Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 14:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

well unless I can find it easily, Im not going to worry too much. The first time I did the diet I ate regular bacon and lunch meat. So did my husband last year when he lost, but if I come to a complete hault for a long period of time I will re-evaluate. You asked what effect it has...in the Atkins book it says it can slow weight loss down and to only eat Nitrate free bacon and lunch meat and uncured. I am trying to follow the book as much as possible, but there are some things that just may not be readily availabe. Thats why I thought I would ask you all. I guess we will wait and see how the weight loss continues and we can all re-evaluate if needed later. I had an omlet today with bacon for breakfast. It was really good. I think we are going fishing again today. Looking forward to that. According to fitday, it burns some cals too! Hope everyone is doing good today. Tris, hope you get your energy back. You will Im sure! will check in later, Jessi

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CINNER!!!!!! ENJOY YOUR DINNER TOGETHER TONIGHT!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 15:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/185/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 27%

Don't tell the "bookers" (the people who follow the book like a bible) but you can and will still lose weight without using the "nitrate-free" meats, of course it's better for us not to eat the nitrates (perservatives, chemicals that cause the coloring of meats and has been known to cause cancer but what hasn't?) Since my last bout with the 34 grams which I was probably putting in wrong quantitys but anyway I try to avoid the luncheons it seems to cause me more bloating and heartburn and I absolutely love microwaved bacon but I am avoiding other then small bits I put in my salads. I just thought of a "mexican" way of cooking meats that I think I will make to "pick" on actually you can do this with pork roast or beef or even chicken you boil the meat best if made in crock pot then when meat is tender you break up into small pieces and lightly brown and is very delicious cause it's so tender, of course they do this and add a sauce to it but when I cook it I love to eat it plain, it's very delicious and tender and you can basically make little pancakes of meat and pork without the flour. Ok ladies BBL.........
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 15:57

BF:
Default ya, i see what you mean...

Yes, I will still try to find it, but money and actually finding a store are actually the biggest issues. Yes, the shredded meat sounds good. I know you have heard of green chili, have you also heard of red chili? You know the powder form and you add water to make the sauce? Do you know what Im talking about? Well, anyway, if you do, you also add a little garlic to it (the recipe for the sauce is on the package) thats the sauce that would go great over the shredded meat! Also, last night we had the red chili over think pork chops with cheese on top. YUMMY i tell ya! I like exchanging ideas!!!
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 17:05

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%

Oh yeah, Happy Anniversary Cinners!!!

I will look for the nitrate free bacon but unless it is a reasonable price and easy to get I won't bother with it. I use the ready made bacon cause it's so fast and not any more expensive. It's convenient too, since I can just use what I want.

I think if I stalled, I would be more likely to try another food than go to a lot of trouble to find it.

Got the room painted. Barely had enough paint though. I haven't finished all the trim yet. I'll have to wait until the rest is dry to get it. My back is killing me and we haven't had dinner yet.

Have a good night all!

#35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 17:42

BF:

YES jessi I love the red sauce too! I have to go shopping tomorrow and re-stock my meats but I hate to go on sundays ..everybody in this town I think shops on sundays and the stores are so crowded. Oh Jessi I just wanted to say that I think you must truly have a huge heart and tremendous amount of patience because yesterday at my daughter's Baby shower there was a boy with the Attention DD and I tried to understand and be patient but he did cause me to be very nervous and it was difficult for me and I guess I just never realized how hard it is for parents and children with this problem. Cinner!! you still partying girl??? HAPPY ANNIVERSERY !!!! Where's BUBU today haven't seen her.......Clybella are you done painting? I forgot to ask you what does a "cornflower blue" resemble I just can't picture it and I'm looking for a pretty color for my son's room. Not me I have no strength today, I have to go to Dr. sometime this week.......Tom has a bad affect on me makes me aneamic (SP) I have too much and too fast caused by the fibroid tumors and I get to the point of not being able to handle much of anything at this point and I have iron pills I have to take but I haven't been back for a re-fill so I should just stop complaining. I will be one happy lady when I get my six "babies" removed from my uterus and can function normally again. Out of all the women that get them and never have problems I had to be the one that they cause problems for right? just my luck....
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 18:07

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey u all.......

weekend is almost over for you .......are u glad ???? lol

Sounds like you are all tuckered out here...well guess what...so am I ......Whoever let the end of month work fall on a sunday when I have store hrs to cover anyway. This day was the pits and when it was 4 pm I threw it all in my box and said....see ya tomorrow papers.

Needless to say I didn't have time for breakfast or snack then didn't eat lunch til 2 pm.....by then I was starved....only had time there to eat my lettuce and an egg until I got home at 4. I was ready to collapse. Had another egg then and cheese and took the dog walking.
Must have ate that too fast cause that egg is really floating in my stomach.
So for supper only a pork chop.
Can't wait for gym in the morning....will feel so good after 3 days without. Boss is back so he can cover his store again tomorrow.
My co-worker has decided to go on Atkins too....Been asking me all kinds of questions today, even though she had been on it before. But all power to it.
Its cloudy and was raining this am , temps really dipped so the moods are kinda strange today.
Oh yeah...
hubby caved at the wedding....Had 2 sandwiches a spoon of warm tator salad and a small piece of cake......BUT he is right back on today. I would never have guessed it . He really must want it this time.

