Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 10:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/184/135 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 46%

I used to eat the Advantage bars -- mostly the Chocolate Raspberry and the Chocolate Peanut Butter, which I'd give a 6 -- but the others get a 3, overall.

I use the Vanilla and Chocolate shake mixes all the time: 7. The strawberry is cloyingly sweet and fake: 2. I mix it with soy milk or heavy cream to get it thick, and eat it with a spoon. Yum.

The r-t-d shakes are good too, especially chocolate delight: 8.

I'd give the Endulge Caramel Nut Chew a 9 in taste, and a 1 for laxative effects (not what I was looking for, but boy was it effective! ). I've only had it once, and I don't think I'll be trying it again.

nedsed
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 12:59

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default my 2 cents

Advantage bars: 4. some of these are ok, but I'm afraid to eat them because of hidden carbs. They are pretty dense and chalky & I'd rather eat real food..

Shake mix-vanilla: 2. I liked this the first time but the next few times after that I felt like I was eating wallpaper paste and had to finally throw the whole can away. It was thick, like pancake batter! Not only that but when we bought it the foil top was gone and half of it was gone. I didn't notice till I got home, and my husband wouldn't take it back because he said they wouldn't accept it since it's food Some other LC'er musta been upset at the price and gypped me outta my $22!! sheesh!

Muffins: 9. I've only had cranberry orange so far, but I was absolutely tickled when the batter tasted so good and so did the muffins! I bought a bag of lemon poppyseed, corn and blueberry (they are called "Atkins Quick Quisine") I give them a 9 instead of a 10 because there are 8 net carbs for the blueberry and corn muffins!!

Endulge bar: 8. It is delicious but Ross is better, but they all make me crave and gain!

pancake mix: 4-5. I liked it at first and then couldn't bring myself to swallow it. Too bad..

Last edited by nitrovixen : Sat, Mar-29-03 at 13:09.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 18:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 189/187/124 Female 60.75 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

I'd give the shakes in the can (the ones you have to make yourself) a negative 5! I only tried the strawberry, and it was gross!

I'd give the Atkins a 0. I made the bread....man, was it disgusting! I think I would rather have eaten out of the toilet, if you get my drift. The waffles made from it weren't too bad, though, if you add cinnamon or vanilla.
My advice? Stay away from it!

Endulge bars are good. They get an 8. But De-Lite and Carbolites are better. 99 cents at Wal-Mart as opposed to 1.79 for Endulge bars.

Advantage bars are like eating dirty shoes.

Last edited by spongebutt : Sat, Mar-29-03 at 18:10.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 18:23

Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I've only tried the peanut butter bars (which I'd give a 5; I like their convenience but they're a little hard for me to get down). I was also disappointed to find the peanut butter flavor actually has the chocolate coating, which I didn't want (why didn't they call it chocolate peanut butter like everyone else??!)

My health food store had the Atkins products buy-one-get-one-free, so I bought the chocolate & strawberry powdered (I used to drink Slim-Fast powdered products alot for breakfast, so I thought this would be a nice substitute). I could only swallow 2 mouthfuls of the chocolate, so I'd give it a 0. Luckily, the store said they will give me my money on them.

Last edited by hatetocook : Sat, Mar-29-03 at 18:24.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 18:30

Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

Shakes:
Cappucino-- 2--would do in a pinch.
Strawberry-- 0 about the nastiest thing I ever spent $2.75 on.

Advantage bars:
chocolate coconut--3. The texture was hard to ignore, though.
berry cheesecake--1. Just didn't do it for me.

Vanilla syrup--6. I like DaVinci better.

Peanut butter cups--8. I too like Pure D Lite much better.

Atkins Crunchers:
plain flavor--9. Loved the extreme crunch. Liked the taste.
nacho flavor--6. Kind of strange tasting to me.

I get my Atkins foods from the local health food store because I'm usually there for other things.

In general, I find Atkins is better at devising eating plans than foods. Just MHO.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 20:02

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 179/134/135
BF:
Progress: 102%

Atkins Muffins- blueberry 7, banana nut 8, lemon poppy 10-by far my favorite, almost taste like cake
Atkins Shakes- RTD in cans strawberry 7, chocolate 9, vanilla 9
Advantage Bars- chocolate decadence 5, almond brownie 0, cookies & cream 5, chocolate peanut butter 10 my favorite by far
Endulge Bars- chocolate OK 8-tastes like semi-sweet choc chips, chocolate crisp 9-similar to Nestle crunch, chocolate peanut butter cups 9.5- dangerously good hard not to eat too many, caramel chews 5-weird texture
Atkins Brownies- have a box but haven't made them yet waiting, ~ 5g carbs per serving seems a little too high for now
Atkins BBQ Sauce- 0, NASTY!
Atkins French Dressing-9, good but I usually buy Walden Farms as I can buy it locally much cheaper and it's just as good with less carbs and in every flavor imaginable