Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 08:54

Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Cool re: since 1/14/2002

I've been converted since January 14, 2002. That's the day I got my book and although I cut out a lot of sugars and carbs before that, I consider that my enlistment date.

That means I've been on this new WOL/WOE for 12, almost 13 weeks. Granted, when I first started, I thought I'd be at my goal weight before now, but with some bumps in the road from some cheats here and there as well as added too many carbs too fast, I'm in it for the long haul anyway.

I'm now an Atkin's for life believer and although I'd like my DF (F = fiance, til 6/29) to join me in this new WOL, I'm not pushing him too hard . I have the Carbohydrate Addicted Kids book lying around the house and I am hoping that he feels it's a necessary thing for his kids to get into the right frame of mind when it comes to making sensible food choices.

His 2 kids for a previous marriage (6 & 8) need to work on their sugar & carb addictions.

Of course, my future children will be perfect

Thanks to all for your support!

Annie G
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 18:16

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Been low carbing for about a year and wouldn't go back to the old days for anything. I've had a few slips here and there, but this is the WOL for me for the long haul!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 17:50

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%
Unhappy correction

i mispoke(typed) i have been low carbing for 2yrs and 3 months
sorry i was having a "senior moment"
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 06:28

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

1 Year Susanne Somers - lost 5
2 Years Atkins - lost 5
1 Year KISS ATKINS - lost 10 more

maintaining
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 12:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/215/165
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile

At the end of this month it will have been one year. This is now a WOl for me and I plan to continue it after I meet my goal. The health benefits far exceed the occasional cravings I have. Best of luck to you! LAH
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 17:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/225/150
BF:
Progress: 50%
Cool

I've been on Atkins for 17 months and have lost 67 pounds. During my SAD season, loss is imperceptible, but by now, weight loss picks up again, with a little kickstart from strict Induction. I always fail the fresh fruit test, here in the heart of fruit country, but I am retraining my appetite. Someday I hope to even crack the 200 lb barrier, which will be the first time since my marriage over 41 years ago. It'll happen, maybe this year, maybe next. I'll just keep plugging away.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 17:23

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thinny...thank you! It finally clicked why I struggled to lose weight all winter....SAD! I don't go into a deep, dark depression during the winter months, but I do sorely feel the lack of sunlight and my weight loss pretty much stopped from January until just the past couple of weeks and now it's dropping again. I really haven't made any changes in what I'm eating, so that has to be it. No....it didn't hurt when that little light when on inside my head. LOL
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 21:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%
Lightbulb How long

4 years ago I lost 60 pounds doing Atkins, and retty much maintained a LC lifestyle with tons of exercise and never gained more than 7-10 pounds back. Then I became pregnant and really didn't LC, Ate healthy, but it started a terrible spiral of binges after birth. being a new mom and all I was up in the middle of the night with feedings (seemed like for both of us) And for an entire year I did this and now have 100 extra pounds to deal with-- So now here I am back to the eating way I remmeber and so glad to be here.I know this works, believe me when I say that. I lived it. I can't have anymore children and in a way I'm actually happy to know that once I get back to me, I'll never have to have this battle again.

Thanks for listening
Sonja

P.S. Last time I didn't have this suport forum, we are truly blessed with each other