Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 10:46
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

We all slip. You have to forgive yourself and resolve to do better next time. Whenever I have had slip ups I try to remember how bad I felt afterwards. 9/10 the slip up was so not worth it.

Congrats on getting yourself on track and most importantly recognizing what caused you to stray. Document in your journal girl. It helps!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-04, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/295/230 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hang in there!

Last edited by enginepe : Thu, Jan-22-04 at 07:36.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 11.12/11.0/9.7 Female 5.5
BF:25.6
Progress: 8%

Hi there - just to say that they found exactly the same thing with Mum last January and, needless to say, you want to cry and cry. My Mum had one of her lungs out, with no other therapy needed, and now rides 8 miles on her bike every day. She even joked that the lung must have weighed a stone as that's how much weight she lost after the Op. (not a recommended weight loss option obviously

So, what I'm trying to say in a rather roundabout manner is that your much loved Dad has every chance of being healthy and recovering. Take care sweetheart.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 21:51

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%

You'll get through this! The important thing to do now is focus on the future and not keep beating yourself up over the ice cream. If you find yourself in a situation like that again ( I know I do more than I'd like) I ask myself if the item I'm looking at will fix it? will it make me feel better in the long run? etc, and it talks me out of it. You're doing great and it's not eay to face the health problems of a loved one.

I say the Serenity prayer regularly and it goes like this (btw I'm spiritual, Not religious) God (or insert deity you belive in here) grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to know the difference. I only have control over myself and my behaviour and it's something I have to remind myself of daily but it does help. Wishing you and your dad all the best. Glad you can talk to us about what's going on for you.

Nicole