Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 00:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/266/175 Female 5'10"
BF:voluminous
Progress: 9%

Beanie,

Ditto to everything said here. The main thing is not to beat yourself up over slip ups and just "start over" with the next bite. I blew it this afternoon when my son made brownies but dinner was LC and I've been drinking my water. According to others here(there's a thread around here on this) you will come to find that the carbs aren't as appealing as they used to be. And if you find them calling your name because you are dealing with an emotional issue come up with some diversions to get your mind off of food as a solution to your problem. I think that we can all say that the only problem food solves is hunger and that sadness, anger, feeling lost or alone, etc don't answer to food. Go for a walk, come here and read, call a friend, write in a private journal or here. A lot of times if we get out of ourselves, no matter how bad we've had it there are others worse off. I know that I have had to deal with a lot of self-pity but when I take my eyes off of myself I can deal with a lot more of life.

I am new to LC because I just couldn't see myself giving up sweets and bread BUT now that I know how much better I feel without them it becomes easier to say no. Those brownies were calling my name but after eating them and almost immediately becoming sleepy, almost a drugged feeling, I know that they are going to have to call a whole lot louder and longer the next time!

When we are eating HC we become accustomed to the aches and pains and lethargy and almost think that that is normal or the price of getting older but once you do LC and feel better, as you know from your previous experiences, you will get stronger than your cravings. Here you will find many people who know that this is so and will encourage you along the way.

If you haven't already done so start a journal hear so that we can support you directly.

Welcome aboard and join in the fellowship!

Connie
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 08:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 349/336/160 Female 5ft.6ins
BF:
Progress:

We all know what this feeling is like Beane. I have spent my life on a diet, but like you this is going to be my - OUR time for success.
I'll be thinking of you.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 14:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

Beane! Whenever you need support or encouragement, or a good swift kick in the pants to keep you motivated, this is the place to come!! We are here for you, because you ARE worth the struggle and the hassle and the work.

Remember too, you did not gain all of that weight in a year, and it is not all going to go away in a week. It will take work and a change of lifestyle, but luckily, it is a change of lifestyle that many people are embracing, and the choices out there just keep improving.

Good luck!!!!