Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:24

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 163/142/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I'm still here and going strong (for the second day, hehe). I totally strayed this weekend but I'm back!
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:40
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peglyn
.. It's just got to be the fruit. I kept everything up today, as usual. Now I'm so uncomfortable. It must have been a gradual build-up of candida that finally brought symptoms back.

hi peglyn,

Sorry you had such a bad experience .. yes, during a previous stint with FFP I found I had to cut back the fruit and when I did have it, was in the morning only. Having it later in the day made me wild with cravings plus triggered late-afternoon hypoglycemia symptoms.

Best of luck with KISSing

Doreen
  #333   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: Gold Standard
Stats: 184/127/134 Female 65.5
BF:38/21/20
Progress: 114%

I'll do KISS until the end of February, and then maybe can dare add in a fruit occasionally. We'll see. I was just so much enjoying it, since I hadn't had any fruit at all since September!
  #334   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 09:57
Forum Founder

BF:

I'm still plugging along, now at Day 25 of FFP. I've been incorporating a few foods back into my menus which are restricted in the book ... fresh lean pork (but not ham or anything processed), different herbs and spices and a little more fat including measured amounts of olive oil and butter. This is going well.

When my 4 week commitment is up (Jan 31st), I don't think I'll change my eating drastically .. just continue to gradually re-introduce currently restricted foods. But I'm determined to stay off cheese, cream and wine for quite a while longer. Might try some goat cheese next week though .. we'll see.

Doreen
  #335   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 12:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

It's so easy to get discouraged when you see no progress. I haven't been able to lose weight in about 5 years. I seriously thought that these toxins may be the reason, expecially since I lost 9 lbs in the first week. This is now the end of week 3 and I am still at that total 9 lb loss.

I can say that the diet is not difficult (even though I strayed this past weekend). I shocked myself today as I was walking through a parking lot at the mall and saw a candy paper lying on the ground. Instead of thinking "Wow, I'd like one of those", I thought that person doesn't realize how bad that is for them. Am I nuts?

Anyway, I thought I'd post my menu. This has been steady for about a week now and I still haven't lost. As you can see, I do "cheat" a little, but I can't see that it should hurt much.

Upon arising: Cran water w/ SF orange flavored metamucil (My homemade cranberry juice has lemon juice and spices in it)
About 15 min later: Hot lemon water
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in a pat of real butter
Lunch: 1 cup of spring mix greens with diced venison roast and blue cheese dressing
4:00 pm: baked diced apple with 5 tsp ground flax seeds and maybe a splash of English toffee DaVinci syrup (tastes just like apple crisp--yummy)
Dinner: Meat and green veggie or salad

I do drink the cran water 20 min. before meals and at bedtime I also have it but add the metamucil again.

Do you think that the "extras" I am having could be stopping my weight loss or am I just an extremely slow loser?

Carol
  #336   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 13:00

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%

I'm getting back to KISS today. The past few weeks have been insane, and I haven't been able to stay with it. I've even had trouble staying regular low carb.
I majorly detoured form low carb this past weekend. I got right back to low carbing as soon as I got home though. But instead of jumping right back into KISS or somethign severly restricted, I did 3 CAD days to reduce carbs slowly instead of dropping back low carb suddenly. Cause I can't take the carb withdrawl headaches along with the migranes I have been having. The only bad this about that is I foods that don't agree with my body, and I have a whole bunch of sores in my mouth cause of the wheat I ate. OUCH! It bugs me to brush my teeth.
But today I am back to KISSing it. And hopefullythese stupid sores and the cravings will be gone soon.
~CindyLynn~
  #337   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 13:48

BF:

Day 3 of KISSING. Wondering if soy milk or any soy products (tofu etc) is ok? Not yet of course, but eventually. I plan on KISSING until February 13th. I WILL be cheating on the weekend of the 6th-7th due to restricted choices :-)

Thank you!

Last edited by Si Belle : Thu, Jan-29-04 at 13:52.
  #338   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 14:17
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm slinking back in here, my tail between my legs.

I've had a few days of being unwell, and somehow managed to make that my excuse for not only going off KISS, but for some pretty outrageous overeating. Too many nuts, way too much cheese etc etc.

Now I know the only way for me to lose consistently is to KISS. So I hereby declare I shall KISS and only KISS for at least until the end of February!

