Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 15:49
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

I guess I can understand how you might be upset by your husbands attitude - but does it help you to stay on track?? I mean did you maybe ask him when you started the diet to nag you and make sure you stayed on the plan? If he didn't act this way would you have quit trying. I wish my husband would have that attitude instead of saying oh you should eat a little more, oh you exercise too much, blah blah blah . I realize this is a different attitude than the other posters here and I'm not trying to upset anyone but sometimes seeing another outlook might change how you take what he says. He probably really thinks he is supporting you, the 120 is not unrealistic for your height and age I'm 5'2 and much older right now my goal is 120 but if I reach that I will go lower if I can. Do you exercise, if you think 120 is too low you can point out to him that you've probably gained muscle while losing body fat and that maybe a higher weight would be still look good. Don't you think that his encouraging you like this is better than if he was trying to get you to eat burgers and fries or have a little of this or that??? Lots of women have the opposite problem and would love to have someone help them so much. But if you're truly hurt by his actions I guess you have to tell him and if you did ask for his help in staying on plan then tell him you've changed your mind about that. I hope you can work it out either way - I do think that you sound to be nicely toned anyway and you ARE doing great and it would be nice of him to acknowledge that - praise is also a big part of encouragement maybe he's forgotton that. Take Care
Sponsored Links