Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 19:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004
Progress: 46%

Maureen, I'm sure you handled the comment well, but I'm sending you a hug since your best friend moved and can't give you one. It has been a bit of a rough week for you!

Zuleka, thanks for the " I hate girl scout cookies" line. I AGREE! I walked in to the break room today and they were everywhere. The work break room is diet sabotage. I will admit I myself have ditched carb-laden items in there that I don't want tempting me at home, but lately my coworkers are trying to torture me. Krispy Kremes, Thin Mints - what will be next?

How do I handle it? I look right at the food item and say "you are poison to me!" ....doesn't always work...occasionally cracks up a coworker...but I have to try something! (I should avoid the room altogether but that is where the water bottle is located!)

Teresa
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 21:09

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:

Kind of funnyyour talking about girl scout cookies. We have 30 below windchills and had some poor lady trying to deliver them to our house. We didn't order them! We live out in the sticks and the poor woman and child were lost trying to find a house out this way.

I'm having a boredom streak. Last week I turned my naturally light hair brunett and today a firey red. AAAAAHHHHh the winter doldrums need to be driven away.
I've exercised every day this week again. This morning I was grumbling at the tv while doing the program though!!!
I feel really good and positive about this health and weight loss. My blood sugar is going down again.
Teresa, I totally understand about the breakroom being a carb buffett!
Stacey, glad it something simple makng you dizzy. I got worried when you said it was constant. A friend had similar symptoms and it was a problem with blood getting into part of her heart.

I can't remember who posted about a child calling them fat. My son(7 at time) made a wish that I could get super duper skinny so I could eat all the candy I wanted ever!!!!!!!!!! Bless his heart. I had to explain diabetes and why no one should live on candy.
  #363   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 21:39

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sheila, so glad you found the source of the dizzyness. I'm not upset with the little boys comment he was just speaking the truth. Gave me more incentive to try harder. Teresa, you are making some wonderful choices. Congrats. Michelle, you are doing an awesome job exercising. That is so funny what you're doing with your hair.

Found out today that my 7 yr old sweet son has a huge amount of fluid in one ear. He has to have tubes put in again in Feb. Didn't even realize it. Dr. said there should be not hearing damage. He also said the way he is hearing in the left ear now is worthy of having a hearing aid. We are so grateful the tubes will take care of it. It's amazing with all his natural learning challenges that this has not slowed him down. Only the last week has he been saying "what" alot. Today I did my 2 mile WAP tape and drank 64 oz water. First time I exercised all week. It's amazing how a 4 yr olds comment can motivate me. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. Hugs to all, Maureen
  #364   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 21:52

Stats: 197/180/135 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 27%

ah, the staff kitchen.... home of all the evil temptations *sigh*

this week someone brought in cookies, and of course, my station is right across, within constant eyesight of the evil cookies. I say no. no. NO! they stare back at me while I'm sitting at my desk, mocking me. Just one. c'mon, just one.

needless to say, I had one. and still they called me back. I brought the second cookie to my lips, cursing myself the whole time, telling myself I don't want it, don't need it, don't do this to yourself. I bite into the cookie. and luckily, it just wasn't that good, and I threw the rest into the garbage.

same thing happened with the birthday cheesecake that sat in the fridge for 4 days - and I had to cut myself 'a little taste', twice.

I'm starting to think of making myself a batch of cookies or finding a freezer cheesecake to keep in the fridge or freezer for 'emergy' times like this. Not sure when I'll do this - I'm not a big cook - but hey, I'm *thinking* about it LOL

anyone here fight the battle of the evil calling sweets and *win*? what's your secret? or will it just come with time and practise.... one can only hope.
  #365   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 22:36

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

Too funny on the Girl Scout Cookies, Would you believe I still have Girl Scout Cookie in my freezer from last year. Brought out a box when my oldest daughter was here and she said she wanted my homemade peanut butter cookies that they are her favorite now.

Atkins hasn't cured me of going off track at all, when banana's last night and got myself all worked up and was standing in the kitchen with my jar of peanut butter, 1/2 apple and pork rinds. It didn't stop there cause I went on to 2 tablespoons of melted cheese and Trader Joes twist. Tried to keep my benge to low carb but even low carb can be over done. Sure haven't been hungry today. Bowing head in guilt!!