Roz
  #339   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 06:46

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Talking haven't been here for a few days

well good news to report. i claimed the 168# and inches are down...1 in waist; 1 in obliques, .5 inch under bust and .5 inch in the upper arm.

i just got my decaf coffee by mail order. i am enjoying that this morning. i've added a few pistachios the last couple days and over the weekend i will add in lc hot chocolate and some atkins ice cream. i am going to make some wings today too and use atkins bbq sauce. i will still stay away from cheese and cream and such.

the toughest days are coming. sunday i have to be on a low fiber diet. so i guess i just eat meat. anyone else have any idea what else i can eat? monday nothing but clear liquids and tuesday nothing but water until the colonoscopy is over. and i suspect just liquids again on tuesday or so they say. i will be glad to be done with this and i will be happy if they diagnose ibs and i can get on some zelnorm and be done with the abdominal bloat, gurgling and intestinal backup

wishing you all well and great success in getting through the weekend.
~catherine
  #340   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:23

BF:

Rosebud,
No worries! Today is a brand new day! How are you feeling?

Have a good morning!
  #341   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:16
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anais57
..the toughest days are coming. sunday i have to be on a low fiber diet. so i guess i just eat meat. anyone else have any idea what else i can eat? monday nothing but clear liquids and tuesday nothing but water until the colon

hi Catherine,

What about whey protein isolate powder?? .. you can make a shake with water and add some flax oil or other nutritional oil. I know whey protein isn't exactly KISS-allowed, but this is a special circumstance. In my experience whey protein doesn't cause the same stall or digestion problems that cheese does because all of the lactose and casein protein has been ultrafilitered out. In Protein Power Lifeplan, the Drs Eades recommend whey protein for healing a leaky gut, and in Fat Flush Plan, Gittleman recommends it as a superior source of protein that's rich in sulphur-bearing amino acids which are supportive for the liver.

There's quite a variety on the shelves, just look for one that's sweetened with stevia or sucralose (splenda) rather than aspartame. Most of the better quality protein powders give 20 - 25g protein per serving with only 2 or 3g carbs. They're very low fat though, so you'd want to add some fat to it.

Good luck with the test, hope all goes well for you

Doreen
  #342   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 15:59
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks, Si Belle.

I can't believe I wrote I was going to keep KISSing until the end of February here yesterday, while today I have just finished writing in my journal that I am going to begin adding back things like cheese. One of me is losing her grip - I think it's me!

Okay, here's the drill: I will keep KISSing, but it will be tweaked a little by adding various bits and pieces such as bacon, cheese, whey protein now and then etc, to see what happens. The weight loss stops - the food gets tossed. At least until I've lost a "shipload" more weight.

I'll just follow ordinary kiss for the next few days, then add some cheddar over a couple of days. Slowly and carefully.

Catherine, I'd go for some whey protein too. I guess things may be different where you are, but I was able to eat normally once the colonoscopy was completed. The only bad part was the prep - and that was bad because I have diverticular disease. My diverticuli objected strongly to the prep!
All the best with it. Let's hope they can figure out a diagnosis for you.

Cheers, all.

Roz
  #343   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 18:32

Plan: starting over.. again
Stats: 194/173/150 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Talking thanks doreen

i think i will try the whey protein... i checked online and do see it doesn't have fiber. so i will head to the coop tomorrow. my day got away from me. i have been uncomfortable the last couple days. so i am looking forward to tuesday and finding out what is living inside my belly
~catherine
  #344   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: Gold Standard
Stats: 184/127/134 Female 65.5
BF:38/21/20
Progress: 114%

Catherine,

I do hope you get over feeling so uncomfortable and that the test results on Tuesday are helpful for you.
  #345   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 08:06
Forum Founder

BF:

I've officially completed my 4 week January Fat Flush commitment as of yesterday. Pleased to say I was successful to lose 11.5 lbs and 12 inches Details are in my journal.

I think I'll continue on eating this way, although I'm definitely easing up some of the food restrictions .. today I'm planning to indulge in an avocado But, what really helped me most to get "unstuck" .. was to eliminate cheese and cream, wine and salty processed meats and condiments. I may try adding those things back cautiously at a later date, but for the next while I'll stick to basics à la Protein Power Lifeplan.

I hope everyone has continued success with their challenges!

Doreen