Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 19:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/160/120
BF:
Progress: 42%

Okay, Sophie, now I definitely have a comrade in arms, or guts, as the case may be. I laughed out loud at the idea of chocolate covered doggie turds. I'm still smilin'!
Our starting weights are the same, our lowest (since the 1980's anyway.......) in the 130's, we should be buddies. How are the scales treating you after starting back? Is the progress slow? I think I may have moved into turtle status............
Hey, how'd you add the cute little (avatar?) devil in the text, not as important as avoiding doggie turds, but I was just curious. Thanks for replying, I feel supported now.

Renee
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 21:52

Plan: zone
Stats: 209/153.5/140
BF:26%
Progress: 80%
Default Hi Im from Iowa

Have any of you tryed the low carb chocolate bars. I like the Pure Delite's Dark chocolate. Only way i can survive on this diet. As for stomachs i was at 209 last year down to 158 now and you should see all the loose skin. I have even thought about a tummy tuck. Will try exercise for now.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 20:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/150/140
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Hi Renee!

As far as the devil goes when you go to write your thread go down to the smilies and underlines at the bottom of the smilies box is a Get More thingy. Just click with your mouse on that and it gives you alot more little faces.

I am currently at 177 right now, havent moved since Saturday (3/09). It drives me crazy, but I need to remember that I started this four weeks ago Monday 3/18 and that eleven pound in 1 month aint so bad. Would prefer 45# in four weeks, but it just aint happening!

What Granny2 was saying about the bars sounds really good. Better that the chocolate covered dog turds previously mentioned ! I need to go and buy some of these things, just havent had time. Another gal that I chat with tells me that the chocolate Whey shakes are really good, just have to watch out for what type of sweetener is in them. And, of course, the CARB COUNT!!

Anyway, one day at a time right!? Keep up the good work and NO MORE APPLE PIE!!! Hahahahaha!

Later,
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:22

BF:
Thumbs up chocolate

[COLOR=sienna] [FONT=century gothic] I have found that Sweet& Low makes chocolate with lactitol, a relatively low digestible sugar that in the past, (have been avoiding testing this go around) did not take me out of ketosis. (It did make me toot toot though, it said it has a laxative effect, it just make my {lower} tummy rumble, and I emitted {relatively odorless) ,well, emissions!) Tastes just like the real thing. The trick is to check to carbs and make sure the carbs are all sugars, (not crispies, fillers, etc, since the sugars are all the 'ol' and not the 'ose' kind.)
Are ya' with me???

Russel Stover makes some too, check the drug store candy aisle. I think the ones we can eat are, chocolate nut types, chocolate caramel types, and truffle typles. (Not mint patty types, no crispy types, I can't remember other prohibited ones, you get the idea.) These are around $1.50- $2.00 per bag of (say, maybe 10 bite size pieces?) making them affordable. WalMart has them too.
Now if we can just get Hersheys to make kisses from lactitol!

#20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:24

BF:

I didn't see my chocolate post, did it make it?
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 16:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Another one from Iowa -- Ankeny here!

Wow, it is SO good seeing people from my area or close to it!

Renee I saw your message and couldn't believe how alike we are in a lot of stats! Last summer, I was also thin and trim then put on my weight FAST! I have never low carbed before, but really felt all the carbohydates in my diet were killing not only my resolve to be healthy, but feeling good at all!

Wow, it's just so nice to see others that are right around me sharing the in the same WOL! And I'm a newbie also -- this is day #3 into the program!

I also moved from NY to Iowa last year. It has been a strange time in my life, but I am now hoping to gain control and feel good!

Hi to everyone!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 17:35

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi -- I'm in Merton, Wisconsin!!!!

Merton is just kinda in between Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin ... for those who know the Holy Hill Church ... I can see it from the north side of our subdivision...

I've been on this WOE for about 1.5 years... I took a break during the holidays, and am first starting to move on the scale... I starting losing again, when I joined this site ... this is so totally inspirational here... I relatively keep to myself about my WOE, because I really don't want the conflicts that some people have to announce on "how bad hi protien diets are" ... if it's so bad, why am I doing it under my doctors supervision... I'm kinda his guinea pig... Nothing else seemed to work, and then after trying every kind of weight loss program in site, found that my system doesn't seem to like complex carbs... and then it kindof just went from there.

So, I'd like to join this thread too .. I'm from the Midwest ... that's the requirements .... me too me too!!!

Talk later all...
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 10:19

BF:
Default thanks, all

It is always nice to be drawn back into this thread. Sometimes I stay away a while, while I abuse my eating habits, but to read all of you who sound just like me, I feel better. I actually fasted for two days because I felt so bad about eating so much junk. I bought some supplements at Vitamin World, that helped me not kill anyone (from mood swings/cravings) while fasting. I haven't been strictly low carb, just trying not to be a disgusting glutton. Why do I do this to myself? Just reading your (collective) posts makes me feel more peaceful. Thanks all. Easter will probably be a loss, but I feel stronger to start again than I have recently, I'm just also going to try not to eat the ENTIRE buffet just to get my money's worth, but just what I really want. (Like, shrimp, for example!) It's nice to know you are all here.
Do you have your settings so that you get mail when there's a new post to your message? I like that. It draws me back in when I've been away, so write on this thread once in a while, and I'll be back!!