Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 09:59

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%
Question This I have NEVER understood

"If the measurement you get is an uneven number add five inches, if the measurement is even add 6 inches." My personal experience is that this process will provide me with a bra that rides my shoulderblades. My ribcage is 32.5 inches. My bust is 43/44. If I add 6, I "should" wear a 38? What I really need is a 35, 34 is workable, but annoying to put on and uncomfortable by the end of the day. What I did find and is fairly comfortable is a 36F (JCPenney has a 36DDD, but it has a round piece on top the shoulder which digs in and hurts), hooked on the smallest hooks. This was from Fredricks of Hollywood. Now, perhaps it's a size issue as I have no doubt my um, breasts weigh a bit more than someone who has a B cup. It still isn't the "right" size, but is comfortable. And doesn't ride my shoulderblades. It's really annoying and embarassing to go around hiking your bra up.

Here's a link. It's even a pretty bra. Which those of us who wear the "granny" bra know isn't usually the case...

http://www.fredericks.com/product.a...duct%5Fid=51345
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 11:03
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

I have to agree with everyone about the proper bra really helping - I picked that up too from the what not to wear show - and realized it was time to stop forcing them into my old 34C's or those stretchy strap models - so I went out and got some bra's with iron strenght and it really makes it look like I've lost about 10lbs !!!!! I re-measured (using the formula in the back of Sears Catalogue - a combination of the below bust measure plus the around the bust) according to their formula I was coming out an F cup - I never knew such a thing existed - but each brand is a bit different in sizing and with trial and error I found that a C cup in another size will work - I mean how many stores sell F cups!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 19:39
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Fredricks of hollywood carrys F cup I just learned.

www.lessbounce.com has some great sports bras in all sizes.

I am a G so I know all about hard to find bras.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jan-03-04, 21:15

Plan: eclectic
Stats: 192/192/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

Haha!

I am long-waisted, and normal-legged. On top of this I have a fairly subtle waist-definition, and my smallest measurement is generally at the bra band! So needless to say I don't usually count that as my waist! I also have a very full bust, and know a whole lot about proper bra sizing. It does make a load of difference (hmm, there seems to be a vague pun there!).

I once took a pattern-drafting class and learned that my torso isn't just long from bust point to waist, it's long from shoulder to bust point. Which means my boobs don't really sag (YAY!!!) it's just that clothes aren't cut for me. At least my longer torso helps make me a bit more proportionate-looking. I just fantasize about wearing buttoned shirts! Losing weight won't do it--the slimmer I get the worse things fit, because I don't gain/lose much in the tatas *sigh*.

As far as pants being too long, why is it only men get custom hemming? Come to think of it, maybe it's just that we women haven't gotten used to spending the extra $$ on ourselves to get our pants to fit!

I say, we should all push for more custom tailoring for us girls!

Cheers!

Last edited by twotimer : Sat, Jan-03-04 at 21:18.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:38

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

I'm with you, LilaCotton. I'm about 5' 4" or 5' 5", and my inseam is 32 or 33. If my torso "fit" my legs, I'd be at least 5' 8". AND I'm hippy. Finding jeans that fit right is torture.