Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 09:25
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Thanks Lisa ....

Anyone that quotes Vonnegut is totally cool with me!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 10:57

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Like some people already told you, be thankful for the stank breath. I haven't found a product yet that gets rid of my keto breath for more than five minutes. Not even Listerine strips or that Arm & Hammer 3 hour toothpaste. More water doesn't work for me either to kill the keto breath. So, when the boyfriend says something about my breath, I tell him it's fat burning, be happy.

As far as the peeing goes, I drink about a gallon a day. Your bladder will somewhat adjust to all the fluids eventually. Some days I go every 20 minutes, sometimes every 2 hours. I always wake up at least twice and have to go. I'd rather have to pee all the time than retain it and be bloated! And congrats on your loss!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:33

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Dear lperk002 and Lisa,

I don't want to labour this because I don't think it is really very important , but if an object weighs less than one gram then it cannot contain one gram of carbohydrates. This would be breaking the laws of physics. And if that object, like one pillow of gum (I weighed a pillow, not a strip) weighs 80 milligrams, and if we assume that it is at least 50 percent gum, (actually I think it is much more as I broke one up to look), then one pillow of gum is just less than half a gram of carbohydrate . And as that carbohydrate is something like sorbitol or one of the other sugar alcohols, which is slowly absorbed - if it is absorbed at all, then that makes sugar free gum even better for low carbers.

With regard to the chlorophyl: well it works on dogs and doesn't do them any harm. If dogs are properly fed on meat and fat and not on biscuits made of wheat then I suppose they must also be in ketosis and hence the dog breath!

Another, more amusing point. My brother was once told by an old wino (no, I don't know why my brother was talking to an old wino), that I you really want have to pee in a public place then you should show signs of being in pain! Under British law it seems you are allowed to wee (or wizz!) in public if holding it in gives you pain. I wonder if you have the same law in America?

Best to all,

Robert

P.S. No, I do not have shares in sugar free gum companies
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:41
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

LOL! Robert not a real issue at all... relax take a breath... chew some gum!

Me and other Lisa both thought we read it and me being very anal retentive and scared i'm going to breath in carbs and gain back weight is too scared to take the chance. Don't take it personal please.

Anyway, have a lovely weekend.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 15:50

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

It's Ok lkonzelman I'm cool . I just got in from work, telly is boring, partner is out so I've got nothing better to do than type crap into the computer - didn't mean to get heavy - sorry.

All have a good weekend,

Robert
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 16:18

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 149/147/125
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
I'm Wizzing Every 15 Minutes And Still Have Corpse Breath!

Now there's a great visual!

I had that problem with dieting in general. I bought me a good electric toothbrush, I brush religiously 3 times a day (and I brush EVERYWHERE in my mouth..behind teeth I never knew I had)

Oh..and Listerine strips are a MUST HAVE. I keep two packages in my purse. I haven't had a problem since!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Kinda
Stats: 338/280/230
BF:
Progress: 54%
Talking

ok... ok... ok...

chlorophyl... 1 gnc chlorophyl per day has neutralized my coprse breath... thank you very much...

iggy