Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 20:53
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Bayrat-- not too many pools up here...80% of the year, you'd run out naked, jump, hit the ice...and have a heck of a lot to explain in the emergency room!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 05:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Potato, Ouch!

I always look before I leap, freezes here as well. Only one winter in upstate NY since I have been here do I recall no snow or ice. In fact, usually able to ride snowmobile, four wheeler, ice boat or truck (take your pick) across the bay around Christmas time.

WCOLLIER, you are correct IMO. Someone that did not try to help themselves before asking is annoying. In fact, that is why I spent as much time as I did researching HELP here before I mentioned the problem I was having. BUT AFTER being frustrated long enough, I succumbed Thank You for the help ROSEBUD
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 06:28
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Potatoe - Do they have the New Years Polar Bear jump there too? Somehow the polar bear group here manages to talk normally sane people into doing a lake jump to bring luck to the new year. I remember swimming in the lake while there was still a little ice in the middle when I was little, but the idea of having to chip a whole in ice has no appeal to me Maybe it's just my antisocial side peeking though ;p
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 09:22
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Not to my knowlege around here anyway. If someone were to go out in their skivvies in -20 temps, I'd say they'd have more problems than I care to deal with...lol. I guess surviving with all the dangly bits intact would be "luck" There are some saunas set up at the lake, but most only do the "plunge" afterward if it's well ABOVE zero!!

Last edited by potatofree : Mon, Oct-13-03 at 09:23.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 11:30

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

When I first started here I wondered, what could I ever say
that would be of value. But I find I do have valuable experience
and others have apprreciated it. Even if its just a "way to go", or "hang in there"
It has helped me. I hope others feel the same. Even when I feel inarticulate
hopefully someone will respond. I can't read em all because
there are so many, but I want to be compassionate.