Hug
Nancy
  #366   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 22:37

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Appropriate theme... we had a birthday at work today too with a great big birthday cake from a really good bakery. I had a sliver which totaled 2 bites, but boy I wanted more and there was one piece left calling to me, I yelled down the hall for someone to come and eat the last piece and thank God someone said "yah that sounds good". I was saved from the evil cake. But I am really feeling tempted for the first time I am PMS'ing but usually for chocolate. Right now all of a sudden it's like I want a great big soft and fresh cinamaon roll. Don't know whats wrong with me. I am having a headache and am real bitchy but this is the first time I have craved bread products since I started this woe. I keep saying I don't miss the bread. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I will not sucumb.
  #367   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 22:42

Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

heh Nancy, just noticed that your stats and mine are simaler, and we started at the same time too. We are both close to onerland and I am feeling the binge monkey too. We must remain calm and hopefully he will move to another jungle... maybe to low fat lovers land LOL.
  #368   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 23:42
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Girl Scout cookies are bad enough, but my school is selling SEE'S CANDY as a PTA fundraiser! November it was cookie dough (including Mrs. Field's); now it's See's for Valentine's day...AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

The sad thing is, if I don't buy my DH some Samoa's, he'll get himself some. And this is a man who doesn't like coconut at all--except in Samoa's!

So I'll stick them up on top of the fridge, and try to forget about them.

Jude
  #369   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 06:53

Stats: 240/194/140 Female 5'6
BF:Lose 50 in 2004

Nancy, I can really relate! I've been known to do the "low carb" binge myself. Sadly, too much peanut butter adds up to too many carbs quickly & and an entire bag of pork rinds, is indeed, a scary thing! ....and I won't even discuss my love affair with pepperoni!

Have a good day everyone. Let's be strong - it is Friday, and we want good starts heading into the always challenging weekend!

Teresa
  #370   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 09:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

About all the sweets, I just tell myself that when I am at goal I can have them again in moderation of course. If I eat them now I will have to wait longer to get to goal therefore I will have to wait longer until I can have what I want. It is working for me except on Christmas and other special times.
Kids are bitterly truthful and sometimes that is not so good. My friend has her 6 year old grandson living with her. Her EX-boss came by for a visit and Logan answered the door. He yelled up the stairs to his Nan--" hey Nan their is an old lady here for you" That is what he saw. Kids you just have to love them.
angie
  #371   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 14:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi all,
I dont know whats going on with me. The only thing I have done different this week is eating later which couldnt be helped and I am up to 178.5 today. Today makes me 3 weeks without cheating. I have cut way donw on my p/b but did have some this morning. I got tired of looking at the choc. cake on my stove and I had to have a snack. We will see what Monday brings. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  #372   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 16:51

Quote:
[and I won't even discuss my love affair with pepperoni!]

Ty Teresa
AT least the peanut butter was all natural with no salt added 2 carbs per serving. But if I had had pepperoni on hand I would of been making pepperni chips out of them and dipping in salas or cheese. Sure glad I was out of both.

Yesterday was a better day but the scale was up from my bad habits. Then yesterday I didn't eat enough and that is just as bad. So today I started off on the right foot and made me a omelette. Today is a new day and the weekend is here and I am off to the gym to do the treadmill pretty soon. I did buy a jump rope yesterday and it was funny to see me even try to jump rope. My DD could do it about 20 times. I did get up to a count of 8 and was pleased with myself big time. Might try to do a skip and jump along my patio later today and see what happens. Being a kid again at almost 60.
hugz
Nancy
  #373   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 16:56

Hi huggs2ewe
Yes I noticed that we are about the same except you are about to break the 200 mark. I am jealous g/f . WTG and hurry and get there and I will follow.
Never hear the term binge monkey, but think I like it and will work to make it move on to somebody lower in fat then myself.

We all are really doing so well, and shoud be proud of ourselves even if we do have a set back now and then.
hugz
Nancy
  #374   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 22:52

Stats: 197/180/135 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 27%

oh, I was so disappointed this morning. The last few days I've been losing 1/2 to 1 lb. a day. Yesterday, the scale said 180.5! So I was waiting for this morning to lose that extra 1/2 lb. and be officially at 180. Of course, this morning I was at 182 *sigh*

didn't get to the gym yesterday (by choice - wanted a rest day) or today (not by choice). so I'm not feeling too optimistic about weigh in tomorrow.

ah well, it was a good run of losses, I'm sure it will start coming off again soon enough. Monday's number is what counts, right?

have a great weekend everyone.

Nikki
  #375   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 09:42

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:

Nikki, your doing great!!!!! Chin up! It is so frustrating when you try so hard and it stops for a while~!

I'm officially out of the 160's today. I hit 159. I was ready to have a party! I'm going out tonight but will stick to lc beer.