Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 21:20

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default hi

Im suppose to be 5ft 8 inches....Im 46 and a half
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 21:24

BF:
Default elvewuie

What really sux is that I kept it off 20 years with Weight Watchers...until I got a bit of a thyroid problem....
  #288   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 05:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/172/163 Female 69.5
BF:28.5%/25.3%/23%
Progress: 74%

To those who were losing very, very slowly, a question: are you getting any exercise. If you are, maybe kick it up a notch. If you're not exercising, maybe start walking.

I never did induction, it much of a pain to cook 2 dinners every .
Anyway, at the beginning I lost very little. My jumpstar was to get on the treadmill, at least 10-15 minutes everyday. I got it up to 40 minutes 2-3 times a week. And the lbs starting slipping away.

Good luck
  #289   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 08:58

Stats: 163/146/140 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:

Lady Di

Can I came over and weep on your shoulder, I am a turtle like you, and dont want to hear this "but you havnt that much to loose thing". I'm working out 5 days week, sticking close or even under th 20carbs, and have actually put two pound on this week... whats that all about??
  #290   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 09:03

Chris Rob,

I often find that I often lose 2 lbs., then regain it for a day or two, and then re-lose it. It's been happening the whole time I've been on Atkins (March 3, 2003). Then, a week or two later, I lose another 2 lbs., and on and on. Weird, but it consistnetly does keep going down over the long haul.
Must be a metabloism thing. But I tell ya, the first time it happened I FREAAKKKEEED!!

Last edited by mariejoe : Fri, Aug-01-03 at 09:05.
  #291   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 09:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/182/152 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I do an hour of bicycle riding a day--the real bike. It's a non flat area so there is some coasting and some climbing--a well-rounded circuit that keeps my heart rate up, I use muscle, I have fun. I take one day off a week. So in my case exercise is not the thing. I am still stalled but will give this fish and chicken (fewer calories) thing a few days. If that doesn't work then I'll try one of those stall breakers mentioned. Probably the meat only one.
  #292   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 09:52

BF:

What most amazes me that all we 'stalled people' look at alternatives within the LC range, han't seen one post by someone opting for a different WOL... says a lot!
  #293   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 10:26

BF:
Default ok, well....

5 days a week I ride the excersise bike and cross country ski machine (I alternate/less boring) I do this for 20 minutes....I cant do any kind of jumping around thing, because I was an excersise freak years ago and wrecked my back with too much jumping...so they said swim, walk or ride bike... I also walk everyday, and do light weights 5 days a week.... I am definately under 20 carbs a day...but will go even lower.....its a bummer!!!!!!! I guess some mini gains are hormones...or drinking lots of water on those hot days....
  #294   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 12:08

BF:

It has been sugested that if you are working out quite hard and one a regular basis (more than 3 times a week) you should increase carbs not decrease (esp. veggies) If you decrease too much and the calories go too low you body leaps intpo starvation mode and resists weight loss like hell. I am all for trying more carbs and more cals because when I go too low on the carbs I get terrible headaches.
  #295   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 14:01
Registered Member

Stats: 192/182/152 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Wow it sounds like different things work for different people. You really have to use your intuition, track everything carefully and see how you do with each thing you try!! I kept hearing this was such an easy diet and that I didn't have to track anything bla bla bla. I'm going with my intuition. I think I have been eating too many calories. It's easy keeping carbs down but all the talk of lots of butter and mayo well that doesn't seem to be working for me. Whether I am burning carbs or fat I suspect the math still works: you have to eat less than you burn.
  #296   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 15:19

BF:

Maddi
I think like you, maybe increase cals thru good carbs and go easy on dairy and fat... sometimes I think you have to be a damned research scientist to cope with this diet!
  #297   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 15:52

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%
Question Is Anyone Reading DANDR?

Has everyone read Dr. Atkins' Book, page by page? As far as weight gain and your are working your butts off, then it's MUSCLE. I re-start my in-home bootcamp Power 90 workout tomorrow--had to get the nerves in my feet fixed. I'm ready now!

As long as your body is shrinking, who cares what the scale reads? I gave mine away last year, drove me bonkers. Give me 30 days and I will show you a new me. I promise you this with pics. Both before and after shots.

Dr. Atkins states in his book, not to count calories, just the carbs. Induction is 20 carbs. no less and no more. But, alas, everyone is different and you have to experiment, but I wouldn't suggest you go less that 20grms carbs.

Everyone gains scale weight when exercising, then something miraculous happens, you start losing weight, even on the scale. Trust me. Keep workout out. It will happen.
  #298   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:18

BF:
Default But....

I have never stopped working out since the mid 1980's...except one week where I was feeling so lousy with my thyroid.....(you cant move). I'm still not going to give up_____________________its such a bummer, cause I had the over weight thing licked for many, many years
  #299   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Love
Dr. Atkins states in his book, not to count calories, just the carbs. Induction is 20 carbs. no less and no more. But, alas, everyone is different and you have to experiment, but I wouldn't suggest you go less that 20grms carbs.

Everyone gains scale weight when exercising, then something miraculous happens, you start losing weight, even on the scale. Trust me. Keep workout out. It will happen.

And, since everone is different, doesn't he say differetn things work for different people? Ya just gotta find your niche. We have , but they may or may not work for you.

I don't know that it is hard. Isn't it harder to go on diets, get bored, stop losing, stop dieting, put on more weight, and on and on and on and on.
  #300   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-03, 10:23
Registered Member

Stats: 288/280/188 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 8%

Go Linda Love Go! I have faith in you!

Bratina