Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 00:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 187/115/115 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi guys me again.

Denise--- So sorry to hear about Bandit.... I love my dog and would hate to know she is sick. I will keep you in my prayers. Also I posted my story as a regular thread if you click on my name it then it will show all the threads I have ever posted its the first one. I didnt know about the success thread at the time I posted that. Yes 70 lbs since january is alot but I was determined and focused.... had made up my mind on doing this. Thanks for the kind words.

want2bfit--- I am so glad you read my first thread that was written from my heart.

Annie Pie-- Thanks for the welcome... I would love to post pics but dont have my old pics on digital or have a scanner... I was just telling hubby he said we will try to get one soon...he always tells me that word.. soon.

Well guys tommorow is Oct 1...the first day of our challenge I am so looking forward to starting it... also it is starting to get a bit cool here at nights I look forward to the fall weather. That is my favorite time of the year... talk to you guys later.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 03:57

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Wow! those were awesome posts! I have just a few minutes, but the important things...

Denise, I'm so sorry about your Bandit... I lost my Katrina (11 yo English Springer Spaniel) last summer and it was horrible. I held her as she was put down. I don't think Bandit knows that he's sick, so just enjoy him and hope he staying strong for as long as possible. They are truly the dog of dogs (Golden Retrievers).... ok i've got to change the subject now cuz i'm literally tearing up.

Annie and Maureen!!! way to go girls.... Maureen for giving Annie the encouragement she needs and Annie for finally making that appointment! It wasn't so bad... just pinches a bit. Hey my next mammo will be easier cuz I the first place I lost weight (to my dh's chagrin) was my boobs.

I need to make my pancakes today, yesterday got much to crazy. I will let you know!!!

Maureen... three days of exercise!!! that's awesome, I know you must be so proud. WE are proud of you too!

Karen, TheNewMe, Fishburg, TerryLynne, Alex, I'm so glad you are here... the new and the "old"... Where'd ya get Fishburg???
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 04:04

Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE

THENEWME: 1st-187 9/30-117
MAUREEN: 1ST-260 9/30-245
ANNIE: 1ST-211 9/30-181
SUSAN: 1ST-175 9/30-150
DENISE: 1ST-175 9/30-160
TERRYLYNN: 1ST-298 9/30-262
ALEX: 1ST-200 9/30-189
FISHBURG: 1ST-275 9/30-241
KAREN: 1ST-257 9/30-239

I thought I would include our absolute start weights so we won't forget what wonderful progress we have all made!!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 05:19

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

I am so glad there's another challenge to join! Even though I don't have much time to check in it helps to keep me going. I have a trip to Punta Cana planned for Oct 12th so I am doing EVERYTHING possible to keep myself on the LC wagon! Actually I've been doing induction now for 5 wks or so. Like you Annie-Pie my weight loss has slowed down dramatically!!!!!!!! I HAVE to do induction to loose ANY weight! I lost 5 lbs last month and that is the most I have lost in a month in a VERY LONG TIME!!!!!!! My body has a hard time letting go because the last time I was at this weight was on the way up while I was pregnant with my first child 11 yrs ago. I would really love to loose the last 14 pounds as a Christmas gift to myself but the holidays are such a hard time for me. I guess I'll just have to keep joining challenges to keep my mind off all the holiday food! That and wear a bikini around the house!
Later,
Heather

THE OCTOBER CHALLENGE

THENEWME: 1st-187 9/30-117
MAUREEN: 1ST-260 9/30-245
ANNIE: 1ST-211 9/30-181
SUSAN: 1ST-175 9/30-150
DENISE: 1ST-175 9/30-160
TERRYLYNN: 1ST-298 9/30-262
ALEX: 1ST-200 9/30-189
FISHBURG: 1ST-275 9/30-241
KAREN: 1ST-257 9/30-239
LIDDLE:1ST-190 9/30-134.5
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 05:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Morning Girls,

I was so out of control yesterday with my eating. Although I didn't have anything that wasn't allowed, I had too much. I had 2 Atkins Advantage bars as well as his other chocolate bars, and nuts galorie. It just seemed like every time I turned around I was putting something in my mouth. I don't know what triggered that yesterday. I must do better today.

Denise...I am so sorry to hear about Bandit. If there is anything I can do to help you through this please do not hesitate to ask. I lost my Bear after 12 years a year ago July. I do know how difficult it is.

