Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 12:56

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Has anyone used cooked flaxseeds as a binding agent in anything like meatloaf? After cooking the flaxseeds yesterday, it seems like a natural idea…. They are very gooey – far more gooey than oatmeal and I’ve used it in the past. I’m making an effort to get my fiber intake up based on research showing a high fiber diet has a beneficial effect on lipids

Bawdy:
You seem to be doing really well with the new WOE – I think step aerobics are OK to do daily unless you are doing them with weights

Elaine:
Congrats on the weight loss. Glad you are feeling better today. Re: scale weighing differently – mine weighs differently on different floors - I don’t know why, but I weigh every morning with the scale in same place.

As for the calorie amounts – let how you feel and how you loss be your guide. No two bodies are alike. I’m seriously considering dropping my calories down to 8 to 9.5 per pound for the next few weeks to get the weight off – it makes a huge difference when you are hiking – especially in the mountains. We will be doing some short camping / backpacking trips soon to test equipment and see what actually works for us.

Ellie:
You and your Dad continue to be in my prayers. Glad the second autopsy gave the info needed for closure.

Your menus look good for ’72 induction… hope you are getting over the induction ‘flu’ or whatever is going on with your tummy. Wonderful news re: pants fitting better. I couldn’t get over how skinny you were in your new hair-do photos.

Not sure what to think about the flaxseeds – had cereal for lunch today, but cooked it a lot longer – the seeds were sort of like tiny pinto beans….. will continue to eat them for the health benefits, but am looking for ways to fix them.

Meg:
Congrats on the 3 lb loss! Glad you are adding the jello – it really does seem to help most folks get thru the induction period. I’m with Michele on the calories – 1400 wouldn’t have been enough for me when I was over 200 lbs. Gald you are using FitDay – it really helped me to plan early on and now it helps me to keep track of what I’m doing. I’ve been using it again for some planning as I’m rearranging my diet a bit.

Michele (acipenser)
Let us know how the measurements go – I’m finally seeing some movement on the scales – I have been losing inches fairly steadily. In fact, I just had to retire some of my clothing – the pants are nearly falling off and the shirts were hanging off my shoulders.

Great observation re: being more attuned to our bodies – hadn’t considered it before, but it so true.

Shelly (Lissette)
Glad to hear the parts are in for the treadmill.

unitydkn:
Whoops – sorry about not remembering you had started the thread.

The pic is great – you are a very attractive gal.

simplydawn:
Congrats on the blood sugar readings. Glad you caught the med error.

Eight c:
Welcome to the group – hope you are feeling better today.

6 kids!!!! I can relate, but mine are grown. Glad to hear the babysitter is willing to read.

Re: 18 yo daughter – welcome to the club – most kids go thru an “I’m 18 and I can do what I please” stage. They make a few mistakes, get a few scrapes and bumps – and then most come to there senses and straighten up. You will survive I’ve survived a number of such incidents (hence all my gray hairs )
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:07

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congrats to both Meg and Michele for having guys notice you are skinnying down.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 14:59

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

does anybody else feel like they spend entirely too much time on this forum?? i check in a couple of times a day when i am at work (easy to just click when the computer is already in front of you). kinda makes me feel like a big slacker at work.....

re: doing step aerobics every day. i signed up with a personal trainer at my gym when i was doing low-fat. one of the things he said was that when you do anykind of cardio every day you body gets used to the activity and motions. he suggested that you switch it up every couple of months. that way your body is constantly adjusting (....working) and you will use more energy (...calories). and make sure you stretch those muscles. especially the hip flexors if you are doing a lot of step.(i love step aerobics!!)
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 16:48

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Don't what the deal is, everything I eat continues to go right back out. I went to Carl's Jr for lunch and had the 6 dollar low carb burger minus the ketchup. It was pretty good, though it was hugh! I ate a little more than half and was stuffed.

Orang - You are way too kind, that picture just happened to catch me at a flattering angle....I am far from skinny
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 17:09

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Elle, you looked pretty good to us Don't know what the deal is with your brief encounter with your digestive tract. Are you eating a lot more fiber than usual?

