Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

Measure yourself. I lost an inch each from my chest, waist, and hips in 2 weeks. The scale lies, especially if you are excercising. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat.

Are you not excercising?? DO IT!!!! You don't have to do a lot either, I take 5-10 minutes of my morning, every day, to do some pushups (ok, I do mine weakling style, either on a wall, or a countertop, but I do them, and after two weeks I have seen results), some crunches, and some squats. Some days instead of the squats I walk a mile (takes less time than you'd think), or I run up and down my stairs a few times. This will build some muscles under your skin (and fat) and it will raise your metabolism and burn more fat in those areas as well. At least this is what I have noticed.

And give it time. If you are doing everything right, you may notice a whoosh one day and find you have lost 5 lbs overnight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 18:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/173/180 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

no nuts in induction at all... keep up with how much water you are using.......more the better.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 17:19

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

I agree with what everyone said as well. No nuts on induction. That was what slowed down my weight loss last year when I did Atkins for the first time. Also, you don't appear to be eating a lot of food. Perhaps eating a little bit more food and increasing your fat intake will help. I know how frustrating it is not losing weight. I'm in induction as well and didn't lose any lbs in my 2nd week. This is the 3rd time I'm doing Atkins and the weight loss has significantly slowed down since the 1st time I did Atkins. Keep persevering, it will eventually happen. Good Luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/325/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all

Thanks for the help I got rid of the nuts like you all suggested. I know everyone says eat a little more, and a little more fat. I will try that. I am I guess still afraid of the whole adding fat thing because I have "fat is bad" stuck in my head from when I used to be a low-fat dieter.

I have to admit, although low-carb is really different I do think its a whole lot better than anything I have ever tried. I never realized just how much sugar was in some stuff until now.

Anyway, I have to run -my daughter wants to go to the playground- so once again, thank you all for your kind responses.

Have a wonderful day!

>Annett