Maureen...Awesome job you are doing with your exercising! I can't wait to go to the doctor tomorrow night to see if I can start the WAP. Keep up the good work.

Annie Pie...Happy that you made your appt. I must make one for next month. You see I have to go every 6 months.

TerryLynn and Alex...Welcome to our group.

For anyone that I missed and couldn't give a personal hello to...I am sorry! I must get to work now. I will check in with you all later.

Good luck to all of us!

Hugs

Karen
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 08:02

Stats: 200/187.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I took my offical start of the month measurements, which I haven't done in two weeks, and I did lose 1/2 inch from all three key measurement areas. That was very encouraging. All that bike riding and roller blading must have replaced fat with muscle. Now I'm really encouraged to continue working out!

Annie: It's great to hear that other school districts have outdoor ed. I went in fifth grade eons ago, and both my kids went here at our current school district. It's a great program.

Denise: sorry to hear about Bandit. I had a dog named Bandit. She passed away a number of years ago due to tumors that prevented her from eating, so we had to have her put to sleep. She now rests comfortably in my parents backyard. (My parents kept the dog after I got married. But she was my dog right out of college, so I know what you are going through.)

To Maureen, thenewme, fione mck, fishburg, Karen and TerryLynn, let's give this month a good run! (Did I miss anybody?)
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 09:07

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:

Dear friends,

Happy October. I want to let everyone know that October is
National Down Syndrome Awareness Month.

As some of you know my soon to be 7 year old little pumpkin boy has Mosaic DS (not all his cells are effected). It is both a gift and privilege to be his mom.

Since exercising is one of our goals this month, go to
www.NDSS.org and find a buddy walk in your area and go have some fun!!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 09:44

BF:

WAP= Walk Away the Pounds. It is so great. I personally think walking is so boring. Well these tapes change all that. I can't believe how fast the time and mileage goes and you do it in your home, even in your undies (or bikini) if you want. I bought the 3 pack (1,2 & 3 mile) at the super WalMart for $27. It was $35 at the regular WalMart near me and it wasn't on sale at either place.
PILATES- Have no clue how to describe other then you need to be in shape to get into some of the positions. The tapes I have are great because they have 2 women doing them. One is for the thin, unjured, able bodied person. The other is for me. She does a modified version of each position. It's great to see if I will someday be able to give up the modified version. It's similar to yoga. Slow stretching moves. For alot of the moves you are lying down. The tapes that I have seemed to get the best reviews under the exercise posts. Both of these programs have instructor who have pretty calming voices. No yelling or super energetic noises.

Karen, I so hope you get a good report tomorrow from your doctor. How did you injure your heel? Yesterdays eating is yesterdays eating. There is a sign in the gift shop at the hospital that says "Remember the positive things of today and forget the negative".

Alexs, that is awesome to lose 1 1/2" in 2 weeks. Great job.

Heather, where is Punta Cana? You're right about the bikini. Some incentive that would be. I am laughing so hard just at the thought of me walking around in one. We won't even go the thong route.

Annie, I am so happy that you made your appt. I know its so hard with busy lives and the whole mom thing to actually take care of ourselves but what good are we to our children, husbands, boyfriends, etc. if we don't.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day. Blessings, Maureen
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:22

Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi everyone. I don't know what to say, I'm just going through the motions. I really appreciate everyone's sympathy and concern for me, Bandit, and Gary. Last night at Open House, Gary didn't talk to me. Gary isn't talking to me period. I feel so alone. If he doesn't snap out of this, then I don't know about the wedding anymore. Our happy home is gone. I don't know when Gary will let me in. I want to help him, but I'm hurting too. I'm sure he is hurting much more then me, but now not only am I losing my dog, but I feel I'm losing my fiance too and our whole future together. I'm so depressed, angry and hurt. This tragedy will either bring us closer together or tear us apart. So far, it has torn us apart and I don't know if it will get better. Maybe it's too soon to tell. We just moved into our new house about a month and a half ago and we are planning to be married in Feb. I can't tell you how happy we have been since we moved in and now he isn't talking to me. I feel so helpless. I wish I could make him feel better, but I'm not doing so hot myself. I feel like crying again...

Oh well life as we know it goes on.

Annie: Glad you got your appt in for your mammogram.

Thenewme: Sorry that you lost your dog too. I am going to try and find your post.

Maureen: Exercising for 3 days in a row. I am very proud of you.

Alexa: Congrats on losing those inches. Keep up the bikeriding and rollerblading. I can't believe you also had a dog named Bandit. Sorry that he is gone too.

