Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:12

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Think "outside the box" for breakfast. It doesn't have to be bacon, eggs or sausage. Quite often when I'm pressed for time, I'll grab leftovers from the night before. There's no rule that says you can't eat pork chops and spinach casserole for breakfast. Some other things to consider would be ham or roast beef spread with cream cheese and rolled up, tuna salad (if you can handle tuna that early in the morning...I can't) or chicken salad. Deep dish pizza quiche (see the recipe forum) can be reheated well. You can get several low carb hot breakfast cereals to keep at work and make up when you feel like breakfast or you can make your own version using equal parts ground flax seed and unprocessed wheat bran...flavor however you like. Then there's always string cheese or celery spread with cream cheese. Get creative!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

Check the "breakfast ideas" thread - I remember seeing a recipe for some kind of "breakfast muffins"...made with crumbled bacon/sausage, eggs, cheese and spinach. These are baked in muffin tins and make individual servings - I think this would be GREAT to bring along and heat up in the microwave as required.

Good luck!

Froufie

P.S. Found this recipe:

Sausage Egg Muffins *
1 pound Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans Sausage (browned, crumbled, and drained)
4 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Atkins Bake Mix or Soy Flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

I added 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon sage and will continue to add variations on up coming batches. Beat together eggs, cream and bake mix. Stir in sausage and cheese. Spray non-stick muffin cups with Pam. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 20-25 minutes, they will brown slightly on top.

Makes 12 muffins -- 1.7 carbs each.

Last edited by Froufie : Tue, Nov-18-03 at 19:03.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 21:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

The mock danish is really really good.

2 oz's cream cheese
1 egg (i usually only use 1/2 egg)
splenda
cinnamin
vanilla

Stir together, add a few frozen or fresh berries in the center
microwave for 3 min (time varries)
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 21:35
Registered Member

Stats: 145/135/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I eat the Atkins Morning Start breakfast bars every week-day morning. I keep a box in my desk. They are a bit pricey (about $5.00 a box here on sale, for 5 bars) but way better than cooking, in my opinion.

There is a cinnamin swirl kind and an apple crunch. I like them both.

I never used to eat breakfast, but now I do every day as long as I'm stocked up on bars!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 23:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

On the weekend make a large quiche. Take and wrap single serving portions and freeze. Grab a serving on way out door and reheat in nuker at work

Cook other meals on weekends and freeze. Tuna salad or egg salad can also be made up quickly. Grab a can of tuna and some mayo. Canned crab meat can also be made into many things.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 10:19
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 172/163/124 Female 62.5"
BF:31/29.5/24
Progress: 19%

For breakfast or for mobile snacks I like celery sticks with:
- tuna salad
- chicken salad
- sliced meat and cheese
- cream cheese and lox/salmon/whitefish
- caviar (the cheap lumpfish kind) and cream cheese
- peanut butter

Some more lc than others, but all better than apples or junk food or those breakfast bars, known affectionately in our house as "tar bars" (hubby's first hearing of the name "power bar"). Cucumber slices work equally well, but are messier and not suitable for moving around.

Good luck, study hard!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 11:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/143.0/135 Female 5'4"
BF:?
Progress: 60%

I really like the Atkins Cranberry-Orange muffin mix. I usually add a little ground flax seed for a bit more fiber and health value. Two for breakfast is good for me.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 12:32

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Most mornings I have salad for breakfast - dice a hard boiled egg on top, crumble some bacon, dressing or mayonnaise and you're ready to go.

And a 2.5 minute breakfast with the microwave: nuke 2 oz cream cheese for 30 seconds. Moosh around a bit with a fork. Beat one egg with a packet of Splenda and pour over cream cheese and stir a bit. Dot with butter and cover with plastic wrap. Nuke for two minutes, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!