Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 22:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

If Simplot would go back to frying theirs in beef fat (like they used to do), it would be great! I buy the occasional bag of Simplot fries for my 6-year-old from the employee store. Of course, one bag lasts and lasts and lasts and lasts around here now.

A while after starting LCing I went into the store to buy frozen berries and veggies. The clerk looked at us sort of weird (I mean, this is a store where people buy carts full of potato products). I told her we weren't eating potatoes anymore because we're on a restricted carb diet. She said, 'Well, that won't be very good for the farmers, will it?' As nicely as I could muster, I told her I thought the potato farmers should quit growing such a lazy crop and grow something healthy for a change. Our potato farmers are up in arms over McDonald's getting rid of the super-sized, and the decrease in sales because of LCing. They want to grow spuds, but the demand is on the decrease.

I love fries! And I'm lucky I can control that because I usually eat two or three out of my son's kids' meal when we go out. Low-carb fries are on my low-carb wish list, just under the honey butter.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 00:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Lila, if we're going to dream, how about low carb pasta that tastes good! Or even better, low carb rice!

Keep goin' for that size 12 dress, girl!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:30

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

LilaCotton: Instead of spuds you bought berries and veggies. Now that gives potato farmers a lot to choose from to replace those potatoes they're growing doesn't it? Several types of berries and hundreds of veggies to choose from and they are wasting their time and energy getting mad.