Well better go to fitday ...see how I am doing by now ...
catch u laters gators.

BRB
BUBU
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 20:37

BF:
Default hi...back from fishing...

well didn't catch any fish today...bummer....Tris, thanks for the compliment. It can be tiring and trying working with kids with ADHD. A lot of people think it isn't a real disorder, but it very much is. SOmetimes its over-diagnosed, but it is definately real. I just love helping kids that otherwise have a hard time-the underdogs so to speak.
Well we have company over right now, my inlaws. They are cooking out with us. Brought a bag of cool ranch Doritos. Normally I would pig out on those! Not today! NO wayyyyyyyyyy!

Bubu, glad you survived the workday. And you didn't hardly even eat today from what it sounds. YOu better eat girly!!!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 23:18

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hello everyone!!!
Thanks for all of the Happy Anniversary's!!!
tomorrow will be day one!!!
Glad to hear everyone had a great weekend
Bye for now, I have to feed Ethan. Ah the joys of the newborn....1 am
4am
7am
the feedings never end!!!!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 00:10

BF:
Default night night

One last check before I call it a night. Glad to see everyone had a nice day. I had a pretty decent carb day. Summer is easier too because you can cook out all kinds of good meat! Well, off to bed. night night. Jessi
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 05:50

BF:
Default Mornin'

Ok I'm up early as usual had to get hubby off to work. I'm here pondering all my day's work here in the house too. My son is out of school since friday he started his summer vacation, did I ever tell ya'll he is "gifted" and sometimes it can be a task for me too because gifted children get bored very easily and you have to constantly find ways to keep their minds busy. I've already heard at least 50 times how bored he is since friday. He is definetly going to the library today!! Now Cinner, here's the deal do not think about food today lol....I know my first week I was having panic attacks or something and constantly thinking about food. Think about your old habits and think about what you will do to change them....I had the habit of snacking in front of tv now I just do other things instead of like cleaning and painting and tasks I put off before. BuBu does a tremendous amount of exercizes which is good, I just have no strength yet, although I was getting alot of energy I didn't have before until my "friend" tom came to visit now I live in migraine hell. My description of first week of induction was "panic hell" but 2nd week was "glory week" cravings were gone and the renewed energy was just like a natural high and I didn't even realize I had it til it was gone and I can't wait to get it back. First week I did alot of checking out this site they have wonderful "before and after" pics which inspired me also. One thing to remember until you get those "sugar carbs" out of your system the cravings will be there but when their gone you can resist anything. My hubby sent me to get him donuts yesterday didn't even phase me before I probably would have eaten 3 of em before I even gotten home. Hubby and son had pizza last night it didn't bother me, it tempted me but I cooked some beef and filled my hunger needs and I was fine. Good luck now and I will be around if you need me......
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 09:56

BF:
Default morning

Hi girls.
Not much going on here today. Catch up on a few things around the house. I have to go out of town for a week next week, so I figure I will enjoy slowly catching up on things before then. Im sort of not looking forward to going. Im doing so well on this here at home, but when Im out with a bunch of other people its harder. I know I can do it, I just don't like to. lol
Have a good day all.....
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:26

BF:
Default just FYI

In case any of you are interested Dr. Phil's topic today is keeping your emotions out of what you eat. Controlling emotions related to eating. Im not much for daytime TV but some are interesting.
Jessi
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:28

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Tristesas,

Thanks for the advice and the support, I will be taking you up on your offer for adive and support often!!! The morning has gone well, but I am anxious to see what the evening will throw my way... that has always been my downfall... Also I am having a hard time eating alot, so far today I have eaten
2 pc of marble cheese
1 skinless boneless chicken breast fillet
4 large glasses of water

Do you have to eat more than that?

JessiTru,
Don't sweat it, you will do fine..
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:50

BF:

Oh yes you most certainly do Cinner!! You need to eat at least the 20 carbs because somehow it works that way. I always found when I ate too little I didn't have any loss and when I ate the 20 carbs and was stuffed to no limit I lost the weight! I used to think well I'll just eat less and lose faster...wrong!! Another importance is the veggies because as much as I hate em I eat em but actually BUBU saved me on that and she doesn't even know it I make a salad and I put s spoonful of mayonaise and a little hot sauce and I love it and before I could barely stand it before.
So get eating girlfriend!!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 13:12

BF:

Jessi I forgot to mention where in the heck does this Dr. Phil come on I have dish network and can't find a thing?? Also on your trip jessi you will do fine but surrounded by "just in cases" cause I was lucky enough to have pork rinds with me the day I went to orlando or I would have been poop out of luck with absolutely nothing eaten from early am til 7 pm. I just couldn't go out and buy something and leave my daughter and her friends and besides Orlando is so big I get nervous everytime I go there , I know how to get to my daughters house and mickey land and that's about as far as I go around there. I would be eaten alive if I traveled around town because they all drive like maniacs lol. Plus my little ole mustang would not do the trick it goes when its ready not when I am.