Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-04, 21:57

Plan: south beach diet, IR
Stats: 252/230/160 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Is anyone on the IR Diet? From what I can see most of you are on Atkins. Does anyone know if SF Angel Food cake is ok to eat?
BTW, I saw Menopause the Musical tonight at our local theatre and ladies, if it comes to your town, don't miss it...dragged poor hubby along, but he enjoyed it. Mostly women in the audience with a few scattered men...lol. Anyway, it was hysterical and put me in a great mood....
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 00:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 308/260/175 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hey Musicmama glad to hear that you're drinking that wonderful water UGH!. Just passing through and thought I'd shout HIIIII!

C. U. LIGHTER LATER!
grammiedee
  #303   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 11:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 325.4/228/175 Female 5'7
BF:mostly!
Progress: 65%

Yeah, im drinking the water and trying to exercise everyday now instead of every other. Last night at 9 PM DH and I took a two mile walk. We live in town, so we walked up around the square and around..By the time I got home, I was sweatin and huffin. I am sore this morning, but gonna go walking with my daughter tonight after we go to the library. Gettin fit!!!!!
Have a great day,,,see ya later!
  #304   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 22:23

BF:

Good luck on the walking! My daughter and I pooled some loot and bought a treadmill; it's so darn hot at her place in Alabama that walking is almost out of the question. Have told myself NO nighttime computer unless I walk first.
Tonights excuse - lousy sore throat - am catching my granddaughters virus. Would have put in a sad smilie there but for some reason they're not coming up tonight. Have joined the water challenge - hope to increase my water intake up from 67oz. - wish me luck.
  #305   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 18:14

Been gone a couple of days. My best freinds husband had a hole in his heart repaired, so I have been at the hospitl with her. We went to the cafeteria and there was nothing there, so I ate a piece of pizza. Then that evening they had chicken strips, so I did the best I could. I got plenty of walking in thts for sure, and only 2 hours sleep in 36!! Made up for it last night though.
Hubby has lost 9 poinds so far, is really being strict about it too, that surprises me. He is feeling better he said, I have him taking the supplements too. I started on Oil of Oregano, gonna see if that makes a difference, Been reading some threads on it,
Well, gotta go get ready for church. Check in later.
  #306   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 19:40

BF:

Glad to see you back - Have missed you. Hope everything goes well for your friend's husband. Sounds like your hubby iss reeally doing wish I could get mine to try, but I guess it is hard with him at home and me here so much. Oh well I guess we all have to do our own. See you later and take care. :
  #307   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 22:06

I am really pumped today!! First of all, best friends hubby called me and sounded like himself for the first time in months!! That was exciting!! They patched a hole in his heart that he had had since birth, however they never knew it. he looks and feels like a new man, coming home Monday! Hooray!!
Then. today I put on a skirt that was too tight last week,,,and it was way loose today!!
Last night a friend at church told me I looked skinnier,,and today my daughter told me the weight loss is really showing. I am pumped for sure!!!
Taking Oil of Oregano too. anyone here have any experience with that??
Well, I cant wait to weigh Monday morning,,,,,
How are ya all doing???
  #308   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-04, 22:04

Where is everyone???
Well, I decided to not weigh for awhile,,,,just go by inches instead. I had a thrill this evening,,I got ready for church and thought,,I am just gonna try on that size 22 black straight skirt to see how mauch farther I have to go. Well, I WORE IT TO CHURCH!!!!WOOHOO!! I was a 26 when I started about 6 weeks ago! All that exercise must be helping.
Anybody still out there?
  #309   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 12:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi ladies, I'm back. I haven't been able to post in over a week because my Mother-in-law passed away and we had to go home to Indiana and take care of things for Dad. She passed away on the 23rd and we didn't get home until the 1st. She must have know she was going to die because she left notes all over the house of us and she had all of the papers in order for the boy's. There was alot of work to do on the farm and the house to get things in order for Dad so we all got plenty of exercise. Two days before Mom passed away my daughter-in-law and my two grandaughters were in a car accident. Thank goodness their all OK. The girl's were pretty bruised up and my daughter had a bad case of whip lash but they are all find now. A woman in an SUV pulled out in fornt of the girl's and my daughter T-boned her. The policeman told my son it was a miracle that the girl's made it since they were in a small Neon. The woman's insurance paid for everything including the medical bills and new car seats for the kids. My husband and daughter are out buying a new care right now. Needless to say I haven't been good about what I put in my mouth since the 23rd so starting tomorrow I start Induction all over again. Musicmama how are you doing with new recipes for the hubby ? I have several really good ones that I just tried . If you have a special recipe you are looking forward let me know and I'll do my best to help. Glad to hear about your hubby's best friend. I hope he continues to do better. Better run for now and try to get some work done. Keep in touch.
  #310   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 12:54

