Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 19:47

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%

Thanks Vickie! I will give the trufles a try. That sounds like what I need (once I get past induction). Just a 'little' something when times get rough.

Oh and I see that you are only 2.5 lbs away from your goal! That's fantastic! I hope it's just around the corner for you!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-03, 20:42

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

Thanks!! I plan to keep going if I can. Its just about TOM and Im hoping that 140 is right around the corner!! I've been stuck on 142.5 for almost 3 weeks!! Hope things are going well for you!
Vicky
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/???/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Justa small warning....

As I understand it, everyone reacts differently to these. I reacted horribly. It sent me in a downward spin and I got off Atkins and lost control again. I wouldn't touch them again till I start on maintance and maybe not even then.
What happen was, I was well off induction and doing great. I saw these, read about them, and decided to indulge and have one. I ended up thinking about them and wanting nothing but. So I am not sure if I reacted to what is in them or if there are some like me out there that are so addictive in nature, that these are a huge no-no. (ie- could be made from grass and dirt - yet if it tastes just like the real thing, I set up craving - also comfort food)
If you think you might be like that, my personal advice would be to pass on them for now. It wasn't worth it.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 11:19

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%

HoneyBare-I think you're right. When I started the Atkins bars, they really did a number on me and I think that's part of the reason I quit low-carbing.

How about the Atkins products used for cooking? Like the chocolate cooking mixes?? Do they cause stalls after induction? I would like to try some of the recipes that I got off from the Atkins site, but I worry about the effect it will have on my progress.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 13:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/???/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

Mommyto3 hi

Well, I tried Atkins muffin mixes, they tasted awesome but there again, all I wanted was a muffin. It was like, open fridge..meat meat, veggies, more meat, veggies...ohhhhh I think I'd rather just have a muffin LOL
Pretty much now, I don't eat something that is a lower carb version of choc or bread. Just doesn't work for me I love both those things too much. I do enjoy low carb bars, but I pick the non choc types (blueberry, apple, cinn) I like the keto nanner or strawberry shakes a lot too. They are better when you add some cream to em. I bought strawberry flavored flax o meal other day and it was just awful to me. Was kinda glad, cos I figured if it was good, I'd eat that more of that than the much needed protien in the morn.

I dunno really, other than its a per person basis. I know for me, choc, taters, corn and bread - even low carb products made to be sorta like these, could trigger cravings in me. And I want this so bad that for now, I'll pass and learn to enjoy Atkins w/o too many extras.