Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#421   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 03:27

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

Tina,
I know the feeling really well. I am so close to the 200 mark it is scary and hoping to break it this week. Or at least pray I do. The scale has been really good to me this month and I am hoping to make friends with it. <s>

I am off to my daughters for a few days and will really have to watch what I eat down there or I will be right back where I was before Christmas.
hugz
Nancy
Sponsored Links
  #422   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 04:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Tina: I know exactly how you feel. i have been having so much trouble. The problem is that mine only lasts a day or two but oh the damamge I can do in that length of time. I was on track for 3 weeks, did real good and then was off for about 2 days and undid all my hard work. hang in there, this will work for us if we let it. There is proof that it does all over the boards.

DH started inon me last night about eating carbs. I told him I couldnt explain it all that the book was here if he wanted to read it. He then said that book was a bunch of junk. I didnt want to argue over it so kept quiet. He said I can see that it does work, I just dont know how. At least he finally said somethign else as far as my weight loss. He doesnt complain about the foods I eat, he actually eats more low carb than he thinks, he just doestn know it.

Annie: you better find a way backhome, its almost time to post the new month.
  #423   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 08:46

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi friends, this is a test to see if I can reply.

I miss you all! Sorry I haven't read the posts, just checking to see if this works.

Is anyone up for a February 4# a month challenge..."A Sweetheart of a group--4# February loss" or something? Or did we already start it?

Hugs, Annie-Pie
  #424   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:08

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hooray, Auntie Em! I found my way back home!

Hi everyone--boy did I miss you all.

I am so thankful for the support everyone is giving. I know personally it has helped me so much.

I love how we are sharing our struggles. I also appreciate how we're not getting down on people for our weak areas but holding each other up instead.

Sheila I am so glad you got your dizziness taken care of. It must've gotten your attention, Sheila! I was so dizzy yesterday, I had just enough time to tell my 11 yr old daughter, in case I passed out. I had to grab the kitchen counter. If it continues I'll see doc. It can be many things.
Wow we have new members. What a bunch of sunshine you are and your website is adorable! You better follow us into February because we need you.

Tina please don't get discouraged. You are always so supportive of everyone. Keep with it girlfriend. Those numbers are gonna lose and you are gonna win.

I will post the new challenge tomorrow. How about if we all finish the month with one final posting of "Stayed", "Lost (how many #'s)", or "Kept with it!"
Okee dokee?

Hugs to all,
Annie-Pie

Last edited by Annie-Pie : Fri, Jan-30-04 at 09:09.
  #425   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:55

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

Annieeeeeeeeeee-Pie,
Sure glad your back with us. We have so missed you lady.
I am so excited this morning and want to share. Sitting here with tears in my eyes but they are tears of joy. I am so close to the 200 mark. Scale says 200.5 this morning and it was still shaking between the 200 and 200.5. It is getting so close now and i has been at least 3 years since I have seen 200 or below. I keep them size 20 chic's folded on my dresser and I try them once a week now and the button is getting closer together.

Anthony comes home today and Chicago is already better then a half hour delayed cause of the weather. So hoping he gets out today from Orlando To MDW, then MDW to LAX. Will be tracking his flight today to see what time it will arrive at LAX. Plus he is flying standby so we know how that can go don't we. <snicker>

Everyone had done so awesome this month. I am sure ready for the next challenge. It makes me push myself a little harder and then I get really proud of myself and my progress. As well as everyone else on in the challenges progress. Keep up the good work ladies we will prevail. We all have a little person in side us screaming to get out and we do hear that voice!!!

hugz
Nancy
  #426   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%

Welcome Back Annie!!! So happy you are back!!

We were waiting for you to start the new challenge!!
  #427   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 11:18
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%

ZULEKA!!! I miss you being around Please start a journal so we can keep in touch better...

ANNIE - So Glad you're back!

Last edited by TerryLynne : Fri, Jan-30-04 at 11:20.
  #428   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:01

BF:

Nat: I so know how you feel and am so happy for you.

Annie: Glad your puter is fixed or whatever the problem was. We cant start a thread without you.

Terry: Is that the new you? You dont look old enough to have a teenage son.

Has anyone heard of the new low carb drinks Slim Fast has out. I havnet seen them yet but did see them in the sale paper.
  #429   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:09
~ReFINDing Terry~

BF:
Talking

Sheila - Thanks for the compliment, another reason I love this place (the pic is from Christmas morning) but actually I have four teens, sons (19,18,16) and daughter 12 (that counts as a teen in my book ) I finally put some pics in my gallery if you're interested in seeing my family.
  #430   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:15

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

WoooHoooo three cheers for Annie being back. Also WooHoo for everyone staying and supporting each other this month. Zuleka, Terry's right about the journal. If I can do it anyone can. Nat that is really great news. Hope everyone sticks around for Februarys challenge. Count me in. I would be so happy to lose 2 pound just to get into the 230's. I've been in the 240's since the end of August. Hugs, Maureen
  #431   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:18
Registered Member

Stats: 220/218/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Terry,
I like your family photos, you all seem close. I'm wondering how to start a journal....can anyone help me out with that?
  #432   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:40
~ReFINDing Terry~

BF:
Talking

Remsgirl go to http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=117 and I think you'll be able to figure it out by reading the Announcement at the top of the thread... Good Luck!
  #433   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 13:47

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

stacysheil,
I saw the slim fast shakes in walmart and K-mart the other day, they also have bars too. I was going to try them but they weren't on sale and I don't need that kind of snack at this time, so I will have to try them some other day. Would you let us know how they are if you do try them?
  #434   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 14:01
Registered Member

Stats: 220/218/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Thanks terry!!!
I think I'm going to like this journal thing!
  #435   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 14:17

BF:

The slim fast shakes are so tempting to me because I lost so much on slim fast before starting this woe (35lbs.) I think I will stay away from them too for awhile unless someone gets on here and tells me they taste just like the other ones. They are costly and my little boy loves them so I have to buy enough for us both if I buy them. I think the new ones said 4 carbs but Im not sure.