Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:10
Registered Member

Plan: Various
Stats: 196/172/154 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 57%

Wicked thread, Jenny. Where do you go to the gym? I was going to visit the David Lloyd in Solihull once but found a local club instead (I was in Stratford upon Avon for a week)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Can't get Beano?? Wow, that stuff is so inoccuous .. it's just a digestive enzyme like any you can buy off the shelf at a health food store.

I did a quick web search, and simethicone/dimethicone products are available in the UK.

Doreen

Hi Doreen T - thanks for the tips about beano. I just looked at the active ingredient on my tiny smuggled in bottle :-) and it says alpha-galactosidase enzyme (derived from Aspergillus Niger). I did try and find this in the UK ages ago but couldn't find any. Would the enzymes you suggested do the same job? I love my beano - I make sure to stock up when I go to the USA.

Gez
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:13
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyxcali
- they are anus erruptus ones!!!
Better than anus interruptus!

moving right along ....

I always heard that smoking could cause intestinal gas problem because the person might be swallowing air when they inhale. Never heard about quitting smoking being a problem??? However ... are you chewing gum since quitting?? If so, then maybe swallowing air with that??

just a thought

Doreen
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:31
Registered Member

Plan: Protein power, low fat, low carb
Stats: 118/111/100 Female 5'6
BF:13%
Progress: 39%

OMG!!! This is sooo funny! Yeah those sugar free candies do it to me every time.. and my boyfriend sure knows when i've been eating em! He tells me to light a match, then burries his head into a pillow! God the one about the smoke dector nearly had me rolling on the ground with laughter! Keep up the stories!

Jess
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/197/163 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 51%

Oh boy, this thread just had me in fits!! The first couple of weeks on LC I had the same problem, I think it was my body getting used to all these veggies and fats, on days when these are higher than average my 5 yr old son starts calling me 'miss stinky ass' again, but they're nowhere near as bad as those first 2-3 weeks
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 11:42

Stats: 210/160/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
doreen

I limit myself to 1 piece of SF gum but I chew the bastard thing all day! That might be the problem although today I have had no SF treats and no gum and I am still as smelly.

I had a friend over about an hour ago and she had her beast of a dog with her. (this dog is crazy) Well I let out a silent one in the kitchen and the dog was by my feet and I swear that the dog started wimpering and lye down on it's belly! I was laughing so hard because the dog (molly) would not get up and then my friend came in and said 'oh my god what's that smell'? I blamed it on Molly and she took her home straight away!! I am evil; I blame poor innocent dogs for my noxious fumes. Poor dog. At least she does not think her friend is an old rotton arse!

Jenny
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 12:10

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: // Female --
BF:
Progress: 21%

Oh, that's it then, Jenny. Quitting smoking is just hell fartwise. Unlike any other process...

Go to www.quitnet.com and ask about it. You will be surprised at the response. Just about eveyone has posted about it. Some have even written poetry. Everyone goes through it.

It's good, though. It's your body detoxifying and healing. The more you smoked and the longer you did it, the more detoxifying you have to do, too. It passes, so to speak ;-)

Congrats on quitting. I quit about a year ago and I feel so much better in so many ways. It's hard, but even more worth it than I would have guessed.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 12:40

BF:
Rainne

Thanx! I will have a read and see what it says. Also, congrats on quitting smoking

jenny
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 13:01

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: // Female --
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyxcali
Rainne

Also, congrats on quitting smoking

jenny

You, too! It's a huge big deal and we deserve lots of praise.

We rock.

We are goddesses!

#39   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 14:40

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%
Default I can toot with the best of them!

This is a topic that needs to be broached. I used to hold my farts in or run to the bathroom everytime I had to poot. My boyfriend, now husband, once asked me if I had a urinary tract infection. I told him, no, I've got gas. He told me to let her rip and I've been much happier ever since.

Once we were in a diner and two little old ladies were having dinner in the booth next to us. One of them jumped up and the other kept talking. She starting racing for the bathroom shouting "Not now, not now, not now" and passing these tremendous farts as she went. Well, it was all over for us. We rolled on the floor and had to leave before the old lady came back. I knew she'd be embarrassed.

Now I have gas much less often. But green vegetables like kale, collard, and green beans do me in. And it is toxic. But I don't suggest you use Beano. It makes your body process the veggies and you're utilizing the carbs and maybe raising your insulin level when you take it.

Instead, give a verbal warning like I do, and if somebody's still around, they made the choice. The only thing that's really sad is my cat will start scratching the sheets like she's trying to cover up litter.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 18:52

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Talking And They Say Talent is Fleeting

My God, woman! You pulled your own finger! You have gas and I have indigestion! That liquid CLA gives my chest a blow-torch effect after the afternoon dosage. Thank goodness I ordered the caps now. Don't know how long I would have lasted with the old lady, though. I am tickled very easily.

I had to calm down before I could post. This is funny as hell!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 21:42

Plan: protein power-GO diet
Stats: 224/179/166 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

As a lifelong farter, I'd say that a few things increase/reduce farts.
Cabbage increases farts, especially in combination with eggs or chicken. Don't know why or if it's true for anyone else.
Flax seed meal helps a lot. I do it as a hot cereal in the morning, but a few tablespoons sprinkled on anything will not allow food to putrify in the colon.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-03, 22:10

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

LOL - Just rolling here!!!

I have to admit though, I have not been passing gas as badly since starting LC. The only times I really get gassy are if I eat s/f candies, regardless of the sugar alcohols they are made with (and these are DEADLY), or right before I need to make a movement.
On a funny note tho...well, maybe not too funny ...dh got a gastronal virus a couple years back & NOTHING could touch the way his arse smelled - imagine sittingin 100 #'s of elephant dung
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Jul-27-03, 07:29

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Talking What?

Hysteria, while I was reading your post, I broke up (told you I was tickled easily) because I thought I read whenever you ate "CANDLES" you got gas!

This thread has me rollin'!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 10:14

Plan: Atkins modified for my needs
Stats: 155/145/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:

All I can say is ROFL....hope the air clears for you soon.
Hugs
Vic
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-03, 12:58

BF:
Hi Girls!

You are all such a gas! LOL

I think I may have found the 'guilty one' that has been making my life and my bum a freakin sewer! Chocolate! I usually had a square or 2 every day. I didn't even realise I was doing it until I stopped eating it! We will see if I have another fart free day tomorrow. Iv'e got a pretty big meeting tomorrow and I don't need to be squirming in my seat for hours praying that
1. I don't let out a big ripper that totally ruins my career
2. that I don't let out a silent and DEADLY fart. I always giggle when this happens because I know whats in store for those poor innocent bystandards
and finally 3. I really pray that I don't hold it in so long that I shit my pants!!

What would I say -

Oh excuse me but I am on the Atkins diet so you will just have to put up with my stank breathe, those evil farts and the fact that I might shit myself at any time because I ate too much sugar free chocolate last night.

Linda Love: I couldn't stop laughing when I read your post about eating candles, I am still laughing now!

Jenny

Last edited by jennyxcali : Mon, Jul-28-03 at 13:01.