Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 16:44

Plan: Atkins original diet
Stats: 245/210/175 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Krispy Kreme had a bad quarter and specifically blamed Atkins for people eating less doughnuts.

cjl (so why don't they serve donuts made out of beef like a bracciole?)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 16:56
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/177/135 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I don't think you have to buy their food, but they do have a line of frozen entrees. There is money involved somewhere though--their website talks about pricing plans and savings.

Speaking of WW, here is a link to a website of their 1974 recipe cards. The recipes and authors comments are hysterical, a true gem for anyone who enjoys food humor:

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 17:11
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 219/211/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Thank you for that link saramun. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a looooooooong time. I thought I was gonna fall out of my desk chair.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 20:14

Plan: Atkins+yogurt
Stats: 155/149/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
I wonder how many of those people who stopped low-carbing because they found it restrictive or didn;t like LC products actually read a book?

This drives me crazy!!! I work with someone who says she is doing "Atkins", but you can tell by the things she says she isn't. During the first two weeks (induction) she was eating LC Tortillas, etc. And then she said she ate a regular hotdog bun for dinner because she didn't eat any carbs that day and she "needed" some. I tried to explain to her that white bread hot dog buns are not allowed on Atkins (he would roll over in his grave!!!) and that she really should be getting her carbs from veggies. She didn't listen to me, and she definitely has not read the book. Today she told me she has been doing "pretty good" but cheated this weekend and ate some french fries because her carbs were too low and she had a headache.

This has happened to me so many times before (different versions of the same story) and I get tired of it. People will ask me, what diet are you doing? and I tell them Atkins, and then they want a quick run down of what they can and can't eat. I used to try to explain it to people, but now I just tell them it's too complicated READ THE BOOK!!!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 21:16

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
No, you don't buy food for their plan, though like Atkins there is a Weight Watcher's food division that markets WW foods in grocery stores. But they make money charging a (I think) weekly fee to participants.

Okay, so these people they say they've interviewed who have switched to weight watchers can't afford to buy meat, cheese and veggies but can afford to buy food acceptable on WW on top of paying a fee just to participate. Mmmhmm......
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 21:20

Plan: Neanderwannabe
Stats: 160/125/115 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 78%

ROFL Sara that website just made my day.