Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 09:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/164/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

I know this will sound stupid but throw lots of ice in your tea. I love ice - and it's water! It'll equal more water, less tea.

I've been lucky and crave water. I quit smoking a couple years ago and no longer like diet coke because of it and drink very little other than coffee and water (ok, ok, so I like Miller Lite too ).

Yes, look for products with Splenda.

I didn't give up my medications when I started this a week ago. I take Minocin (antibiotic and anti-inflamatory) and Celexa. When my body is well I'll stop the medication.

Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-02, 21:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 455/401/240
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi!

Hi,
As may be you feel, the major problem of low level of carbs
in the induction is conspiration.
I want to share my way how to get rid of that.
I just simply blend my 3 cups of vedg + oil + sweet vinegar.
It's looks as sour cream but just green and have only +
3 carbs becouse vinegar. You can use mayo, of cource.

Good lack!

Jacob450
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 23:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/139/115
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Re: Thank you all so much....

I am doing Taibo as far as my 18 month old lets me do it. LOL.

Again, thank you all so much for your support. I will check out the depression forum. Thank you for telling me. [/B][/QUOTE]

hi,
just wanted to stay...stick with taibo...it really works. it helped me lose weight and tone before. it was my fault that i did not keep doing it. but i just started atkins 6 days ago and i started with my taibo again. good luck to you. you will be fine.

photofreak
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 06:13

Plan: CAD (again)
Stats: 135/130.8/121
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hi there!!

I guess I'm not the best person on the planet for giving advice on sticking to diets!! I'm always on and off! I felt your desperation though and thought I'd tell you my experience: I think LC is the right choice for excellent health but such a low amount of carbs per day just made me feel really really sluggish and got me depressed.

I think that as far as carb needs go (whether they be psycological, social or physical) everyone's different. You don't have that much weight to lose, so my suggestion would be not to fling yourself head first into induction, which is really really tough especially on the mind, I lose weight even at about 100g a day, if I were you I'd be a little kinder on myself.

Depression is a bad beast to fight, so don't beat yourself up on all fronts.... take it slower, maybe you'll lose slower but what the heck, you don't deserve to suffer so much. Love yourself and your baby. I took so long to realise that I'm worth so much more than the size of my pants!!!

I mean, if Jennifer Lopez can be considered Hollywood's most gorgeous butt you can bet I can find mine attractive !!!!

Anyway that's just my opinion, I just hope you're feeling better by now. I see you haven't answered in awhile, let us know how you're feeling!!!!

Hugs
Choc

PS Talking about "we're all different" I read that Committed can only get the water down if it's ice cold right? Well, I can drink about half a litre in one shot, provided it's room temperature. So try a few things before deciding what's good for you, and check out the thread about Quality of life vs. Rapid Weight Loss...