Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 18:55
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Add some heavy cream, blend with ice - not bad!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 09:20

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 245/240/190 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually like the shakes and bars! Since not having sugar for a few weeks, the bars and shakes are sweet to me. I eat a bar at school or take one to the movies. They are so thick, it takes me a long time and lots of water to finish it. The shakes are good in the pm when I did most of my chocolate snacking or I may drink one for breakfast. For times I am not hungry at all but know I need to eat, these are perfect.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 20:11

Stats: 189/159/145 Female 63 inches
BF:40%/39%/low
Progress: 68%
Default YUP

Me too, Mommatbird.
I've always liked them...

I teach motorcycle safety on weekends and never felt like eating lunch... the bars are the perfect thing to carry along.
And that way, I was alway on hand to help someone that needed that "extra" help on a motorcycle... while everyone else was at lunch.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 13:39

Stats: 209/193.5/140
BF:
Progress: 22%

I've gotten really addicted to my own recipie for shakes in the morning for breakfast...

- 1 scoop of the dry chocolate atkins shake powder (note the official serving size is 2 scoops)
- 8oz of kefir (which is similar to yogurt, but lower in carb and has a different texture)
- 1 T. of heavy cream (since i can't find anything but lowfat kefir, and do want to get some fat in the mornings)

mix it all up with an immersion blender.

if you use 2 scoops, i think the fake sugar taste is stronger, and you get something the texture of mousse rather than a drinkable shake.

there's something about the tangy/sour kefir flavor mixed with a little bit of sweetness and chocolatey-ness that i really love. probably not for everyone i think the kefir does a decent job of killing the splenda aftertaste.

i am getting ready to introduce berries to my diet this week, so i may try vanilla shake mix, strawberries, kefir and cream-- probably a mix of flavors that would have broader appeal

i think it's a nice little package of protien/fat/carb/fiber that goes down easily. i've always had trouble eating breakfast and this does the trick for me.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:28

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

atkins has a new flavor bar that is "Creamy Cinnamon Bun" its supposed to be a breakfast bar and has less carbs than the other atkins bar, and it is real sweet. i can only manage to eat half of it and it is smaller than the regular atkins bars. it also has less carbs than the other atkins bars. i must admit if you have to eat bars, make it an atkins bar they do taste the best.

my body must be changing because i tried to cheat the other day with 4 fig newtons and they tasted really weird, i just didnt like them anymore, then i tried choc. chip cookies and i just didnt want them and ended up throwing them away. i think i just wanted them mentally but physically my body was telling me "this stuff aint that great no more".

i have lost about 8-10 lbs. in three weeks on the diet. i just hope it keeps going.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 13:59

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I tried Keto Shakes and blech...they are so artificial tasting and sweet that I had to dilute with water to drink. The Atkins Shakes are less sweeter in my opinion (Chcocolate that is...did not try other flavors)
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 15:31

Stats: 210/180/170
BF:
Progress: 75%

Over the weekend I made it a point to hit up the local GNC.

I grabbed a 4 pak of the "Cafe Au Lait" shakes and some of the Atkins bars. Then I came home and jumped on the board to see if I could find anyones opinions on them. I found one person had mentioned that the Cafe Au Lait shakes smelled like fish, and I thought to myself "Oh great.. just what I need." I grabbed one of each Atkins bar that they had... cookiesNcream, mocha chocolate crunch, and frosted cinnamon swirl.

First I tried the shake.. I was on my way to work out at 6am and was half asleep.. all I could remember was "smells like fish, tastes worse" So I opened it and sure enough it smelled fishy but I can almost gaurantee thats because I heard someone say the same.. I almost didnt even want to take a sip.. then I tried it and it was actually GOOD!

Then on Sunday afternoon I tried the mocha chocolate bar.. and to my surprise it actually tasted like chocolate! I was VERY surprised! This morning I tried the cookies N cream bar on my way out the door for work... it was just as good as the other bar! I cant wait to try the other flavors.... I found them all at a local grocery store.

I have to give the Atkins bars and the shake Ive tried a 2 thumbs up!

BTW... for those that dont like them you have to remember.. this isnt going to be like a snickers or a 3 musketeers or the like. If you go and try them thinking its going to be like that then your setting yourself up for dissapointment. As far as Im concerned these are the best tasting bars Ive ever tried....
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 20:52

Plan: Maintenence-Atkins
Stats: 160/129/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 155%

I have an Atkins shake every morning at about 9am. (Sometimes I have one at night also.) To me its really good, and I do have the Chocolate Delight. The Cafe au Lait is nasty. The Advantage Shakes are similar also. I have found no problems with my progress by drinking these. I have only been on this diet for 5 weeks now and havent really lost pounds, just in inches by far.
As for the bars, I really dont care for those. What I do when I need something chocolate to melt in my mouth, I buy a few Endulge candy bars, or the Pure-De-lite candy bars from Walmart. I dont eat those but maybe once a week.....but when its TOM, I HAVE to have at least 2 in the house!!! My favorite is Pure De-lite Choc Mint.
Vicky