Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 06:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/168/140 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress:

You guys did great! I thought I need pretty good when I put my children's Easter basket together I did eat a few chocolate eggs. Easter sunday I made a wonderful dinner all LC except the roasted potatoes I took 4 little cruncy pieces could't resist, I had a few glass of LC wine and lots of water. To all that didn't do that great today is a new day move forward. WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 06:40

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

I'll confess. DW and I went off to celebrate our 17 wedding anniversary, and we had a wonderful time. According to the scale & my food journal I had too much drink and food, but thats my choice!!! Now its back on plan!!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 06:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/137/120 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 39%

I dont know what happened to me. I caved. I have not cheated since starting on 1/24. But I did yesterday. I had potato salad, cheese cake, honeybaked ham, butter beans and every thing else (not much left) was legal.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 07:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/340/175 Female 5'6"
BF:56%/55%/25%
Progress: 6%

I bravely withstood the call of the chocolate bunny!
The evil jelly bean did not conquor me!

I got to 19.7 carbs yesterday though... skating on thing ice there.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 07:24
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

Stayed on plan! Woohoo!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 07:32

Plan: Own LC
Stats: 247/166/155 Female 5'3"
BF:lots
Progress: 88%

Well I didn't do so well. I did ok until my SIL gave me a LC cheesecake. I ate half before bed... Oh well. Today is another day..

kat
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 08:02

Plan: Induction
Stats: 228/228/160 Female 5'3"
BF:39%/?/25%
Progress: 0%

Pretty Good! Weighed in at 159.5 on Friday. Started TOM on Saturday. Sunday had a few pieces of smoked ham and cottage cheese. My mom cooked a special piece of ham for me since hers was full with brown sugar, pineapples, and cherries. I did have a bite of a chocolate chip cookies, and I thought I was going to get sick. YUCK! I actually spit it out in the trash. I took some water pills just because I know that the salt in ham has a good reputation of retaining water. I then had about 70oz of water. This morning I woke up to be 4.5lbs lighter at 155. WHOOOSH!!! I was so glad, but also sooo suprised!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 08:04

Stats: 231/204/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I did great this weekend! I stuck right to it....no cheats, and I am down a pound....and I swear I owe it all to you guys!! This board keeps me motivated to meet my goal!

THANKS ALL!!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 08:08

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

We had barbequed ribs, tossed salad, cabbage...............then my friend brought a luscious chocolate cake from Central Market..........I had one sliver....OHHHH it was sweet!!!!!!!! Couldn't eat all of the sliver! All in all, it was a good day!
Hope everyone did good and had a nice Easter!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 08:12

Plan: T.K.D.
Stats: 235/183/170 Male 5'9.5" inches
BF:33%/17%/10%
Progress: 80%

Dinner:

Ham w/ mustard & horseradish
asparagus
sweet potatoes
ok, all good so far....
dessert: TWO PIECES OF PIE, one apple, one blackberry... Yum.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 08:42
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I think I did ok, considering Friday was a going away party for me, and then Sunday night was my anniversary.

Friday night, I ate LC wings and caesar salad, while everyone else chowed down on gourmet pizza and ate lemon cake afterwards. However, while I kept my eating under control, I drank 3 glasses of red wine...

Saturday - the usual - no temptations that day.

Sunday - Had grilled salmon and asparagus for dinner, followed by one slice of LC cheesecake.

Gave away the chocolate I got
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 08:59

Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Well Sunday was a breeze, Sat went to chinese with DS his favorite, and they had no veggies!!! not even beef and broccoli so I ate some meat items that were very salty, alot more salty than I had wanted to eat, so I gained a bit I am pretty sure it is water my fingers were so swollen that I couldn't pull my rings off at all and I pulled hard b/c they hurt so bad , I have never been that huge from salt. but today (2days later) I think my fingers are almost back to normal size, I have to remember not to do that again.
Easter dinner for me was 1 slice of ham, and asparagus and cheese sauce I made all sorts of LC desserts, coconut cream pie, LC ras& lime cheesecake things, and I ate some LC coconut cream YUMMY, then I had to have some un LC cheesecake
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 200/185/160 Female 5 '6
BF:
Progress:
Cool

I found the strength to stay on plan.Passes on roll,potatoes ang reg. cheesecake.Also didn't have ONE piece of my kid's candy and it is TOM for me.My husband even offered me butterfinger eggs & I turned them down.He was impressed by my willpower.I did have 2 pieces of sf choc that took the edge off.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 09:07

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
The evil jelly bean did not conquor me!

They did not conquor me either, tho I did hear them calling my name a few times.

I did good, remained on plan. I think the jelly beans and the mac & cheese was the only things I missed. But I did good since I cooked our dinner. I had chicken, green beans and cauliflower dressed up with cheese & bacon bits
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 09:10

Stats: 238/220/180 Male 69 inches
BF:way too high
Progress: 31%

I did not do as good as some of you all. I must have eaten a bag of plantain chips (fried banana or plantain chips) and my wife made a cake with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream. I just could not resist. Then we went out for dinner and I had the ribs, which had sweet barbecue sauce all over it. I am not too happy. Monday morning weigh in and I had GAINED a pound over last week. I am bummed. Any words of encouragement? Thanks!

Ashish
3wks, -11 lbs, 48 lbs to go