Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 16:30

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

someone said something on another thread the other day that made me laugh....

"my body, my science expieriment" LoL

good luck, have fun- and make sure u get right back on the wagon
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 16:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 125/116/107 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Default re: hi carb day

i agree with you that the body gets depleted of glucose. i feel no energy and im very active and had energy before. i think my body is begging for carbs. so after 6 weeks i ate a bowl of raisin bran with 2% milk. well i actually felt like running instead of walking today. it felt great to feel like that again. but then for lunch i ate turkey and swiss cheese. i made myself eat it since i wasnt hungry. but now i feel sluggish again. atleast i got my workout in but i want to feel good the whole day. i dont know what to do. and i have no craving for carbs whatsoever. so i dont know what i would eat to up them actually. i think im just the type of person that needs carbs.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 16:53
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Lynne, I've done the same thing as you twice. Don't know why, just felt I had to shake things up a little. Weight loss had been slowing, etc. Not that I can say with certainty that the carb days helped, the results weren't earth shattering, more what I would expect if a short stall had broken naturally, and it didn't seem to speed up my subsequent weight loss.

I did find a bit of that freedom that Shastagirl talked about though. It's nice to know I can do that once in a blue moon and get back to eating healthily.

For the one that asked about the value of eating "junk carbs", that's what I ate, and specifically chose junk carbs because I had been researching CKD dieting a little, and they seemed to say it was the junk carbs that were best to reset or increase leptin levels. Plus, part of the idea behind this was to have a day to have all the stuff I'd been feeling deprived of.

I know not everyone believes as I do, but I'm not planning to low carb perfectly forever. I'm planning to low carb about 99% of the time. I'm not yet 40, I think it's reasonable for me to assume that about 3 or 4 times a year I might want to (and be able to) eat something with sugar or refined carbs in it and still be okay, and still get back to low-carbing the next day.

Valerie
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 18:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/195/170 Male 5 10
BF:
Progress: 67%

Look into CKD--Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. Plenty of information on that separate thread. I personally don't think it would work for me, but good luck.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 06:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/208.5/165 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Thanks ValerieL andPacNW for your replies.
Well it is the morning after and I am up 2 1/2 lbs. I didn't really enjoy the carb day except for the bagel, some fresh pineapple and a mango! The pasta and bread and gummy bears made me feel crappy. That was lunch. The fruit I ate for dinner. I was going to have a rice dish for dinner but I couldn't face it.
I'll check back with you on Monday and tell you if I lose this weight and break my stall. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by lynneuk : Tue, Jun-08-04 at 16:03. Reason: spelling
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-04, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: // Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 54%

I did a "higher carb" weekend over Memorial Day-really didn't go too crazy-the food was low carb , I just ate a LOT MORE of it-but I had a couple of dark beers. I was hoping it would shake things up and get my loss going again. I gained enough weight to shove me out of my size ten jeans (I had JUST gotten back into), and back to my 12s. I've been good ever since, but am NOT seeing the weight drop off quickly. Bummer.