Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 06:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey O
" I started back in duction and Monday will make 2 weeks, and I have only lost 2 pounds on it so far.

Lacey, I think the reason everyone thought the scale was moving down is because of what you said above. Two lbs. is nothing to sneeze at and it is downward and not upward. I hope you make the best decision for you on the pancakes. I just know that I'm having a terrible struggle getting back into the mindset to do what needs doing. Every time I think I've got the mental part of it licked and am back on track, I get off track again. Not gaining...but not losing really either and its my own fault. I use the comments other make about how I'm small enough now and will be too thin if I keep losing to justify what I'm doing. Yeah...I look pretty good at this weight, but I'm not where I want to be and I would like to have a lower body fat percentage and I am the only one who can say where I feel healthy...not everyone else.

Anyway...didn't mean to get off on a tangent, but if you aren't losing there are reasons for it. Have you tried calling the Atkins Center for more suggestions? Or maybe trying to find a doctor in your local area who is familiar with low carbing? I firmly believe what Dr. A said about 99% of the people being able to be successful on Atkins and that if you keep looking, eventually you will find out what the problem is. I wish you the best of luck!

L
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 07:41

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey O
Everyone else thinks I don't take their advice to heart, but I do I have tried all of there advice and the scales don't move, . I have tried so hard. Exercising too.

On different threads, people who want to help you have suggested you: (1) post your stats, (2) use and post fit-day, and (3) log your meals DAILY in a journal. They suggested this so they could take a look at what you were doing, see a clear picture of when you lose and the circumstances surrounding it, and maybe see a pattern that could help you with your problem. The journal was to be for logging meals regularly. You have not done the first two and your journal has a few meals...the rest is chit chat. You say people don't think you take their advice to heart...how can they think otherwise if you don't give them the information they ask for so they can continue to help you? I don't think anyone has a clear idea of how much you have lost...or gained because you are posting different things in different places. Do you even know what the pattern is? If you REALLY want people to take the time to try to help you, YOU have to take the time to give them the information to do it instead of complaining that no one believes you are taking their advice. Lacey...you aren't. If you are serious about losing weight, you need to be religious about using the journal, posting fit-day and let people see all your stats...not just your goal weight. I have to ask why you haven't done this. If you want people to invest the time in helping you out, you have to do your share, instead of complaining in generalized terms about "not losing". If it is all too much trouble, be honest and say so and let the good folks on this board move on.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 10:37

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

What is your head telling you? Are you saying to yourself, "I'll never lose this weight?" or "This is useless?" If so, you are sabotaging your loss. Start saying right now "I can lose this weight!" "I don't have to make bad food choices!"

How important is your weight loss? I used to have a mindset that said, oh, I'll just eat this one...I'll just have a bite or two .... or it's a special occasion until I was 225 lbs worth of ones, bites and special occasions!!!!

I was very insulin resistent when I started this WOE, plus I had yeast issues. That had a lot to do with my turtle losing speed. In fact, I didn't lose anything at all the first week and I was very strict in following the rules. But I had faith that it would work and it does!!!

I have plateaued every 10 lbs., but I still stick with it. I keep telling myself when faced with a bad food Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

Have a low carb great time in TN!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 11:39
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 210/193/130
BF:
Progress: 21%
Smile You can do this!

Not by going off plan, but you can get past this stall! You'll feel so good when it happens too! Something that helps me is a little self congrat. when i pass up an "opportunity to cheat". Or maybe start right this minute & start doing a SERIOUSLY strict induction. Maybe look at the library or hang out in a bookstore-pick up a different lo carb book (besides Atkins, since you already have that) take a look at some different foods you CAN freely eat- sometimes new ideas help you feel less deprived! Another thing that has helped me is WATER! I know the old water water water story gets old, but it works. Try water as your only beverage for a week- drink with every meal plus a glass before every meal at least!
About those pancakes... they will always be around, find something else you enjoy eating a lot and have it instead. Save the pancake eating until you feel better about your weight, whether its 5 lbs or 20! I hope one of my ideas helps you!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 13:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 196.0/184.0/170 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I believe the Dandr book addresses having a bite of this or that, referring to it as "the kiss of death on this WOL". There's never an end to the special occasions. Don't expect results if you don't go along with the plan. It may be time to decide which way you want to go. Best of luck.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 16:09

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Lacey, you've gotten a lot of very good advice even if some of it is a little tough and not what you wanted to hear.
You've managed to lose 35 pounds so far and now your body is taking a break. You've cheated once at least out of frustration, but looking back did it help? You seem to think that since you're not losing weight you might as well go ahead and eat the pancakes, but are you sure that you won't gain from that and then be struggling to lose from an even higher weight than you are now?
We can find excuses around us every day to eat things we shouldn't, but it's those little excuses to have fun, splurge a little and the "just one bite won't hurts" that got a lot of us right where we are. I was just presented with a very good excuse to go looking for comfort food over the weekend. I didn't. Why? Because it's not going to change the situation and it will only hurt me in the long run even if it gives me temporary comfort now.
While eating pancakes, even if they are the best doggone pancakes in the country, may be tempting is it going to do anything to help you in reaching your goal? You certainly won't lose from eating them and you'll likely wind up gaining. How is that going to solve your current situation?
I understand that you're frustrated right now, but Lacey, in order for us to help you, we have to have all the correct, brutally honest information you can provide. There has to be a reason why that scale doesn't want to move right now and it may not even be something that you're doing wrong. You may just have to wait it out, but nobody can tell you that without knowing exactly what you are doing with your WOE; the good, the bad and the ugly.
There's a lot of folks here who want to help you and have tried already, but you have to do your part too.
Ultimately, the rest of us don't have to live with your body or the consequences of your choices...only you do, so you have to make your own choices and choose the advice that seems best to you. Good luck!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 16:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/160/143 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 26%

Lacey,
Your attitude about always being fat and not ever being able to lose the weight is WRONG!

Just because you've now missed your golden shot does not mean the next induction will not help you lose weight. It will, the weight will just come off more slowly.

Don't give up, you can do it.

As for being bitched at, sometimes we all need a good *ss kicking to get us back into line.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 17:02

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

I don't think Lacy has missed her "Golden Shot", which, OBTW, is a theory. She has lost, according to her, 35 lbs and is now in a stall. (I would love to be able to say I have lost 35 lbs!!) My next suggestion would be for her to do a search on "stalls" and read what others have posted there. She will find her frustration is no worse than theirs, but for a goodly number of the stallers, they hung in there and waited it out. As long as six months. I think Lacy needs to remember and repeat to herself that she didn't put the weight on in several months and won't take it off in several months. Reading about the frustration of others will help her realize she isn't the "only" one, and could help her develop a more positive attitude. (I am referring to her "I'm out of here" post. This board is packed with more information any one person can possibly digest and if you need help, it is there. But you have to be patient and recognize that everyone loses at different rates and take good advice when offered. The help and advice is out there...all you have to do is accept it.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

Lacy, sometimes diet just isnt enough. I know you are exercising, but you might need to increase that to 5 days a week. What is your workout rutine like? I know that this isnt the answer you want. It sounds like you really want to lose this weight, and you can, you just have to be willing to work hard. The hard work will pay off three fold though. You should get increase your exercise ALOT, and you WILL lose weight. I really feel for you though, and your frustrations. But it seems that you are almost setting yourself up for failure. I think you need to just see that scale move down to get that positive attitude back. Lets talk about an exercise program, there are some trainers on this board who im sure can give you great advice.