Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 05:59
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Count me in!!

I haven't been a member of this forum for long but I am ready for the BFL challenge. I bought the book and am highly motivated to start a structured routine.

At 50 it's something that I need to do. I lost 76lbs. in 1996 with low fat diet. I became very gauntly and flabby. When I relocated in 1999 and began my business full-time that meant many more hours of sitting in front of the computer, I regained 10 of the 76lbs. lost.

Now I wish to become lean, muscular and fit. I am committed to this for various reasons most importantly being the fight against Osteoporosis (hereditary).

My 70 year old mother for the last two years has been actively
going to a gym and working out. She went from 105lbs. of flab to
a beautiful buffed 113lbs. of muscle. Her most recent bone density scan has resulted in actual bone growth. She is no longer in that danger zone of osteoporosis. She in all of her infinite wisdom is my motivation and hero. Without even knowing it she has inspired all three of her kids to do the same. Way to go mom!!!

I have been working out religiously since April 14, when I bought my treadmill. I noticed a change in my body almost immediately. I have not lost much weight but now notice MUSCLES and strength. I began lifting weights about a month ago on my own but found out I was doing too much, thanks to all those wiser then myself in this forum.

I have been seeking those that are closer to my age and have chosen Marlaine as my mentor. (she doesn't know it yet)
I may not post messages as often as some, time doesn't allow me to do this at this time but I am in this forum several times a day to get moral support and motivation. I am so glad that I have come to know LC WOL and all of you!

With saying that it is time to get off my butt and get moving.
Today is C1D1W1!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 15:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 180/173/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Way to go, HerbNurse!

We're behind you all the way!

Off we go!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 05:09
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Thanks Hula Girl!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 12:16

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by HerbNurse
I have been seeking those that are closer to my age and have chosen Marlaine as my mentor. (she doesn't know it yet)

LOL......She does now!!

I'm both flattered and willing. It's great to see someone my age (and older - your mother!!) picking up the weights as a way to change their life! I'll be keeping an eye on you to see how it goes. Feel free to post any questions!

Wishing you all of the best with LC and BFL!

Marlaine