Susan: I'm sorry too about your dog. I guess there are many people out there who know how I am feeling. Thanks for posting the weights.

Liddle: Welcome to our group.

Karen: Don't worry about the SF treats. Just drink lots of water today. Sorry too that you lost your dog. Good luck at the doctors tomorrow.

Food for the day: tuna wrap, cheese, seeds, steak, salad

Exercise: Running with my dog in the park/Upper weights
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:29
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%

Karen, I had the same problem on Monday, didn't eat any forbidden foods, but ate too much and never felt satisfied all day. Yesterday was better and today I found it was my TOM so maybe that's my excuse? I am finally back in ketosis this afternoon. I sure hate seeing tan on my ketostix Also it's been raining for a couple days and I didn't get my walk in. I always feel so much better after (at least mentally :-) my walk. Now that we have that out of our systems we can get back to burning that fat!!!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:40

BF:

Denise, a big hug for you. We lost a baby when I was 7 months pregnant. I'm telling you this to let you know that most men grieve in a different way then females. They go inward where we tend to be more verbal. It doesn't sound like Gary is shutting you out as much as it may be that he is grieving in his own way. Prayers & hugs to you both. Blessings, Maureen
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:44

Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Thank you Maureen for your insight. I really hope you are right about this. I am so sorry about your loss too...
That had to be such a difficult time to get through.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:46

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning, friends!

Welcome to our circle of friends, Liddle! You have a great reason to want to keep losing weight. I'm afraid that if I walked around the house in a bikini, just my luck, there would be a lineman outside who would have a birds' eye view or something!

Denise, may I ask you something personal and you do not need to answer me. I just feel that marriage is so precious, that hopefully Gary and you can receive some counseling from a licensed counselor. It can do miracles. We dont need problems to take us to a counselor. Most ministers anyways nowadays ask that the couple recieve at least 2 visits of pre-marital counseling. Your happiness is so important. Keep in touch will you?

Thanks Maureen for filling me in on the exercise stuff. I am proud of you!

Karen: Hope your day at work is going great, and it's ok that you overdid it on the LC goodies yesterday...who hasn't? Remember my 'mistake' a few weeks back with all the malitol! How quickly I learned, eh? Anyway, you are one sweet potato Karen and you just keep truckin' along hon.

Fishburg: Inquiring minds want to know how you got your wonderful user name. Care to share? You've come 27% in sight of your goal weight and we are proud of your efforts! I don't know if I could ever lose 11 pounds in 4 weeks, and I wish you well in whatever success you achieve. Whether you do lose it or not before your birthday, remember you are much healthier now than you were when you started! To answer your question about email cards, I can't answer that one for you. I encourage you to reach out in some unusual, unroutine way to someone you normally would think you don't have time for. Keep up your great LC'ing work!

Alexs: Great job on measuring! You ARE slowly disappearing!

Susan: WOW! You did your homework! That took time. THANK YOU and now do you want M&M's for a reward?

TerryLynne...You have inspired me to start walking more. Just think how many miles that is in a month, that normally you wouldn't have gotten. And I bet you feel better walking with your dog too, don't you. Except when they have to sniff out every other yard, LOL! I love Maureen's link to Down's Syndrome and would like to personally love to join a walk in our area.

One more thing Susan: Thanks for listing our REAL before weights. I tend to forget how far I'm come. You are the wind beneath my wings, and I thank you!

If I forgot someone, please accept my apologies. Hugs, Annie-Pie

Last edited by Annie-Pie : Wed, Oct-01-03 at 11:50. Reason: erased some of it when posting
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 11:57

BF:

Karen, I am not ignoring you. Your pm is full
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 12:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi,
I was in the other challenge with thenewme and would like to join this one for the month.
I wont say I will lose 4 to 8 pounds this month, my only goal is to get under 170. Ihad a hard time last month because I had been stuck and got irratated at myself and the scale. I went from 175 to 185 to 175 to 178 to 172.5 all in one month. Sounds like it couldnt be true but it is. I hope to do better this month since I finally got the scale under 175.
It is nice to meet you all.
Today is hard because I had to make apple turnovers for DH and there is still 3 left in the kitchen. I keep telling myself that one wont hurt me and then I remember seeing 172.5 for 4 days in a row and I say "yes it will" so I cant wait for my DD to gethome and eat them to get them out of my face.
Talk to you all later and keep motivating us all.
Sheila