Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 13:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/161/155 Female 5'9"
BF:38.9%/23.4%/22%
Progress: 94%

I'm about to take mine out to the shed and beat it with a willow switch.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: carnivorous?
Stats: 212/204/190 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default CAD and weight

Hi everybody
I'm new here, and this is my first post but I'm very excited about the CAD and just finished the book two nights ago. So I hope you all won't mind if I make a quick observation about weight loss.

In the book they say to AVERAGE your weight loss over a week. Even this small tidbit was a real eye-opener for me as I have been tracking my weight daily for more than a month (low carbing with a couple of unfortunate cheating episodes therein) and couldn't make heads or tails of the weight fluctuations. When I averaged my weight over that month I could see easily that I was losing about a pound a half per week (I was exercising vigorously 5-6 days a week, too though).

When I finally deliberately added carbs back into my diet I, too, gained a couple lbs over night. However, since I use a Tanita bodyfat scale I could easily see that I had NOT gained fat. My bf % stayed the same, so obviously it was water weight.

The only that I am worried about on CAD is being able to kill carb cravings the next day. Have to wait and see I guess!

Hope advice from a newbie won't upset anyone! :-)
Take care and happy losses!
AL