Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 20:09

Plan: Atkins, Protein Power
Stats: 133/133/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thank you all!

SOO helpful,however some of you focus on lean meats and many times i have been told to add fat in. so i am trying to eat lean meats and add olive oil, mayo, that sort of thing- which brings up the calories quite a bit. I have got to not allow myself the cheese or cool whip because i have been finishing these off, the bulimic binge-er in me. Bulimics and overeaters- how did you keep yourself from messing up in that way and then of course going over the 20 carbs. did you just not allow yourself cheese or did and were able to keep to 2-3 oz and with that only had carbless meat and lettuce??? I think i should cut out anything with carbs but lettuce because i am hardly likely to eat a head of lettuce!!
i will start fresh tomorrow because today i admit it, i had nuts and lots of them. after reading protein power i said, heck, im allowed and wll went a little crazy. soooo tomorrow, i will stick to it with all lean meat (added fat too?) and 2 oz cheese and lettuce. wow, i really appreciate the support on this. I have been doing this a week and i really feel heavy and blubbery...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 20:28

Plan: my own
Stats: 149/150/130 Female 159cm
BF:30%/27%/18%
Progress: -5%

DON'T eat just lettuce, there are plenty of leafy greens out there more nutritious than lettuce, I f you are going to deprive yourself cut out the cheese..... i think that the issues you are facing have less to do with the amount of carbs/calories you are eating and more to do with your current mindset...have a search for some threads about eating disorders....there are a few out there....
I htink it's great that you have access to a fantastic support site like this one.. use it for the support that you need to help heal your beliefs about food It would also be helpful to decide which paln you will be following for the beginning and stick to it....so the rules don't get confused.

Last edited by Jezebel : Thu, Feb-13-03 at 20:30.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 05:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/67/55
BF:25%
Progress:

Hi their .

Are you taking flaxseed oil ?

As that is a way of adding good fat . Start off with 1 dessert spoon , a day .

Lady bird

Last edited by ladybird : Fri, Feb-14-03 at 05:45.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 09:47

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

eattoomuch - I focus on lean meats because I like them better. I also try to get the majority of my fat from olive oil. Right now I use a commercially bought mayo but after I'm finished with this jar, I will be making my own with olive oil. I also eat flax meal everyday (although I'm switching to the oil once I'm out of seeds). My next project is to re-read PPLP and other souces on the different types of fats and track the types I'm getting. I love cheese, but must limit myself or I can eat pounds at a time If I have hard cheese, I limit it to one ounce. If I have cottage cheese, I limit it to 1/4 cup. Of course, I haven't moved into transition yet and at that point I may add more. But I don't want to go overboard on the dairy and would prefer most my carbs to come from raw veggies - and not just lettuce . I have raw cauliflower, broccoli and asparagus or mushrooms every day on my salad. As to nuts - they are a definite binge mechanism for me I went crazy with them when I first started LCing because I'd denied myself having any for years. I have come to realize I just need to stay away from them - not necessarily forever, but at least until I have the eating disorder part more controlled I also did SF desserts when I first started - but once again, the old binge mechanism set in. So I avoid them for now. One day I WILL conquer the bulemia, but until then...there are just some things I can't on a daily basis. Of course, this is all just my experience - YMMV.