Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 08:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

I'm with Remba, a total scale addict.
I weigh everytime I pass the scale.
I purposely walk upstairs to pee in my own bathroom so that I can weigh afterward. Sometimes I even take my clothes off in the middle of the day just to see what I weigh naked.

I know in my heart of heart that weighing weekly would be better, but the pull of the scale is often too much for me!

I think I will try putting away my home scale and weigh only at the gym. I love moving those metal weights to register my weight.

I will be so excited when the first weight is at 100 instead of 150.

Happy LCing everyone!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 21:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/232/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I go up and down so much through the week- that it discourages me if I weigh more than a couple times a week now. I still lose about the same average weight- but I might not see the result in 7 days. I have noticed that I weigh more in the morning when I first get up - than I do in mid afternoon. I don't know for sure why. I am assuming it is fluid retention, but this happens most of the time I weigh. I watch the salt content in food now- to see if this may change the fluid retention. I get too discouraged if I weigh every day- because I am like a roller coaster. I am continuing a decline in weight every week, but it jumps all over the scale.

I think I am using too many artificial sweetner packets during the day. I love decafinnated iced tea- and I like a sweetner packet in it.
How many sweetners do they recommend using in a day? I don't remember hearing an amount.

Quiltlady
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 22:13

Plan: Atkins, KISS
Stats: 235/200/183 Male 6' 1
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Anticipation

I have stuck to once a week since starting.

I weigh in Wednesday morning, immediately upon getting up and before the morning exercise session for consistency.

I am really praying for a change tomorrow morning. Since Feb 25 I have been stalled and actually went up 2lb last Wednesday. That was a bit depressing.

I was actually a bit tough on myself about 3 weeks back. I have a basic set of spring scales. The needle was a bit under 0 so I recalibrated it up. Oh, the willpower it took to do that!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 22:15

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

It's funny that we all have the willpower to stay off the carbs... but we don't have to strength to stay off the scale hahaha (like me! i weigh like a dozen times a day )

my weight varies as much as 6lbs throughout the day i found!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 23:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/178/170 Male 5'10'
BF:
Progress: 68%

As Dumbletore says, "to each their own",

Personally, I weigh myself each day, first thing in the AM when I get up, before I have anything to eat or drink, don't know if it is the way it is supposed to be done, but for me it is a constant time that I can go by.

If you are weighing yourself multiple time throughout the day, there are going to be alot of BIG fluctuations. Remember that 1 gallon of water weighs 10 lbs, so while you have been passing some of that as you go through the day, alot of it is still making its way through your system. I know that if I weigh myself throughout the day after the initial, I will be up from the morning weigh in.

And you probably don't need to hear this info, but I weigh myself without wearing any clothing.

Just my thoughts,

Cheers

edited for the clothing bit.

Last edited by Pratt : Mon, Mar-15-04 at 23:42.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 02:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/179.5/140 Female 5'0"
BF:43%/43%/25%
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratt
And you probably don't need to hear this info, but I weigh myself without wearing any clothing.

Hahah, same here. Otherwise I'd be rationalizing a lower weight: Minus two pounds for jeans, one pound for sweater, one pound for underwear, and at the end of all the subtracting, I'll be ten pounds lighter than i really am!