Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 20:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/246/180
BF:
Progress: 26%
Lightbulb about start dates

I'd like to share with you all why I chose a start date when I began Atkins.

I made an appointment to visit with my doctor and discussed my plans with him. I also had all my bloodwork drawn to make sure where my starting level of cholesterol was, where my average sugar had been for the past 3 months before starting (heavy family history of diabetes), and made sure the thyroid was doing it's job correctly.
I began eliminating carbs from my diet so as not to shove my body into to shock on my start date. A few days before my start date, I did some heavy grocery shopping and stocked my home with healthy low carb foods.

When that start date came around, I went into it relaxed, emotionally prepared, and basically not "affraid" of that change I was making for the rest of my life. I had no sugar withdrawl, I had already cut almost all my caffiene out, I was beyond cravings, so the induction was actually very simple for me to stick to.

For me, the preparation worked so well.

I lost 23 pounds in my first 6 weeks of Atkins. I'm slightly stalled at the moment, but from reading many posts here on the forum, I'm betting my body is re-adjusting to it's weightloss. I've also had a hard time keeping my water intake where it really should be. I'm fixing that already.

Just thought I'd share a different POV on the start date issue.

Laura
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 20:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Sommersize
Stats: 190/178/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Re: about start dates

Quote:
Originally posted by unknown

I'd like to share with you all why I chose a start date when I began Atkins.

For me, the preparation worked so well.

I lost 23 pounds in my first 6 weeks of Atkins. I'm slightly stalled at the moment, but from reading many posts here on the forum, I'm betting my body is re-adjusting to it's weightloss. I've also had a hard time keeping my water intake where it really should be. I'm fixing that already.

Just thought I'd share a different POV on the start date issue.

Laura

That is great Laura. What a healthy outlook on everything. I need to have a little more of that. Congrats on the good work.

Jim