Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 13:10
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Ok.. Well, I guess I am not too far off. I got some good ideas on foods though. I'm not a big vegetable person, so I will have to increase my leafy green vegetables. I need to snack on more cheese and leave the 1 cup of mayo at home. (LOL)
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 13:11
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

I'm with you, Cream Cheese Pancakes? Sounds delicious and I am getting a little tired of eggs.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 13:18
Registered Member

Stats: 170/143/130 Female 64
BF:?/29.2/23-OMG
Progress: 68%

OKies.. found the url

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=111641

If you gals sniff around the recipe section, lots of good things there!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 15:24
Registered Member

Stats: 251/217/135 Female 62
BF:100
Progress: 29%

Just dropped in to say HI and Thank you Xerces I am trying out this fitday stuff again. No new changes here today other. Was sick last night . Feeling better today.

Candles
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 18:15

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Girls! Busy Busy Busy Busy Day!! The cream cheese pancakes were awesome. Here's the super easy recipe:

1 8 oz package cream cheese (let soften a little)
4 eggs separated
1 packet Splenda
1 t cinnamon

Separate eggs. Mix yolks, cream cheese, splenda and cinnamon set aside. In a metal bowl mix egg whites with a mixer until stiff. Gently combine the cream cheese mixture and the eggs whites. In a non stick pan, melt 1-2 T butter. MAKE PANCAKES! They brown up nicely. I used a little sugar free syrup. HEAVENLY!

I gotta run! My busy Mom life is kicking into high gear. But the weekend is coming!! More later!

Susan
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 09:16
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Well, the weekend is drawing near. Not much to report on today. We have a family bonfire to go to this weekend. That will be rough. Everyone brings in delicious goodies. I figure if I watch my carbs early, I should be able to at least have a bowl of chili and a plain hotdog. I think I will take some deviled eggs for at least one treat I can enjoy.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 17:54
Registered Member

Yah the weekend, not so sure if thats really a good thing..lol. Oh Kim a bowl of chili hehehe. I won't scold you I had a lil slip yesterday. Even tho my carb count was 37 I could only subtract somewhere of 10. Its the ice cream I had..hehehehe, but it was sooooo good
Kim anyway u can tug along some veggies? I am now very weak here. Always love veggies but they are starting to nag at me.
You gals have a good weekend..
Over and Out
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 08:04

BF:

Good morning all! Well it's a lazy saturday morning... just taking care of the kids and housework... fun fun fun huh? Nothing new really... yesterday wasn't a good lc day... started great, but then my thyroid meds started messing with me... had littel panic attack... going for more blood work MOnday. I think my hypo thyroid might have flipped back to hyper, thus explaining the fast weight loss I have been having. I think my doc is going to want to permanently kill my thyroid. That's ok though. I am tired of the yo yo thing. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.. sound horrible, but it's just auto immune thyroid disease that doesn't know WHAT it wants to do!

later... Susan
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 03:50

BF:

HI all. I'm down 2 pounds. But I'm not feeling real well today... my thyroid is whigging out on my.... going hyper I think....Going for blood work today. I've been very anxious and emotional.

Susan
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:51
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Susan: Good luck with the bloodwork, you'll have to let us know what they decide.

The weekend wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I skipped the chili, but had 2 roasted hotdogs w/o the bun instead. The only bad thing I had was a couple of rolled up tortilla's with turkey, cheese, and cream cheese. It was sooo good. I figure 1 tortilla had 28 carbs, and they were cut into small pinwheels, so I won't be too hard on myself, it wasn't as bad as all the sweets they had.

Xerces: We really do need to work on our vegetables. I usually just eat lettuce (I'm gonna turn into a rabbit pretty soon.)
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 08:20
Registered Member

Smile

Hi all, sorry I was gone all weekend and wasn't able to post but this weekend was good . So far since I started my diet I have lost 7 lbs as of today I am so shocked and happy . Just needed to share this. Hope everyone is doing good....
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 09:51
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Candels: Congratulations on the weight loss. It's always nice to see results from all that hard work.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 12:48
Registered Member

OH Man OH Man

My weekend, well Ummmmmmmmmmmmm. Had a high carb day on Sat..hehehe. I am not gonna beat myself up for it, for I knew well what I was doing. A friend came to visit and she bought over a lot of food. She is very poor and I just couldn’t see myself "insulting" her gifts and chose to appreciate what she brought. After all this is a WOL for me and not so much as a weight loss diet. Don't get me wrong I want to lose weight, but I am not gonna make myself insane about it.

The good part is that even though I must have consumed around 300-500 carbs (LOL), I did not gained anything. Surely, I didn't suffer any side effects. YAY. I just didn't lose anything Though, losing weight at this point is very slow, somewhere 3-5 pounds a month. According to that 5% per month --it’s right. *sighs*

Susan: Hope your doing better by now. I sure could borrow your thyroid.

Candles: Doing Great! Hey when you reach goal, send your weight lost this way, ok?

mdklimesh: How are you doing? Let us know, it’s been a few days since we heard from you.

Kim: Yah them veggies, argh! I am gonna have nightmares soon--them chasing me..lol. I put a little peppers in my eggs, gonna have celery for a snack and spring mix salads for lunch and dinner. Oh, good for you for skipping the chili

Ok gals, off I go. Good to hear from you. Keep going and I shall be checking your fitdays..haven't done it *yet*. So maybe I will throw another post with that..
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 13:12
Registered Member

Arrow

Checked fitdays...

Candles: yours is blank..lol

Kim: Are you entering only partial for your total day foods? Your percentages of fat, etc is good. I won't comment on veggies cos we know right..lol! I do see a lot of cheese in there. Since your losing, it doesnt seem to have an effect right now on you? Lucky gal

So here are reminders. I feel kinda silly giving this out, since you are doing good. I am the one at a slow crawl..lol

1) Water - 64 oz basic. Add on 8 oz per 25 pounds you want to lose.
2) For the ones are soon hitting your 3rd week or already there. Don't be discouraged when the weight doesn't come off. I don't measure, but maybe you would want to? If you feel like your not losing, try on smaller sizes. Maybe you have.
3) Veggies - Need I say more..lol. *makes a note to herself*
4) Taking supplements? If not, look into it.
5) Be sure to spread your carb intakes/food through the day. Good way to control you blood sugar and to keep your body stable.
6) Do remember your body is always changing. What worked for you weeks ago, may not work this time.
7) Good way of adding fat, use olive oil. *makes another note to herself*
8) Go back and read about your plan
9) Don't let your carb intake go below 10 grams. Best to keep it 15-20. Going below 10 won't make you lose any faster.

Of course this isn't all, but some do get forgotten.

Last edited by xerces : Tue, Oct-07-03 at 13:31. Reason: Added number 9
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 14:57
Registered Member

Good Afternoon Xerces, Fiona, mdklimesh and Kim hope all is well with all of you. Haven't been able to visit much lately.

Xerces, havent really sat down and figured out how to use fitday yet. But I will for sure. Sorry for a blank page.

Hope to hear from everyone on their success. ( I know there out there) lol

Love Candles