Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 17:46

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

This is a good thread, with some great contributions.

Well done Missydog!

Andy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 20:08

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 173/150/135
BF:
Progress: 61%

Thanks, Andy. That means a lot coming from you. I'm glad we've been able to air some of these issues that apparently many have been thinking about.

Missydog
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-01, 20:19

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I switched from Atkins to PP basically because I never quite figured out how to do the CCL bit -- I'd be curious if any of the Atkids here have had success with this. This is my problem of course, and not Dr. Atkins', but adding back 5 grams a week didn't work for me. I needed to keep at a steady level throughout. I know there are people who do Atkins Induction for life, but that doesn't appeal to me either.

What sold me on PP was a look at the menus. PP allows small amounts of low carb fruit. That made a difference to me. I don't think I'm a carb addict -- I hate to be unfashionable, but I'm not a binger. More a 9 mini meals a day person So eating a small apple doesn't seem to trigger anything lethal, but it makes me feel better. Also, their Paleolithic Punch, despite its name, is quite good and I feel better eating a few berries a day (it's frozen berries blended with water).

Yogabuff, I agree with you on Schwarzbein. If I were a Better Person I'd do Schwarzbein, but she's too scrupulous for my dishevelled life.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-25-01, 19:51

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default wondering about other plans

I have read atkins and the protein power. I loed them both. Fo the past couple of months I have been doing the atkins while I do include a couple things I read in the other book. All of these plans seem to work because they basicaly have the same idea, eat low-carb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am curious to read the Zone and some others. I just messed up and am back in induction so I will wait I reaally need to get back in ketosis and get on track