Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 21:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/185/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 61%

Marsh grocery store in my area featured 6 LC products in their weekly circular last week: Atkins Ice Cream, Emeril's Pasta Sauces, an LC pasta, Healthy Life Bread, and a candy bar. I went to 4 of their stores and they only had the Ice Cream and the Pasta Sauce. I was very disappointed that they featured products that their stores didn't carry, I assumed if they featured it most store would have it. I contacted their Corp Office, no word yet but at least they advertised!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 22:02
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

The trick is to keep asking, and get everyone you know (low-carbers or NOT!) to ask...
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 22:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/172/130 Female 5'4
BF:I can do this!!!
Progress: 30%

The tortillas are great...i dont care for the garlic ones..way too strong..and i am a garlic lover..so, go figure...but the normal tortillas..i love love love them. I also like to cut them up and put them in the deep fryer...they make great little chips...and you can dip them in sour cream...or whatever you like. I also like to make a pizza with them. I lay it out flat..put ricotta cheese on the bottom layer..then put a little bit of sauce..the lowest in carbs i can find..then layer with toppings and cover with cheese...pop it in the oven and when it comes out.I will either eat it with a fork and knife..or fold it over and eat it that way...it really is a little taste of heaven...even non low carbers have liked it..haha...Tamara
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 23:03

Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

Can anybody tell me what the GNC "Gold Card" is? I was in there last week, the store was deserted, the clerk rang up my order and asked me if I had a "Gold Card." I said "No...what is it?" To which he replied "Never mind...that will be...."

So, I assume it's some kind of a discount card that is a PITA for the clerks to process...am I right?

TIA
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:23
Registered Member

BF:

The Gold Card is a paid discount card. Clerks usually get points or something for selling them so I am surprised he didn't bite on your nibble.

I was in O'Malia's today (they are a sister store to Marsh, Lo-Bills) They had LaTortilla LC for $2.99 w/a coupon for T.Marzetti's LC Dressings. In their circular this week that featured Deliciously Slim Candy Bars 2/$4 and Healthy Life Bread $2.19 a loaf 5g Carbs. Found the LC Pasta for $2.99, tried the Rotini, will post if it is decent.

Marsh ads had new LC Western Bagels (Van Nuys, CA) in plain & cinnamon, they are 2oz bagels 25g Carbs less 7g fiber, <1g sugar. It is kind of high but I figure I will cut them in half. Regular price is $3.59 on sale for $2.29. The cinnamon smells great through the package.

Still waiting to hear back on their lack of featured products.

Can someone make up a request form that all us LC'ers can either print or email to our local grocery stores & include the products we would like?

I am ready to start my own LC grocery store, how many Hoosiers would come? (LOL)
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 10:25
Registered Member

BF:

Hear back from Marsh, I was very impressed:
Hi Amy- I'm so sorry about your shopping experience. All Marsh Stores were shipped the product as we are very excited about this program. It sounds as if there was a lack of follow through in some areas. Could you be so kind as to give me the Store locations so I can contact our supplier? Was it just the pasta and bread that you didn't find or were the bars also excluded? We will send you a case of the pasta and hope you will continue to shop our stores. We appreciate your comments and business. Kind Regards- Joni

Sure hope I like the pasta!!!!!!!