Orang, I have only used flaxmeal as a cereal mixed with protein powder (vanilla) , as filler in my Mock Danish or as Bawdy's Dobie muffins. I'd try making a hamburger with it with some seasonings, etc and see what happens. That way you don't waste a whole pound of ground beef in case you don't like it.
PS,doing 8-9.5 x pounds would bring me to 1836 to 2180. Does that sound too low for me? (I am at 229 with clothes on) Fitday says my average cals since 2/10 have been 1822!

AC, sometimes I spend so much time on here I feel like I am waiting for Judy Garland to click her heels and say "There's no place like home..."
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 17:35

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I know exactly what you mean about "living" on this board! When I'm working from home, I keep this forum up on my personal computer and do all my work on my work laptop. I'm constantly checking to see if anyone else has posted!

Michelle, I agree that you should switch things up every couple months. I thought I would do the step aerobics for a couple months and then go back to the Bowflex.

About the Bowflex. Elaine tipped me off to a safety issue with my model. I called Bowflex but could never get through. Apparently there's a free fix kit available. Well, guess what. Today when I got home from work there was quite a large box on my porch from Bowflex! That's amazing, seeing as how I bought it second-hand. About a month ago, I had called Bowflex to order a couple spare parts that were missing when I bought it. They must have kept my name and address and then automatically sent me a fix kit!

If that's truly what's in the box (haven't opened it yet), they're going to be getting a very nice letter from me.

My menu was very good today. Will post tomorrow.

See you all then!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 17:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

It's not that people spend too much time on BB's..it's that work, family etc keep getting in the way of useful computer time!!!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 18:07

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Elaine - I don't what the problem is. My boss had a similar bout last week, that is why I think it is bug. I am glad you are proactive about your health though I am sorry about your Mom. Thanx for the nice compliment

Bawdy - I used to do step aerobics all the time, loved it! It was the only type of aerobics I could do. Your numbers look good, I think the whoosh fairy should be visiting soon

Michele - That is my DD's middle name I know I spend way too much time on these boards....especially at work

I am off to my first yoga class.....hope I can stay of the bathroom long enough to get something out it I decided to skip the before gym snack for saftely purposes
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 18:29

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

That flippin' whoosh fairy BETTER come visit me soon, or I'm putting out a contract on her!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 18:29

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

Quote:
I decided to skip the before gym snack for saftely purposes

you got a chuckle out of me with that one!!!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:55

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Just a quick hello!
I think that I caught the stomach bug form you Ellie! yesterday hit hard and boy I was miserable! Today was alittle better, I got back on the treadmill and th first mile was a tough one, but I stuck it out, my stomach is still being a pain, but I guess the one bright side is that I will not be eating as much! I hope that the results on your step mom will bring some closure, deaths resulting from blood clots is higher then you would think, One of my friends' brother was only 33 had knee surgury and was home for 2 weeks died later because of that!

Elaine, (or miss peanut butter!) Ha WTG on the loss!!

Bawdy, hope your woosh wish will be granted soon! Elaine, send her over when you get done!

Orang,Are you going to try the flax meal with the meat loaf? let me know how it turns out! I miss making it.

Meg, that is an awsome loss!

Michele, I have been trying to mix things up also, from my treadmill to weights to my tape!

I have to get going now, It is almost my ds's bedtime and mom duty calls!Ha

Hello to everyone else here! Have a GREAT EVENING!!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 20:03

Plan: Basic Lo Carb
Stats: 270/236/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 34%

I do the same as bawdy, at home I keep the page up to see if anyone has posted I did pretty good today. My count is somewhat low, but not quite as low as 1400 I got a horrible headache earlier this evening and my stomach was hurting but after I forced myself to eat dinner I felt better. I know all this will even out eventually so I'm keeping on keeping on! I do feel somewhat better and I FEEL like I've lost..hope the scales reflect that soon! Hope everyone has a great evening!!!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 20:32
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

I am glad to see that I am not the only person who leaves this board up on her computer...and refreshes it.. .. It has sort of become a lifeline for me. Even if I dont post something, or respond right away..I am reading.. and listening....
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 00:27

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
The pic is great – you are a very attractive gal.