Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 10:22
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

My 11 yo James is really getting into the swing of his plan. He is starting to read labels and knows how to look for net carbs. He won't eat the occassional treat I put in his lunch unless he checks the label at home first. I think he likes the compliments from friends and family. He eats plenty, he's just cautious. He won't cheat as heavily as his brother on his weekends off or dessert after dinner. The 9 yo Zach, he's another story! The goodies are finally eaten and he's going through the "there's nothing good to pick at" blues. Poor baby! I went through 10 pounds of fruit in three days. If he's going to sneak, I guess it's better than candy. BTW-sneaking food is not new behavior-and it's a big reason for his current girth.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 15:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Does anyone know where to get SOY SLENDER? I see that it was mentioned here and would love to try it. Thanks!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins type
Stats: 290/300/190 Male 5' 6.5"
BF:
Progress: -10%

Here is a link to where Soy Slender is sold.

http://www.westsoy.biz/company/wheretoshop.html
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 19:53

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Something else to consider as a lower carb alternative to regular milk is the new Carb Countdown milk by Hood. It has 3 grams of carb per 8 oz. serving and tastes like regular milk. In fact, it IS regular milk with the lactose removed and Splenda added instead. It comes in Regular, 2%, fat free and chocolate. It's a bit more expensive than milk (okay, it costs twice as much), but for kids or teens on low carb I think it would be ideal...all of the calcium and 1/4 of the carbs. It also has protein added as well as vitamins A and D.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 21:40
Registered Member

Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Thanks!

Thank you Canoc and Lisa for the info... I love milk, have switched to Silk, but it too has a lot of carbs. I am definitely going to give these two a try! I was on the Low Carb diet last year - lost about 15 pounds... then went 'nutso' gained it all back and then some... so here I am again determined to get back to my 120!!
Thanks again!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 23:03
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I tried the Carb Countdown, and was a bit disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting, but for $3.99 a carton.....more than I got!
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 09:41
This is my Life...

Stats: 202/188/140 Female 67
BF:?
Progress: 23%

Hi all, fairly new here but just wanted to post how atkins has affected my kids who are: just turned 3yr, 17 mth, 5 mth. They eat what whatever I fix for meals. Occasionally they might have a piece of bread for PB/J sandwich or sweets when we aren't at home or are having company. They are thriving on no potato, rice, pasta, etc. But the one thing I like BEST is the 3 year old doesn't expect or ask continually for candy, dessert, etc!! You can tell now with post holiday transition, that he loved what what was available so now we're working on it again but I know what the results will be and it's worth it! I'm fortunate we started with the assumption that our family all eats the same thing and the 2 oldest eat spinach salad, coleslaw, etc.

Last edited by byrdie16 : Wed, Jan-07-04 at 09:42.