Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-08-01, 12:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/159/120 Female 4' 11
BF:
Progress: 25%

Wendy, I have not seen any one stop LC store anywhere, wish there was one I shop in the Barrie area and there is a vegetarian cafe that also sells stones & new age stuff but no LC store. I have to go from one store to another to get what I need. The Bulk Barn, the health food store, the grocery store, etc. So I would love it if I could get most of what I need at one store.

I think a small LC cafe in your store would be quite the thing. You could serve grilled chicken & salads, LC soups and LC bread, etc. If I lived in Orillia that's where I would go for lunch when I'm shopiing instead of Boom Bada Bing's for salad & chicken.

I think that having LC literature and recipes around for people to read while they're having their LC lunch would be more interesting than a drop in center. Your literature could show all the LC support groups on the internet, etc. and it would not take as much of your time, having to host them.

People are so busy nowadays that they can't always attend soirees or support group things. Like me, I used to go once a month to a writing group in Barrie ... but it's a pain to have to go out, especially after dinner and in the winter.

I really love the idea of a LC cafe. People will drop in, have lunch and read about the LC WOL. This may encourage them to get with the program. After having a delicious LC lunch they could browse through your products. Hey you could even have LC recipes around to mimic your lunches to encourage your customers to try to make it.

Let me know if you need any more ideas.

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 11:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/166/160
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Changes

I have been on this diet for a year and have never felt better in my life. I have lost 50 lbs and I can now wear a size l2-l4 depending on the store instead of a size 20+. The biggest change has been with my daughter who has also lost 50 lbs and is going to her greade l2 graduation in two weeks in a beautiful silver gown in a size ll. She is actually looking forward to going and has so much more self-confidence. This WOE has actually changed her life and I can't imagine her ever not eating this way.

Thank you Dr. Atkins.!!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-17-01, 12:29

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Wendy!

My changes consist of a lot of different thing.
1.My knees stopped hurting. I have had a problem so bad that they would pop when I bent them. Plus the swelling was awful! I had to take at least 6 ibuprofen before going to bed…or I wouldn’t be able to walk to well the next morning. Mater a fact two week prior we had went camping in Austin {about a 2 hr drive} and my husband couldn’t touch my knee with out sending me into orbit! ALL GONE!
2. My cravens left after about 3 or 4 days. Before we would have mid-night brownie rages! Ha! And I mean eat them ALL! Ha! Still love chocolate…but I don’t want it every day…all day.
3. My P.M.S. GONE!!! Not to mention the cramps and clotting is gone too!
4. No more moods swing.
5. The “yes please” {hee hee} is more fun! Ha!
6. And most of all, the change in my husband is UNREAL!
a. Obsessive compulsive behavior…GONE!
b. Nerves energy…GONE!
c. Stress level down.
d. High blood pressure GONE!
e. Carrying food in my purse incase something happens and we can’t eat on time…NO MORE! Yes, I really had to do this! He would become very silent and face will get red.
Why I see my life changes:
Knowing that I have a better chance of seeing my kids grow up, get married, have their kids, and truly be able to enjoy and do the things they want to do WITH THEM!! Priceless! Knowing the chance of my husband dying in the next couple of years from a heart attack or stroke, because he can’t control his stress level is really slim now! And I wouldn’t trade it for the world! I am so VERY THANKFUL!
Smile,