Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 14:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default thanks

thanks alot folks. But I have heard all of it before, and nothing works. But I will stick with it. Here's my fitday
http://www.fitday.com/webfit/public...l?owner=Lacey+O
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 14:30
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I was thinging the same thing Lacey, when I read the responding posting. I know you have been around here for a while. Like me you know all the rules, and can easily advice others on what to do and what not to do. It is hard for some to realize that you can do all the right things and still stall out. I am not ready to go back to my old ways. That would just kill everything I have done. Right now I am fighting to make myself step on the scale everyday. I am afraid if I advoid it to long the news will be bad indeed. The only thing I take comfort in is the fact that I know I am still in ketosis. Although I may not be losing, at least I am not gaining.

Hopefully one day my body will give it up and kick back into gear.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 14:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/197/140 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 28%

I am with the stallers %100 percent. Would really like to see the breakdown of an exact meal plan from some of the the more successful stall breakers. Just any kind of general day with typical foods would be helpful to me. Thanks and good luck to all the fellow stall queens.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:09
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

Hey Lacy O,

when you make jello-pudding... are you making it with skim milk as the box says??
I made it for myself about 1 week ago... and i used 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream and 1 1/4 cup water... instead of the 2cups of skim milk.. it took longer to set but it tasted awesome...
I did notice that i have lost nada this week... not sure if that causing me to slow on lose??

Maybe you should try cutting out dry cream in your coffee and the aspartame?? I know you have already tried to take this out and nothing but maybe you should try going back to induction only foods....

I am not the expert as I have not been stalled for over 2 weeks... but thought i would try to help...
It also looks like you are not getting enough calories??
I think you need to eat more...

Good luck hun... we are all rooting for you
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 15:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 226/196/140 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I am reading a book called "The Secret to low carb success". In this book it states that your body can convert 50% of the protein you eat into glucose. It also says if you are stalled it could be because you are eating too much protein.

I have not been stalled, but have been losing very slowly the last 4 weeks (around 1 lb a week). Looking at my fitday stats, I was eating over 100 grams of protein a day, the highest day I consumed 156 grams. This week I decided to try keeping my protein between 85-100 grams a day and have lost 4 lbs. I am also trying to up my fat grams by snacking on macadamia nuts and adding more olive oil when I cook. Could just be a coincidence, but I am going to continue limiting protein and see what the outcome is in future weeks.

I find it frustrating that this WOE needs so much fine tuning for each individual. What works for one person doesn't work for all. I have no intention of giving up, but I find this one point nerve wracking!! I am still trying to find out what works the best for me.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 16:54
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Hi Lacey,

Have you tried cutting back on salt? I noticed from your fitday that you eat a lot of salty foods - bacon, pepperoni, cheese, pork rinds, etc. This can cause you to retain a lot of water.

Also maybe drop the powdered cream substitute in your coffee (though I see you don't use this everyday).

Processed foods might be contributing as well. They often have a lot of hidden carbs. Try eating plainer foods for a while - meat and veggies with some dairy.

I note some days you don't use Fitday. It's not for everyone, but I've found it really helpful. On those days that you don't record your food, are you still carefully watching carbs? Sometimes when we cook for others it can be easy to pop a mouthful of that or a spoonful of this without thinking. Is that a possibility?

It's great you're continuing to stick it out. I'm sure you'll discover a breakthrough soon.

Good luck!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 18:28
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I've been in a several-MONTH stall since quitting smoking, and I've recently made the switch to the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. It's been about a week and a half, and I've finally lost a pound.

Between "shaking up" my diet, and exercising more, I'm finally starting to lose again!

I wouldn't recommend changing plans to everyone, but it seems to be working for me.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 20:07

Stats: 247/220/150 Female 5'5
BF:Getting better
Progress: 28%

WOW....I'm sooooooooooooooo happy to know I'm not alone in this waiting game. My nerves are just about plucked. Up two pounds this am. Nothing in 7 weeks inches nor pounds. I'm starting to get depressed, I get depressed, I eat, trying not to to eat 4 million calories a day.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 03:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Quote:
thanks alot folks. But I have heard all of it before, and nothing works.

Ok, I have gone thru your fitday, and I have to say the following:

Many days you have been having less than 700 calories a day.
Only few times you arrived to eat 20 gms of carbs.
Other times you have eaten more than 60 gms.
You eat to little fat and to many proteins, and of course, your percentages don't look right.

Remember that in order to loose fat, you need to eat FAT.

I suggest you re-read the book from page 1.
Work on the right percentages as Nille mentioned.
Eat more Fat , less proteins, 20 grams of carbs, and more calories.
You have been starving yourself (check August), and this is the reason why you are getting STUCK.
Drink lots and lots of water.

I have spent time checking your fitday, so I will really aprreciate you take a look at it and analize it yourself. Copy and paste all the percentages into word on in your diary. You will be able to see what I am talking about.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 06:18
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is a copy of my post at a different thread. It maybe of help here.

Measuring could be a more accurate indication of losing weight than using the scale. Here is why:

When you lose body fat, water may get into some of the empty fat cells replacing the fat. This could make you notice no change in your weight and could lead you to believe that you are "stalling".

When your body retains water, it stores the water evenly all over the body surface not specifically in the areas where fat has been. This is why in this case you notice that your waist, chest and hips measurments indicate that you have lost weight although your scale indicates no loss.

After an unpredictable amount of time, your body will release the retained water and you will notice a sudden drop in your weight.

It is good to know that the body fat loss is a continuous process, we actually never stall as long as we are in the state of ketosis. The water retaining/releasing cycle is what makes us believe so.

As you come closer to your goal weight, your body fat loss slows down to a degree that the water cycle becomes the most important factor in your weight fluctuation.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 06:56

Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

I was stalled for three weeks due to sugar-free ice cream. After just four days of not eating it, I am back in ketosis and have lost 2 lbs.!