Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 09:20
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I suppose you could wear a low carb t-shirt when you go to public places

You could make your own or get one here.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/store/products.html

Sometimes I feel like I want to tell everyone I see, but I'm really too shy to talk to strangers.

Beth
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 11:47

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default A teacher's view

I am a teacher, means "evangelism" is part of my everyday life.
According my 25+ years education experiences, instead of sending negative messages - you are overweight, your life is in danger, a positive approach is much more effective. To show the PLEASURE of this Way of Life. (Not of a diet...)
I am a passionate - though amateur - chef, have collected literally thousands LC recipes from around the world. I am eager to share all these. I always take home-prepared meals to school, create tasty, colorful, aromatic plates for parties, even for simple commitee meetings. Similar way with my friends, my students. People are curious, I give them the recipes. We even have a "cooking club" . Without any reference to health or diet...

Similar way with my exercises. I am passionate runner. I never say to anybody that he/she should exercise. But they can see my upbeat mood after my everyday early morning running, so some of them join... So we have a "running/walking club" too.

Instead of saving/ preaching to the world to strangers, how about starting with our families, friends, colleagues? People who know you, people who know your intent, who will not think that you want to sell a new "fad diet"?

Last edited by Galadriell : Sat, Aug-23-03 at 11:57.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 23:45

Plan: low carb - PP and my own
Stats: 222/209/162 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 22%

I don't think the desire to spread the word will diminish. I do believe that all the posts that recommend being an example of weight loss and health will work wonders.

I have only lost a little, compared to the success stories I read in these forums. Yet my coworkers are saying things like, "you looked great in your white outfit today...it must be wonderful to be losing weight and have it so together!"

Me? together? well, if they think so, then maybe they'll consider finding out more about low-carbing. We had dinner with a couple last night...she is really heavy! Makes me feel thin next to her, but she is a lovely person and loved by many! She ordered a Belgian waffle with whipped cream and strawberries and a milk shake...after consuming popcorn and soda at the movie! I had 8 small shrimp and a cup of coffee. Didn't say a word about food! I know she will think about this. She is bright. She can make up her own mind.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 01:17

Plan: Dr Bernstein
Stats: 195/175/170
BF:
Progress: 80%

I don't know about evangelism, seems like no one wants to know. I say I cant have bread, potatoes, whatever, because of blood glucose issues, they never say, well how's your health then, they don't want to know. Minds are already made up, fat is bad. One person said, you lost weight over the summer - I said, yes, my blood sugars were scaring me, had to really cut the carbohydrates. "you'll get fat eating all that bacon and cheese." two minutes ago she was noticing im losing. But if not evangelism, I want to succeed. In other words, if I have bad cholesterol or whatever, I don't want it to be because I cheated and had pizza a few times after all. Feel like it would let Dr. Bernstein down, give the lowfat drs a chance to say we told you so. Bill
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 06:36

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihnig
I suppose you could wear a low carb t-shirt when you go to public places

I really like this idea. I was thinking I could take my ugliest, fattest picture of myself and put it on the front & back of a T-shirt with a message like, "Me before eating low carb" or some such thing.

I do think the world will come around. I can see it already happening within my own family.