Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 14:07

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile What can I say - your all great !!!

Dear All

Thank you for the best wishes and support it is really appreciated.

Well today I decided I need to sort out this mess or I'd become so entangled in it I'd never surface.

So I took half the day off and drove to leeds where I saw the housing manager. She has taken note of my situation and has put me as a priority to be housed near my family - where I can have the support that might be needed in the not too distant future.

Then I decided to get weighed a day early and I'VE DONE IT - I'VE MADE MY FIRST STONE - so if nothing else I will do this for me - cos I deserve it !!!!!

See you soon and thanks again

Julie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-02, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Hi

Hi Julie,

Congratulations on your loss.

Making changes is hard, but once you decide to take action it usually gets better. I hope your move works out for you.

Victoria,
Thanks for posting Doreen's post on plateaus, I hadn't read that before. It helps to keep the struggle with the scale in perspective.

Summer

Last edited by summer10 : Tue, Jun-18-02 at 18:33.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-02, 13:46

Stats: 358/296/160
BF:
Progress: 31%

Oh I completely agree that the 'what I hate about being fat' post is very necessary. It just got me so down that it had such a negative tone to it. I was in a deep depression for almost a year and all I did was dwell on how much I hated what I had become; and you know I didn't lose an ounce. But when I started to look at it in a more postive light, that is when I started to drop the weight. I think it is great to talk about being unhappy, and it helps a great deal, I just hope everyone who posts on that thread isn't dwelling on it how I did.

Well, so far so good. Haven't lost pounds for a bit, inches are gone and my energy is sooooo high right now

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:25

BF:
Default Am back and feeling brighter !!!

Dear All

Thank you for your postings and sorry I've not been around for a few days - but had some much deserved sleep to catch up on.

As regards my fiance - he arrived back yesterday after 4 days gone and no word - as if nothing had happened. I've made it quite clear how I feel and am still looking for further accommodation.

On a better note - I've been supporting the IT section in my daughters school for around 5 months now and the headmaster phoned me last night and offered me a job permanently from sept. It would mean a drop in my salary for 12 months, but during this time I would gain my teaching certificate. But it would set me up financially for the rest of my life after that. So I would'nt be worried about finding a home to rent, I could afford to buy one. So I have accepted his offer. There is light at the end of the tunnel after all !!!!!!!!

Well I've not got weighed since tuesday so I dont know how things are going - am trying to steer clear of the scales they keep shouting my name - thank god I dont have any at home.

Right thats it then - all the best to everyone and I'll be back tomorrow and will post more I promise
bye for now

Julia xxx
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:52

BF:

Congrats on the job Julia!!!! It sounds great, and boy what perfect timing I am really happy for you, I have always wanted to be a teacher. So rewarding

Been having a good day, "cheated" with a bit of an orange, but hey, I chose that over a cookie, so go me

Hope everyone is having a good day, bye!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 17:29

BF:
Default Hi

Julie,

Congratulations on the job! It is great timing too.

How is the LCing going? I weighted in on Tuesday and had FINALLY lost another pound. This week I have been making a bigger effort with exercise. Trying to walk at least 1 1/2 miles every day for the week. I know that will help the weight come off faster and that is a big incentive. I have alot of summer clothes that I would like to fit into before the summer is over!

I've also been making an effort to drink more water, but in work I am constantly in the ladies room.

Hope everyone is doing well

Summer
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:23

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hi everybody

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've got almost 100 lbs to lose too. I probably will change my goal weight as I get closer to it. But at this rate...it doesn't seem like such an unattainable goal.

Julie...congrats on the job offer. Sorry about the b/f...sounds like you will be better off on your own tho.

Well just kinda wanted to let people know I was lurking around in here. Hope we can all become fast friends. Bye for now
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-24-02, 18:03

BF:
Default Hi

Hi,

Julie, where have you been? I hope everything is going well for you.

chbbybnny, how are you doing?

Anita, welcome. Your profile says you started LCing 06/17, you've lost 10 lbs. already? That is really good.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Summer
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 17:04

BF:

Hi Summer, I am doing really good.

My energy level is finally where it was before!!

How are you?

Julie, where are you? When do you start your new job? Keep us posted
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 15:04

BF:
Smile

Hi everyone

Sorry for not posting for a couple of days - but I decided that i needed to veg out on an evening for a little while. I have been constantly tired both in and out of work - so thought I'd just relax.
But I'm back now !!!!

Thank you for the job congratulations - I've actually just had it confirmed today and been told I'll be put through teacher training as of sept 2003 - so that gives me a little while to settle down with everyone. I also have the pleasure of giving my notice in on my present job this week sometime - but I've just got to pick the moment carefully.

Well I'm now 16lb lighter and thats in 4 weeks - so I really am pleased with that. The loss has really slowed down now though - but I think thats for the best - at least this way I'll keep it off !!!

Right am off to look around and see what you've all been up too - take care everyone and happy LCing.

start 29/5/02 - 16st 9lb
26/6/02 - 15st 7lb
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 17:10

BF:
Default Hi

Julie,
Glad to see you are back. Congratulations on your loss, that is excellent.

Chbbybnny,
Glad you are feeling better.

I haven't had anymore loss, but I've been exercising more so hopefully that will help.

Take care,
Summer
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 15:44

BF:

Hi Everyone

Hows it all going with you folks?

Well I have'nt lost anymore weight yet, but I'm at that TOM so am resembling a beached whale right now - but at least I know its only temporary ( well I hope it is )!!!

Today I've been to sign up for the Open University - which in the UK is otherwise known as distant learning. I have to gain an extra 120 points before I can go on teacher training, so its going to be hard work for a year - but I know I can do it !!!

Well I thought you might want to see what my baby looks like - so I'm putting a photo at the bottom - the cat is called lucy by the way and never goes far from laura - so she was bound to be in the photo too !!!

Right I hope everyone is ok and I hope to hear from you soon - bye for now and happy LCing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laura and lucy.jpg (9.9 KB, 45 views)
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 19:57

BF:

Your daughter sure takes after you looks wise She is beautiful

Sounds like you are getting everything planned out well, glad to hear from you
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 14:44

BF:

Hi Julie,

Your daughter does look alot like you.

Are you still looking for a place to move?

Good luck with your studies.

Hi Chbbybnny,

How are you doing?

I am finally down another pound. I guess all the exercise I am doing is paying off.

Summer
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-02, 15:33

BF:
Smile

Hiya Summer and Chbbybunny

How are you both doing!!!!

Thanks for the postings and sorry I've not been around for a few days, but I might only be able to come online at weekends for a while. I have an exam to revise for unfortunately - but it will get me where I want to be - so I've got to give it my best shot.

Well I've lost another 1lb - so thats 17lb in 5 weeks now and I'm really happy with that. Also pleased to hear your weight loss is on the move again Summer - does'nt it feel great !!!

As regards the house move - I'm still looking, but am trying to find somewhere near to laura's school since thats where I will be working - YES only 5 weeks left at this job thank heavens.

Well I'd better take alook around before bed. Take care and I'll speak to you soon I hope.

bye