Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 20:49

Plan: WIN! (my own plan)
Stats: 172/150/123 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Naughty n0ah! :) Re: HETOAME

Hi Lisa!

LOL....yes, I did have some extra gas and discovered what an effective laxative effect malitol can have on the body. However, I also know that the kindest type of natural fibre I can give my body are flaxseed, nuts 'n seeds 'n berries.

Bein' naughty once in a while is part of the ride on these wondrous seas. (Coverin' my eyes..) But...it doesn't mean that it is somethin' I plan to do over and over again. Fallin' isn't failin'...

What I found so wonderful was Heathers' attitude. Another Being who could do somethin' just as I would...that is a great gift....to know my stray habits are not just mine ... but shared by others too.

I know our main goal here is not to stray. We need to stay on track...and get back on track when we swerve.

Thanks for your comments.

Many Blessings to you, Lisa and a Happy New Year 2003!

n0ah
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 22:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hello all..

I have about 6 Atkins bars in the fridge that I haven't touched in weeks...can't even bring myself to want something sweet anymore. The cravings and desires to enjoy the chewy and sugary tastes I used to love are completely gone.

If at all possible...I would give those treats up ASAP. All they do -- for some, not all -- is to keep you on that cycle of "I need a treat" which can really get in the way of making new habits. Same for the LC legal foods...just because they're lower in carbs, eating them can really slow down the weight loss.

YMMV...very important there...but for me, I'm so content with the salami and cheese and the other foods I gave up for so long...I couldn't care less about those things.

Now my own homemade LC cheesecake is another story... ...but only on those occasions where everyone else is having something, like a birthday party or occasion! Then I will enjoy a nice big slice!

#18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 23:10

Stats: 305.0/234.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default could you post your recepie?

hi DDMariana

I just tried the carbolite cheesecake the one that you have to make yourself and I was not satisfied with the flavor. I would really like to try your recepie would you mind sharing it?
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 23:45
Registered Member

Hi Vikki...

This recipe is so simple, and not too bad to the taste...

take two blocks of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of Splenda and a good tablespoon of vanilla...beat the hell out of all this together in a bowl (may want to do the cream cheese first, then add the others) until creamy and no lumps!

Pour into a baking pan (small, or it comes really thin...but I like it that way, more portions). Bake at around 350 for about 50 minutes...it will puff up in the oven, then as you cool it, the puffy will crack down into the pan.

Before I put it in the oven, I sprinkly crushed pecans on top ...it is SO good. Some put the crushed almonds or pecans on the bottom (crushed in with some butter) as a crust...but the cheesecake never stuck to my pan even without greasing, so I use the nuts as a topping.

I think I estimated the whole thing to be around 32 grams...you might want to check me on this. If I get 6 slices out of it, that's less than 6 per serving. That's the extend of my math ability...

Let me know how you like it!

#20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 00:14

Stats: 305.0/234.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Great thanks a bunch I will try it next week I will let you know how it turned out. sounds delicious

Thanks again
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 01:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 204/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default mmmmm I love LC Cheesecake!!!!!!!!

You guys are the best! I've been away from the site for quite a while with work, family, and other emergencies.
Low and behold, what do I find when I get back, everyone has the same symptoms I have with carbolite products.
One of the things my boss got me at Christmas were some of the jelly beans in a really cute jar (being a supporter of my way of life, bless her!) I ate some and felt like Verucha in Willie Wonka. I thought if I could just pop, I'd feel better. I even felt purple!

2 days I was like that. I wasn't sure if it was the jelly beans or something else I ate. I also got a carbolite peanut butter cup in a basket with nuts, beef sticks, LC bars etc from a co worker. I ate that the other day, and sure enough.....baloon time. I was so misserable, I have chosen to stick to the Adkins LC bars and Endulge treats. I know they do have a laxitive effect, however, I bought a full box of endulge chocolate bars during the summer some time, and I still have half a box in the fridge.
One of my friends is doing Weight Watchers. Her group leader had a suggestion....when you think you are hungry, or just want something.....drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes. If you still want what ever it is....eat it. It works for me.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 07:10

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

ICarbolite
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 19:07

Stats: 37//!
BF:
Progress: 38%

I had to curtail my Carbolite cravings because I really noticed my weight loss had stalled! At first I didn't believe it, but when I look back on the couple of months that I 'wasted,' I could think of nothing else different that I'd been doing.

I too view this as a WOE, and not a diet or a race, but the way I look at it, the sooner I can get to maintainance, the better. I wish I knew why sugar alcohols stall us. Not really addressed in Atkins' book. Maybe his new one will go into it.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:49

Stats: 162/148.5/130
BF:32/?/20
Progress: 42%

Jen

I know what you mean I bought some Pure De-Lite candy bars milk chocolate and I am so addicted to them they are so good they taste just like a real candy bar to me. I did the same thing bought a bunch to have for the next while but they were gone in a week and I am so ashamed even though they are low in carbs it cannot be good to be eating that many anyway I am back on track today and am being very strict but I still think about them in the pantry and want to go eat one. Well I know what your feeling its tough.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 11:49
Registered Member

Just my two cents again...this may not apply to many, but maybe someone out there can relate so here goes...

I've been on Atkins since April of 2002 and lost 12 lbs on induction.

After induction, I was "allowed" to have many more foods...the bars, the LC candies, some nuts, peanut butter... what happened was that I was so caught up in trying to substitute my favorite FOODS instead of substituting my bad habits for better ones...that I THOUGHT I was keeping to the plan...

Finally by November, my world shook a bit, and I had lost my appetite for a while. When I started to pick up eating again I only stayed with simple, real foods that were on the plan, in SMALLER PORTIONS, and finally realized all that I had been doing to sabotage myself.

From April to November...a net of 10 lbs lost.
From November to Jan...another 32 lbs. lost.

I don't need those bars, treats or cheats AT ALL now...

It's getting my control over the eating and the foods that made the difference...even the legal stuff can be too much or can work against us.

I do love taking an Atkins bar into the movies sometimes...feels like the right place to have a treat...but even that now makes me ask myself...just because it's a movie, does it call for candy? The association is what I'm personally trying to break...LC candy or not.

Just a thought!

#26   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 16:07

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Gang,
I just got back in from Walmart and bought afew of the Carbolite bars myself. After reading this, i am not sure i will give them a try. I also bought afew bags of Low Carb Bites at a Nutritional Store, and I know they are so yummmy. I am going to try really hard to limit myself to one treat a day. Wish me luck!