Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 15:17

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 122/118/114
BF:28
Progress: 50%

Liz,

I don't remember much but one thing I remember is that B type does really well with milk. And also they do well on exotic meats like pheasant and rabbit and stuff like that. And no tofu. I was kind of amazed when I was reading the B Type since my mom is B Type and she has always liked milk and I cannot even touch the stuff without those lactose enzyme pills (I am O Type). She doesn't like tofu.

tmo

Last edited by tmo : Fri, Mar-14-03 at 15:20.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 15:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/122/110
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Sorry to but in

but i'd like to contribute...I took Dr Crook's test and scored 112 (give or take maybe 5). I am concerned that I, too, suffer from candida. Its such a long list though, that I can't help but think most people suffer from lots of these things. Having said that, while reading some of the questions I was like OMG, that's me! What else (other than candida) could I attribute these symptoms?
I guess I probably should cut (out) the cheese but I LOVE it! My worst symptom is itchy/runny nose but I'm not sure if that's cheese (since it has only become severe since LCing) or if I'm just having a rough allergy season.

trisharau:
I just have to ask since you are so close to my (and your) goal weight and you started out with little to lose (like me), any advise? How many carbs per day do you eat? I saw that you dont eat dairy or nuts, why? Are you allergic? Do they cause you to stall even in small quantities? One last thing- do you count calories? I have really struggled w/ this. If I don't watch them my loss is soooooo slow BUT I am a little afraid to commit to counting bc ~ 110lbs, according to most charts, to maintain you can't eat hardly anything! Please do tell!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 16:59

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
Hi Reese,

I don't calorie count nor do I do fit day or anything else. I have just or am still working out what foods agree with me or not. Some tend to stall my weigh loss probably because I like them so much too and find it hard not to eat too much of the said item (eg fruit, dairy, nuts and any grains). I am also a bit suss about the said foods in that I think I show some intolerance to them.

I don't know what level of carbs I am having but I find if I generally stay in ketosis then I lose weight. When I am really serious about losing a kilo (a couple of pounds +) a week then I do my version of induction.

I also exercise moderately at least 5 days a week preferably 6. I alternate weights and cardio. This activity really helps with weight loss. I currently need to tone up more so I am thinking of doing body for life. There are threads on that in the forum.

Your score on the candida test was lower than mine. I too think that a lot of the symptoms could be attributed to other things such as allergies. Still allergies and candida can often go together!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 17:46

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

B-type blood types: Get this--NO CHICKEN! But turkey is OK. Actually no chicken or cornish hen (same bird). Turkey, pheasant, ostrich all ok. Avoid tomatoes, corn, and buckwheat and pork. Yes, B's are OK with milk products as milk is B-like in it's aspects so your body accepts it as friendly whereas O's and A's think it's not 'family'. Rabbit is fine for you too. So in a nutshell for B's: NO chicken,pork, tomatoes, corn, buckwheat. Soy is maybe not so great either, but occasionally is ok if you like it.

Last edited by kjturner : Sat, Mar-15-03 at 17:47.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 19:51
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

KJ, thanks. It's wierd. I do OK with chicken, but am lactose intolerent. Tomatoes in small amounts don't bother me but many give me heart burn. I've heard (read) some people say they are a combination of two types. I may be one of those. I do best with a combination of meats. Not too much of any one kind. I did notice after I had buckwheat pancakes for breakfast I was a little bloated. So much for that!!

reese, your itchy runny nose that started when you began to LC could be a candida rie off. When you LC you cut off it's food source and toxins are released as it dies causing the symptoms. They will eventually go away. As for the allergies. They could be legimate immune responces to allergines, or it could be the candida causing the sensitivity. There could be other things that cause the symptoms, but then wouldn't it be just one or two? When a person can go down the list and a dozen or more apply to them, wouldn't it make more sense that one thing (candida) is causing all of them, or that it is a dozen or more things causing them all? I hope it's just one cause, I'm too tired to fight a dozen enemies at the same time!!!