet when I was a kid. My dad put me on it and I lost 16 pounds. (A much needed loss at the time)

I did the Rotation Diet which wasn't too bad except for I was quite hungry all the time. I did it for 3 weeks to get ready for lifeguard training when I was 17. Lost 15 pounds in those three weeks. That was probably the most decent low-fat diet I've ever been on.

Probably the worst... you're gonna laugh... when I was 16 I tried Atkins, but I didn't know what I was doing cause I didn't read the book. My aunt told me stuff about it and I just sorta went by what she said. But I had no clue what I was doing and it sucked.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 20:43

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

I can tell you about diets I was told to try but never did...I was told to try Atkins by a 750 lb doctor who could not examine me, I had to walk up to him for him to examine me. Well...he said to try atkins, I could eat a dozen eggs and a slab of bacon if I wanted. I looked at him like he was insane and because of him I didn't discover Atkins for 3 more years!!!

So, I switched to another doctor who told me to try the Blood Type diet...I'm A- so he told me to eat lots of cayenne pepper and other foods according to my blood type. I thought to myself...what the heck is wrong with these doctors???

Thankfully I learned the right way to do atkins but I could've lost weight along time ago...