Hey Arizona!! Glad you are back, I missed you!!
As for the hubby, he is eating a lot of steaks on the grill and salads...losing an feeling better. i have lost two dress sizes, and 16 pounds so far. so I am not complaining!
I got a bunch of recipes off the site, some I havent tried yet. Looking for good stuff for Thanksgiving though. Got any suggestions?
Well, gotta go do my dishes from Sunday dinner,,had a roast and salad. We are cooking out tomorrow with the kids, but I am determined to be good! Catch ya later!
Hey, sorry to hear about your mother in law,,,but glad the girls are all okay! Ihad a wreck last October, that whip lash is no fun!! A lady was talking on her cell phone and rammed into me, I was stopped at a light. Totaled my pick up and putme in the emergency room. Not a fun moment.
I will look forward to hearing from ya,now that y ou are back in the swing of things!! Cya lighter!
  #311   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 18:51

BF:
Smile

WOW!

Size 26 to a 22 you deserve a cheer or two Congrats and keep up the good work. Sorry I haven't been around for a few days - keep losing where I am and losing track of time when I know where I am.

Hope you've had a good weekend and a great Monday. Keep LCing.

Deneen
  #312   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 21:33

Thanks for the cheers!!!
I have been kinda stressed today,,son in law had what appears to be a heart attack this afternoon. He was working int he yard, complained of chest pain and fell backwards unconscious. Ambulance took him to the hospital, doing a heart scan in the morning.He is only 35,,,so we are really worried. Any other time and I would be stress eating like crazy,,,but determined to stay on plan through this, Eating a candy bar wont help him any!!
Still losing inches, glad for that,even though Ihavent had much time to exercise this week yet. I will try and get some walking in tomorrow, maybe at the hosptial. It is in the 90's outside this week, too hot to walk there.
We are all excited, our city park is putting in a new walking trail!! It is a long one, and a lot prettier than walking the track, cant wait for it to be finished.
Well, catch ya later,,,,,,,,
  #313   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 06:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Sorry to hear about your son-in-law ! Hope everything is Ok. He sure is young to be having that kind of trouble. Has he had heart trouble in the past? Did you see where President Clinton had heart surgery. He was on the South Beach Diet so naturally my daughter started in on how Atkins was bad for you. I swear I wish people would read and know the facts about Atkins. Yesterday was my first day of Inductuon. I made it threw the whole day and I feel much better today. I'm still really tierd but I think it's just from all of the stress of the last couple of weeks. I'm determined to go the whole ditance this time. Wish me luck . Keep me posted on your son-in-law. I'll keep him in my prayers. My the way my first name is Brenda but my friends call me B.
  #314   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 17:15

BF:

Praying for your SIL hope all is well.

God bless you and yours.

Deneen
  #315   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 17:24
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Hi everyone: I think I posted in here ages ago, but I'm not sure. Just thought I would check back in as my 61 birthday is next month and I wanted to let you folks know that it is indeed possible to lose weight lc-ing at our age. It has taken me a long time but I'm close to my goal weight and feeling very good about myself. I've been taken off Lipitor and my blood pressure medication ......which was my main motivation for losing weight in the first place.....so all is going well.

Hang in there,

Kay