Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 15:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've never had a Hamilton Beach grill, but the Forman grill is the most used appliance I have. I have never had a problem with grease splatter or cleaning.

We use it for everything...chicken, burgers, steaks, chops, bacon, sausage. Grilled veggies. I made sirloin tips in it and they were great. You may want to marionate the meat for better flavor. Sausage had the texture of burgers, so you don't get all the grease. We get plenty of fat, so don't worry about draining off the excess.

Cleaning it while warm is best, but you can use the little spatula that comes with it and lightly scrape down the grooves to loosen the stuck on stuff. Don't scrub hard because it has a nonstick coating. I then use a soapy paper towel to wash away the reast, tip and use a cup to rinse it with clear water making sure not to get water into the plug or other outside areas. Dry with a soft towel and you are good to go. The worse mess on a cold grill only takes a couple of minutes to clean.

You don't want to overcook your food, so set a timer and go by the chart included. Enjoy your grill.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 11:57

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is an old thread so don't know if anyone will read this but I wanted to share a tip about cleaning the Foreman Grill. After you unplug it and it cools a bit, put a wet dishcloth on it and close the lid. Let it cool completely and then wipe it out. works especially well if you sprayed it with cooking spray before cooking the meat. I let mine sit all night last night (lazy!) and it was a breeze to clean this AM.

Cheers,
Cindy
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 13:20

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post George Foreman grill...

Bought one. Hated it. Took it back to the store yesterday....

I dunno, maybe I'm just a snob about outdoor grilling, but I didn't think the Foreman grill got hot enough for my tastes. If I have to grill indoors, I think I'll do so on top of the stove.

Donald
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 01:31
Registered Member

Plan: General LC
Stats: 235/218/150
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Anyways, the steaks were bland - any ideas for flavorful steak and pork chops?

my mom makes the BEST steak ive ever eaten in my life. its really best on an outdoor grill (gotta love that charred flavor..mmmm hehe) but the indoor ones are really good. theyre so convenient.
anyway, this is how my mom makes steak.
first she stabs it all over, both sides with a fork...then sprinkles on some meat tenderizer and seasoned salt and some pepper. then gives it a generous dousing of "lea & perrins" worchistershire (however you spell that crazy word!!!) sauce...the longer you let it marinade, the better...but she rarely has the time with 2 hungry kids to wait too long so after about half an hour she throws them on the grill. i like mine WELL done, so you cant tell it was ever alive...and even cooked like that it is still really juicy, and tender. its my absolute favorite meal in the world! i like it with broccoli and cheese or a salad. if anyone tries making it like this let me know if you like it....i love it, i wont eat any other steak...not even a 30 dollar one at a fancy restaurant.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 17:08
Registered Member

Stats: ???/???/???
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default love my george!

You guys have really made my mouth water!... Now I want Chicken + Bacon to put on my salad tonight... anyway,
I use my grill for tons of things... it's just convenient.

I sometime wait until it cools really well to clean it...then I'll plug it in for about 30 seconds...this lets me just wipe away with towels anything that's left....but it usually isn't to bad... I wipe the catch trays out, then wash them...

going to use george now!